Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Napier Sportz Truck Tent III vs. The Adventure Truck Tent

View Poll Results: Which is the better product?
Napier Sportz III 21 84.00%
Adventure truck tent 4 16.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-05-2010, 01:15 PM   #1
ajs06 is on a distinguished road
ajs06's Tacoma Gallery
Napier Sportz Truck Tent III vs. The Adventure Truck Tent

Thoughts/opinions on which tent is better? Durability; space; overall quality; keeping dry etc. etc

http://sportzbynapier.com/product.html?product_num=58

http://www.adventuretrucktent.com/Products.htm
Old 09-05-2010, 07:14 PM   #2
ride BMX!
littledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
littledvl's Tacoma Gallery
I have the napier sportz tent III, have only used it once but It seems very durable, was easy to put up and take down. I dont have any complaints so I voted for it. Cant say much for the other since iv never seen/used one.

Old 09-05-2010, 07:29 PM   #3
Hoogie boogie!
Stupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
Stupid hurts.'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Stupid hurts.
I also have the Napier tent and have no complaints thus far. I am even able to fit it even with the bed bar. Very nice headroom too. Paired off with a Truck Bedz, this thing is perfect!

Old 09-05-2010, 07:56 PM   #4
Racer78 is on a distinguished road

Racer78's Tacoma Gallery
I also have the Napier tent III. Its pretty slick and fits nice. No complaints. Some cool little compartments inside for small storage..keys, phone, wallet, flashlight.. The Adventure tent looks like it has the pass through door for the rear slider which seems fairly handy.

Seems like most campers around us thought is was really cool and wanted to get one or asked how I made a regular tent fit?? lol
Old 09-06-2010, 05:42 AM   #5
MJG is on a distinguished road
Name: Michael
MJG's Tacoma Gallery
Napier all the way..I was impressed by the details of the tent..I.E the windows and pockets on it..Awesome tent..
Attached Thumbnails
Napier Sportz Truck Tent III vs. The Adventure Truck Tent-aug-28-2010-truck-tenting-030.jpg  
Old 09-06-2010, 06:20 AM   #6
I'd rather be hunting!
huntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
huntark03's Tacoma Gallery
I guess they have ways to protect the paint?
Old 09-06-2010, 06:22 AM   #7
MJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shed
MJonesTrumpet's Tacoma Gallery
I have the napier truck tent III and its AWESOME. I also have the truck bedz mattress...it had a hole from the get go...not just a hole...but a worn front side, with like 8 holes...it was defective. It took the guy 9 months to send me a replacement. Do yourself a favor, and get the AirBedz one. ITS SO MUCH BETTER! It has a built in rechargeable pump, and an attached topper, which then goes over the wheel wells giving you the entire bed to sleep on. ITS SO MUCH NICER! heres a link!

http://www.truckairbedz.com/
Old 09-06-2010, 10:28 AM   #8
ride BMX!
littledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
littledvl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntark03 View Post
I guess they have ways to protect the paint?

They come with like fur sleeves that go over the straps. I had them on in the pictures I posted above.
Old 09-06-2010, 01:54 PM   #9
zombiekiller is on a distinguished road
zombiekiller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonesTrumpet View Post
I have the napier truck tent III and its AWESOME. I also have the truck bedz mattress...it had a hole from the get go...not just a hole...but a worn front side, with like 8 holes...it was defective. It took the guy 9 months to send me a replacement. Do yourself a favor, and get the AirBedz one. ITS SO MUCH BETTER! It has a built in rechargeable pump, and an attached topper, which then goes over the wheel wells giving you the entire bed to sleep on. ITS SO MUCH NICER! heres a link!

