1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Mt high Season Pass

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by jaw154, Sep 5, 2010.

1. Sep 5, 2010 at 1:02 PM
    jaw154

jaw154 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Quicksand TRD Off road
    Soon...
    just got my season pass to mt high and am so stoked to snowboard this season. this is my first year with my taco in the snow. i have a 4x4
    any tips on driving in the snow?

2. Sep 5, 2010 at 1:10 PM
    T0LLPHR33

T0LLPHR33 Well-Known Member

Member:
    S1N C1TY...(from Hilo, HI)...
    Vehicle:
    BSP TRD Off-Road
    APR X-1 | TRD CAI w/Clear Cover | TRD Short Shifter w/ TRD "RED" Shift Knob | SGII w/Blendmount| Snugtop SL w/KeyLess Entry | 5% Tint | Pop-n-Lock | Bosch Icon WB | S2K Antenna | HRM | LS 8K Projectors w/BSP HLM & 8K Fogs w/FLM | Debadged |Tinted Tails | Black Weathertechs | MX RGM & RBM | Optima Red Top 35 | Gatorback Belt |
    just take your time when driving on snow...never slam on the brakes and the throttle, don't over correct your turning and you will be absolutely fine...use 4x4 when going up the mountain passes; its just safer and that way you don't have to buy chains...those things are a bitch to put on and remove...

I don't always put my 4x4 on while driving up the mountain...but it definitely helps...:D

I just renewed my EPIC PASS: Heavenly (Lake Tahoe), Colorado Mountains: Breckenridge, Vail, Arapahoe (aka A-Basin), Beaver Creek, Keyston...no black out dates; unlimited riding at all 6 mountains all season long...

Mammoth Mountain Season...I no longer have to buy a season pass for Brian Head, Utah (I know all the park crew and a lot of my boys live up there) and Mt. Charleston (owned by the same guys who run Park City...+I got a few friends that work there that give me passes; just gotta call them)

3. Sep 5, 2010 at 1:17 PM
    MxRacer190

MxRacer190 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 4x4 Indigo
    Arg I wished I lived out west!!!

NC mountains and their fake snow/ice sucks. . .

4. Sep 5, 2010 at 1:23 PM
    jaw154

jaw154 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Quicksand TRD Off road
    Soon...
    that epic pass seems so sick. how much do those run?

5. Sep 5, 2010 at 1:39 PM
    T0LLPHR33

T0LLPHR33 Well-Known Member

Member:
    S1N C1TY...(from Hilo, HI)...
    Vehicle:
    BSP TRD Off-Road
    APR X-1 | TRD CAI w/Clear Cover | TRD Short Shifter w/ TRD "RED" Shift Knob | SGII w/Blendmount| Snugtop SL w/KeyLess Entry | 5% Tint | Pop-n-Lock | Bosch Icon WB | S2K Antenna | HRM | LS 8K Projectors w/BSP HLM & 8K Fogs w/FLM | Debadged |Tinted Tails | Black Weathertechs | MX RGM & RBM | Optima Red Top 35 | Gatorback Belt |
    $599...I tell you what its worth every penny...you spend a day at Vail or Breckenridge those day passes are $95/per day...so you spend 6 days out there and the pass is paid for...

last winter was the 1st time I had an epic pass...my family and I spent 8 days up at Heavenly...my dad and I only road cause my girl was pregos with my son...1 day at heavenly mid season was $65 x 8 days = $525

then during spring break my dad and I drove from vegas to Breckenridge (10-11hour drive depending on road conditions)...spend a total of 10 days riding all 5 mountains on the epic pass and then chose our favorite 2 mountains and road there the remainder of the time...Breckenridge and Vail are my favorites there...I am a park guy and love hitting back country runs and powder tree runs...it took us 3 days to learn breckenridge like the back of our hands but it was so dam crowded...if it dumps snow I highly recommend Vail between the 2 cause there are literally limitless runs through the trees...so with the EPIC PASS our trip to Colorado only cost us gas, food, and rooms...:D met some cool guys up in Colorado that hooks us up on free wax and edging...I didn't bring my grinder, wax iron, and scrapers cause the hotel we were staying at wouldn't allow me to do that myself...

during the winter season I spend most of my time up at Brian Head and Mammoth...I drive to the mountains every weekend from Vegas just to board...

6. Sep 5, 2010 at 1:53 PM
    STR8_BEAST

STR8_BEAST Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Collin
    HB, SoCal
    Vehicle:
    07 PRERUNNER TRD OR
    MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST, SOUND SYSTEM, KENWOOD DNX 7140, WINDOW TINT, REAR TSB, FRONT COIL SPACER, SATOSHI MOD, BHLM, WHITE CALIPERS, CB RADIO W/4FT FIRESTIK, MAGLITE MOD
    big bear > mt high

:)

7. Sep 5, 2010 at 2:44 PM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
    In California, you should still buy chains just in case. Even with 4x4.

Products Discussed in

To Top