Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Toyota Tacoma Alarm with Red Light on Dash

Old 09-04-2010, 10:15 AM   #1
jabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of light

jabrackin's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jabrackin
Toyota Tacoma Alarm with Red Light on Dash

Does anyone have this alarm? It is the one that honks when you lock and unlock the truck. I have it and was just curious who else does.
Old 09-04-2010, 10:17 AM   #2
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
mine 09 dc does
Old 09-04-2010, 10:18 AM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Thought about getting it but isn't it like $400ish?
Old 09-04-2010, 10:28 AM   #4
jabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of light

jabrackin's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jabrackin
the one i am talking about is not the VIP 3200 Security, but the Gulf States Alarm It has a red button on the dash that you can push in and out.
Old 09-04-2010, 08:33 PM   #5
Coupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coupe's Tacoma Gallery
I have an 08 X-Runner, I hooked my bed tailgate to the factory alarm.
Old 09-04-2010, 10:30 PM   #6
BUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BUZZ5's Tacoma Gallery
I have that alarm, but I disabled the annoying horn blow & just have the parking lights flash. The horn has a series of # of sound offs when you unlock to let you know the vehicle has had an alarm. In the pic you can see the red light-button to the right of the switches. It flashes when the alarm is armed.
Old 09-04-2010, 10:34 PM   #7
epa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eduardo
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Mine came with something like that too, what does your remote look like?
Old 09-04-2010, 10:36 PM   #8
Bartle Do Member
MXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Keith Stone
MXscott14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUZZ5 View Post
I have that alarm, but I disabled the annoying horn blow & just have the parking lights flash. The horn has a series of # of sound offs when you unlock to let you know the vehicle has had an alarm. In the pic you can see the red light-button to the right of the switches. It flashes when the alarm is armed.
i have that too what happens when you push it in, and out
Old 09-04-2010, 10:36 PM   #9
I Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I Liquid I's Tacoma Gallery
I got it. They placed it in one of the blank button slots.

Not a bad alarm I guess, for stock anyhow.

Beeper is the same stock beeper.
Old 09-04-2010, 10:44 PM   #10
Riderx805 is on a distinguished road

Riderx805's Tacoma Gallery
I have this one also. The red light is a button that you can push to turn the alarm on and off.
Old 09-04-2010, 10:59 PM   #11
epa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Liquid I View Post
I got it. They placed it in one of the blank button slots.

Not a bad alarm I guess, for stock anyhow.

Beeper is the same stock beeper.
+1 mine is also in one of the blank slots. From what I've found the alarm is made by Audiovox, Prestige models. I downloaded a manual of one of their alarms with a similar remote as mine and everything works like the manual (disabling/enabling horn chirp etc etc)

The manual states that pushing the red button is for disabling/enabling valet mode.

Quote:
The "Valet" switch allows you to temporarily bypass all alarm functions, eliminating the
need to hand your transmitter to parking attendants or garage mechanics. When the system
is in valet mode, all alarm functions are bypassed, however, the remote panic feature and
remote door locks will remain operational.
Old 09-04-2010, 11:14 PM   #12
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
It sounds like a decent alarm but it's $479. I opted out of it because I could get a remote start system for that much or less. Of course that is only if I wanted remote start.
Old 09-04-2010, 11:18 PM   #13
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
It sounds like a decent alarm but it's $479. I opted out of it because I could get a remote start system for that much or less. Of course that is only if I wanted remote start.
Wow didn't know it cost that much, I got mine luckily for free I wasn't expecting an alarm since my truck is a base 5-lugger, I was surprised to see the alarm when the truck got delivered.
Old 09-04-2010, 11:19 PM   #14
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by epa4wd View Post
Wow didn't know it cost that much, I got mine luckily for free I wasn't expecting an alarm since my truck is a base 5-lugger, I was surprised to see the alarm when the truck got delivered.
Yeah if I was any good at negotiating I would have asked for it for free since I did just burn 30K for a vehicle.
Old 09-04-2010, 11:44 PM   #15
I Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I Liquid I's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by epa4wd View Post
Im guessing, but I think most Toyotas here in PR come with an alarm just like that. At least i've seen it in a lot of Toyotas in here.
Old 09-05-2010, 12:02 AM   #16
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Liquid I View Post
Im guessing, but I think most Toyotas here in PR come with an alarm just like that. At least i've seen it in a lot of Toyotas in here.
I'm glad that we at least get that then, we already pay $2K more than what a Tacoma costs in the states.
Old 12-19-2010, 04:47 PM   #17
hardtaco will become famous soon enoughhardtaco will become famous soon enough

hardtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody have a manual or anything on this alarm system. My 08 has one, and I have no clue as to it's operations, settings, ect.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:25 PM   #18
JBlood9 has a spectacular aura aboutJBlood9 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Jordan
JBlood9's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone have a clue why this light would be lit up red when i am driving? it happened tonight and i'm stumped. I installed a new AFE CAI.... maybe the noise on top of the flowmaster? shot in the dark ....