Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

my rear TSB is DENIED!! What's a good solution?

Old 09-02-2010, 02:13 PM   #1
w103tws will become famous soon enoughw103tws will become famous soon enough
w103tws's Tacoma Gallery
my rear TSB is DENIED!! What's a good solution?

After spending about 1.5hrs on the phone with 2 different dealers, I was told the same thing, that the rear leaf TSB would have to be paid completely out of my pocket. My truck is an 07 with around 70k miles on it, but is Certified. There is still 2 months left on the bumper to bumper certified warranty, and 4yrs left on the pwr train warranty. First off, neither dealer had ever heard of a tsb for a harsh ride with weight in the bed, so I had to explain to them what it said, and give them the TSB number before they even agreed with me that such a thing even existed. Next, each dealer said that it is only covered under the orig. warranty, and would cost me $90 for an inspection to put a claim in for the certified warranty, and that they probably wouldn't cover it.

I already ordered my 5100's anticipating a rear tsb, but now it doesn't look like I'm gonna get it.

My options are:

1) Send the Billie's back and keep the truck stock.
Or
2) Suggest to me the correct AAL to put in so I can use my billies (gonna set em' at 1.75 or 2.5).

Thanks
Old 09-02-2010, 02:16 PM   #2
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
TSB's are covered up to 3 years 36,000 miles...whichever comes first.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:18 PM   #3
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
well if you still want to lift the truck then keep the billys.... you can get the toytec 1.5" AAL and put the billys at the 2.5 setting. that should level it out.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:22 PM   #4
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
TSB's are covered up to 3 years 36,000 miles...whichever comes first.
x2 You are past warrenty so they won't cover it for you.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:54 PM   #5
doubletaco is just really nicedoubletaco is just really nicedoubletaco is just really nicedoubletaco is just really nicedoubletaco is just really nice

doubletaco's Tacoma Gallery
You have the bumper to bumper certified warranty, call Toyota at the 1-800 # and state your case.
Old 09-02-2010, 03:11 PM   #6
The Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Nick
The Yellow Dart's Tacoma Gallery
I went through almost the same thing.

Since I was past the 3x36 warranty, but I have the Toyota Extended Warranty, they told me that the parts would need to fail in order for them to replace them.

I kinda sat there with my mouth agape, then I asked the woman in charge if she was serious that she wanted my parts to fail under load before they would correct the issue -- which, I might add is a very dangerous proposition -- and she said unfortunately that was the service policy.

So, let me know how that works out.
Old 09-02-2010, 03:32 PM   #8
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Its only covered under the 3yr 36mi which has been stated. I kinda wish I could have gotten the TSB done too but I bought mine w/ 42k miles.

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...=116&Itemid=72
Old 09-02-2010, 03:38 PM   #9
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
buy the TSB springs i just took off of my truck have around 10-12k miles on them, i will wash and rust reform them b4 i sell them
Old 09-02-2010, 05:28 PM   #10
w103tws's Tacoma Gallery
I've called the toyota certified warranty number, and they said it would be covered if the tsb was performed because the parts failed. I asked the dealer about it, and they said that the leaf spring have not failed, unless they are visibly broken, or pretty much sitting on the bump stops without any load in the bed.

So, I guess it is covered by the 3 month/1000 mile comprehensive warranty on certified vehicles IF the dealers don't want to be asses about it.

Burgman: How much you thinking you want for the springs shipped to me (45894)? Why did you take them off?
Old 09-02-2010, 05:42 PM   #11
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by w103tws View Post
I've called the toyota certified warranty number, and they said it would be covered if the tsb was performed because the parts failed. I asked the dealer about it, and they said that the leaf spring have not failed, unless they are visibly broken, or pretty much sitting on the bump stops without any load in the bed.

So, I guess it is covered by the 3 month/1000 mile comprehensive warranty on certified vehicles IF the dealers don't want to be asses about it.

Burgman: How much you thinking you want for the springs shipped to me (45894)? Why did you take them off?
Have a 3" AP leaf packk on, would like to get around 75 dollar profit, I'm 23805... and they weiigh about 40 pounds, if u can find shippiing that works for u let me know
Old 09-02-2010, 06:00 PM   #12
dpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant future
dpak's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in the same boat as you but I was lied to and denied the TSB. My truck is a 2007 model with 33K miles and when I talked to the dealer, they said that they will do it. So I brought my truck in 2 weeks later on Thursday and had to leave it with them for the weekend, since i was going out of town on the weekend. The dealer calls me on Saturday and says that cannot do it because my truck is over the 3 year warranty. At that point, I flipped out because they could have told me that to begin with 2 weeks ago and not have to waste my time bringing it in.

Does anyone know how much it would be to get the parts installed somewhere else?
Old 09-02-2010, 06:04 PM   #13
chugchug is on a distinguished road

Name: Will
chugchug's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to hear the issues you are having with the TSB. I just had mine done at 64k miles on it and I am not the first owner either. I just bought my truck in Nov. of 2009. When I bought it I also bought an after market coverage. Since I bought I have been complaining about how crappy it drove even with an empty bed. I went to Toyota a few times to see if they can do anything about it. They said sorry we cant help. Now the last time I went back to get the gas petal recall done I ask if they could call and see if my after market coverage would do it. They called and with person coming out to look at the truck to verify the problem. They agreed and said yes they would cover it. Just the springs not the shocks I would have to bay for them.

I hoped it helps and good luck
Old 09-03-2010, 07:20 AM   #14
w103tws's Tacoma Gallery
If I put an AAL from Toytec on, will it handle heavier loads better than stock, or just lift the rear a bit?
Old 09-03-2010, 07:25 AM   #15
Man, Myth, Legend
bakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Always Out Front
Name: Lyndall
bakerla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by w103tws View Post
If I put an AAL from Toytec on, will it handle heavier loads better than stock, or just lift the rear a bit?
both. it will handle heavier loads "better", but won't increase your load carrying capacity.