http://www.truckairbedz.com/
i take it you have a long bed? it doesnt appear that they make a short bed version.
Old 09-06-2010, 01:56 PM   #10
MJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiekiller View Post
i take it you have a long bed? it doesnt appear that they make a short bed version.
I have an access cab...so...i guess that constitutes a long bed?...I'm not sure if they make a short bed or not...im guessing you have a double cab short bed?
Old 09-06-2010, 01:59 PM   #11
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
They do have a short bet version. But the tailgate must be down. http://www.pickupspecialties.com/Tru...r_mattress.htm
Old 09-06-2010, 02:01 PM   #12
zombiekiller is on a distinguished road
zombiekiller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonesTrumpet View Post
I have an access cab...so...i guess that constitutes a long bed?...I'm not sure if they make a short bed or not...im guessing you have a double cab short bed?
yeah, Dc short bed. I'll have to call them to see if it fits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac808 View Post
They do have a short bet version. But the tailgate must be down. http://www.pickupspecialties.com/Tru...r_mattress.htm
not really interested in that one. Me, my wife and my dog would never fit back there without the area over the wheel wells. i may just go with building my own platform and test fitting some normal air mattresses.
Old 09-06-2010, 04:05 PM   #13
Call AirBedz...I'm not positive if they have one for short beds, but I will tell you this. Their customer service is second to none. When I ordered it, it leaked air at the wheel wells. I sent an email about it, and in less than 30 min, the president of the company called me to personally appologize. He explained, they were brand new for the tacomas, and they had an issue with the wheel wells, but they are fixed now, he told me to ship it back to them, but to wait becuase he was going to ship me a new one first, along with a prepaid sticker to send the other one back. not only did they ship me a new one which they over-nighted, but they shipped free inserts which make it able to be used as a regular mattress, AND a car charger for the rechargeable batteries. It was sweet. Plus blue is nicer than brown :-p
Old 09-06-2010, 08:09 PM   #14
jackwithcorona is a jewel in the roughjackwithcorona is a jewel in the roughjackwithcorona is a jewel in the roughjackwithcorona is a jewel in the rough

Firefighter: Goddamned Paratrooper
Name: Mike
jackwithcorona's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed... had to postto do so, I'm on my phone
Old 09-09-2010, 08:13 AM   #15
I'd rather be hunting!
huntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
huntark03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krookz View Post
Its interesting the napier one is winning the poll. I can stand up in mine

How tall are you?
Old 09-09-2010, 09:55 AM   #16
I can stand up in mine as well? i'm only 5'7'' though, its a six foot head space (I have a napier)

Also, the napier comes with a build in floor, i see yours doesn't have one.

It's all really personal preference I guess. I've had mine for almost 3 years now, and love it. No problems what-so-ever. I've gone on probably about 30-40 camping trips with it. Quality is great, easy set up and tear down. I can personally say its very easy to set up by yourself (most of the time I'm doing it by myself) but it is far quicker if you have 2 people.

Based on my experience, I know why the Napier is winning.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:21 AM   #17
You are right. It really is all personal preference. I'm sure both are highly well made. I liked having the floor covered. Its definately not small though, its very roomy inside. It also has a lot of storage areas build in as well. Though, I will say this, I like the window yours has at the front that looks into the truck. The Napier just has...im not even sure what to call it? Its like a sock hole...
Old 09-09-2010, 12:56 PM   #18
Yeah Im not entirely sure what it is...I use it as a trash can, it has an opening on the other end, I've also run wire to inside my cab through there, but am always afraid of leaving it like that in case it rains. I dont want water getting in the rear of my cab.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:35 PM   #19
whiskey101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiskey101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiskey101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiskey101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiskey101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiskey101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiskey101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiskey101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiskey101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiskey101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiskey101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Supply SGT
whiskey101's Tacoma Gallery
I have owned a Sports Tent and I can tell you that it was the best tent I have owned. I had one for my Chevy and I used it for years in Florida. I stayed in it through a tropical storm and NOT ONE DROP of water in the tent. I have owned a lot of tents and I don't think any of them would have performed as well as the sports tent. When I sold my chevy I gave the tent to a buddy and he is still using it. It has to be close to 7 years old now.

I plan to buy one for my Tacoma.