Notices

TRD Headers vs. DT headers? Warranty.

Old 09-09-2010, 09:58 AM   #1
rockyroad is on a distinguished road

rockyroad's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to rockyroad Send a message via Skype™ to rockyroad
TRD Headers vs. DT headers? Warranty.

I have lots of questions regarding the headers:

Do i loose my warranty if i have a 2009 Taco and mount DT headers instead of TRD's?

Whats the real difference between each set of headers? ( Price and Performance)
Old 09-09-2010, 07:08 PM   #2
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
Um, as far as I know the headers on the taco are all the same for the V6, it dosent matter if TRD or not. Also, TRD does not make a header for the 4.0L Last I checked.

This is from TRD USA, no headers for the 4.0L, just the 3.4L: http://trdusa.com/partscatalog.cfm?v...vehicle=tacoma
Old 09-09-2010, 07:13 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
There is no headers for the 2nd gen from TRD as said above. If you bolt in the long tubes you can possibly void your warranty since you are removing the front cats. The shorties from DT or JBA will not void warranty if done right. You can always get the long tubes and bolt on the stock stuff for warranty work.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:17 PM   #4
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
No:

There is no TRD Header. The DTLT's are awesome. They do not void warranty, but will not pass emissions/smog check depending on state you live in...

The only way a Mod can void warranty is if it is proven to be the primary cause of the known problem,,,

Enjoy