1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rough Idle on my 2010

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by cadzilla88, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Sep 2, 2010 at 5:45 PM
    cadzilla88

cadzilla88 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Greer SC
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Double Cab
    I bought my 2010 Tacoma Quad Cab V6 2WD Auto in June. This past weekend I took it to the dealer for my 5000 mile check-up. When I pulled out I noticed some hesitation then at the gas station on the corner it was idling rough. I took it back and explained what was up. They looked under the hood, checking vacuum hoses, etc. All looked good but idle was rough. Tech said he only changed oil and checked air filter, fluid levels, etc. I drove it around town but after 2 hours it was starting to bug me so I took it back. They couldn't find anything obviously wrong so they rebooted the computer. They said it should even out after a few weeks of driving. But a week later it is still rough. I have filled it up twice since and I can see that my MPG's went from 20-21 avg. to 18 MPG's. Any suggestions? Next week if nothing improves it is going back to the dealer.

Products Discussed in

To Top