Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Mt high Season Pass

Old 09-05-2010, 02:02 PM   #1
jaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jared
jaw154's Tacoma Gallery
Mt high Season Pass

just got my season pass to mt high and am so stoked to snowboard this season. this is my first year with my taco in the snow. i have a 4x4
any tips on driving in the snow?
Old 09-05-2010, 02:10 PM   #2
T0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T0LLPHR33's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to T0LLPHR33
just take your time when driving on snow...never slam on the brakes and the throttle, don't over correct your turning and you will be absolutely fine...use 4x4 when going up the mountain passes; its just safer and that way you don't have to buy chains...those things are a bitch to put on and remove...

I don't always put my 4x4 on while driving up the mountain...but it definitely helps...

I just renewed my EPIC PASS: Heavenly (Lake Tahoe), Colorado Mountains: Breckenridge, Vail, Arapahoe (aka A-Basin), Beaver Creek, Keyston...no black out dates; unlimited riding at all 6 mountains all season long...

Mammoth Mountain Season...I no longer have to buy a season pass for Brian Head, Utah (I know all the park crew and a lot of my boys live up there) and Mt. Charleston (owned by the same guys who run Park City...+I got a few friends that work there that give me passes; just gotta call them)
Old 09-05-2010, 02:17 PM   #3
MxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MxRacer190's Tacoma Gallery
Arg I wished I lived out west!!!

NC mountains and their fake snow/ice sucks. . .
Old 09-05-2010, 02:23 PM   #4
jaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jared
jaw154's Tacoma Gallery
that epic pass seems so sick. how much do those run?
Old 09-05-2010, 02:39 PM   #5
T0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T0LLPHR33's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to T0LLPHR33
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaw154 View Post
that epic pass seems so sick. how much do those run?
$599...I tell you what its worth every penny...you spend a day at Vail or Breckenridge those day passes are $95/per day...so you spend 6 days out there and the pass is paid for...

last winter was the 1st time I had an epic pass...my family and I spent 8 days up at Heavenly...my dad and I only road cause my girl was pregos with my son...1 day at heavenly mid season was $65 x 8 days = $525

then during spring break my dad and I drove from vegas to Breckenridge (10-11hour drive depending on road conditions)...spend a total of 10 days riding all 5 mountains on the epic pass and then chose our favorite 2 mountains and road there the remainder of the time...Breckenridge and Vail are my favorites there...I am a park guy and love hitting back country runs and powder tree runs...it took us 3 days to learn breckenridge like the back of our hands but it was so dam crowded...if it dumps snow I highly recommend Vail between the 2 cause there are literally limitless runs through the trees...so with the EPIC PASS our trip to Colorado only cost us gas, food, and rooms... met some cool guys up in Colorado that hooks us up on free wax and edging...I didn't bring my grinder, wax iron, and scrapers cause the hotel we were staying at wouldn't allow me to do that myself...

during the winter season I spend most of my time up at Brian Head and Mammoth...I drive to the mountains every weekend from Vegas just to board...
Old 09-05-2010, 02:53 PM   #6
MASTER CHIEF
STR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Collin
STR8_BEAST's Tacoma Gallery
big bear > mt high

Old 09-05-2010, 03:44 PM   #7
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
In California, you should still buy chains just in case. Even with 4x4.