LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Wet Okole seat covers

Old 09-09-2010, 07:25 PM   #1
~AK49~
AlaskaTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlaskaTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlaskaTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlaskaTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlaskaTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlaskaTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlaskaTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlaskaTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlaskaTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlaskaTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlaskaTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shane
AlaskaTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Wet Okole seat covers

I'm am thinking about buying some wet okole seat covers for my 06 Tacoma, I guess they are the best ones you can get, I've herd some good reviews on them. I was just wondering what colors you guys used for you seat covers.

Post some pics!
Old 09-09-2010, 07:28 PM   #2
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
there is a group buy going on but i cant seem to get a pm back on pricing....
Old 09-09-2010, 07:28 PM   #3
monte1985 is a jewel in the roughmonte1985 is a jewel in the roughmonte1985 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Stan
monte1985's Tacoma Gallery
Heres my covers in my 09:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ers-today.html

And heres a thread on the cover and different covers :

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...s-reviews.html
Old 09-09-2010, 07:36 PM   #4
zebra1550 will become famous soon enoughzebra1550 will become famous soon enough

Army: Staff Sergeant, 95B, 530th MP BN
zebra1550's Tacoma Gallery
I ordered mine with the light gray centers to match my carpet. In retrospect, I would have gone with a charcoal colored center instead. This would have matched the upper part of the dash and doors perfectly, and would have been much easier to keep clean. However, to date, I haven't had any problems getting dirt off of the light gray.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:48 PM   #5
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Definitely try to get in on the group buy to save some. Mine are black with charcoal center and red TRD logo.

Old 09-09-2010, 07:50 PM   #6
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
The best match to the grey interior is Charcoal center (black outside). It's the closest match, I had them and they were awesome. Search around at any of the 50 threads and I have pics shown for my set, basically like the above (but my center console was installed correctly :P )

Totally worth the group buy price, typically 20% off. They're starting one now... though they're still waiting for the official go from Wet Okole. (also why you probably haven't got a PM, read the thread next time).

Old 09-10-2010, 01:46 AM   #7
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
I got black and I wouldn't go back. They hide stains such as oil, grease, coffee, etc. really well. They work great. I can see why there are so many positive reviews on these.

Old 09-10-2010, 05:59 AM   #9
doodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud of
doodle_cakes's Tacoma Gallery
Great covers plus they hold their value. I just sold my used front seat ones to my buddy for $320
Old 09-10-2010, 06:37 AM   #10
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
how old was it????^^^^
Old 09-10-2010, 06:57 AM   #11
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
i ordered OEM leather covers online for 300 shipped. these Wet Okoles seem like a rip off
Old 09-10-2010, 07:07 AM   #12
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NDT/QA
Name: Jimmy
jpmorrisvb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pudge151 View Post
i ordered OEM leather covers online for 300 shipped. these Wet Okoles seem like a rip off
I'm gonna sit back and watch this one unfold ........ .
Old 09-10-2010, 07:20 AM   #13
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmorrisvb View Post
I'm gonna sit back and watch this one unfold ........ .

im just saying. if you are like me and dont have to worry about jumping in the truck soaking wet there really is no need to spend $500+ on WO's. when you can get heated OEM leather for around that or even less, i doubt the WO will hold up as well or as long as leather. no doubt they look great and are obviously the best cover for these seats but kinda pricey IMO
Old 09-10-2010, 07:58 AM   #14
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pudge151 View Post
im just saying. if you are like me and dont have to worry about jumping in the truck soaking wet there really is no need to spend $500+ on WO's. when you can get heated OEM leather for around that or even less, i doubt the WO will hold up as well or as long as leather. no doubt they look great and are obviously the best cover for these seats but kinda pricey IMO
the Wet Okoles hold up great. I have never had them look even remotely like they were wearing out. Yeah, If you dont need the water proofing of the seats, there are cheaper alternatives out there, But, If you are in and out of the truck when dirty, muddy, wet, etc, there is no other cover that protects as well. Being a Dog owner, My dogs have gotten sick on them, and one pee'ed. they clean up just like new, and hold no oder. Also, when boating, while everyone else is trying to dry off after a tripo, so as to not get their seats wet, I can flop down and go. Same when it rains, or whatever. And like mentioned, they hold their value VERY well. My set with over 100k miles of my ass in them, sold for $200 in one day, just for the fronts.
Old 09-20-2010, 06:08 PM   #15
~AK49~
AlaskaTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlaskaTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlaskaTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlaskaTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlaskaTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlaskaTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlaskaTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlaskaTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlaskaTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlaskaTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlaskaTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shane
AlaskaTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capita View Post
I got black and I wouldn't go back. They hide stains such as oil, grease, coffee, etc. really well. They work great. I can see why there are so many positive reviews on these.

I like these^^^
Old 09-20-2010, 06:14 PM   #16
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
the Wet Okoles hold up great. I have never had them look even remotely like they were wearing out. Yeah, If you dont need the water proofing of the seats, there are cheaper alternatives out there, But, If you are in and out of the truck when dirty, muddy, wet, etc, there is no other cover that protects as well. Being a Dog owner, My dogs have gotten sick on them, and one pee'ed. they clean up just like new, and hold no oder. Also, when boating, while everyone else is trying to dry off after a tripo, so as to not get their seats wet, I can flop down and go. Same when it rains, or whatever. And like mentioned, they hold their value VERY well. My set with over 100k miles of my ass in them, sold for $200 in one day, just for the fronts.
This.

Also, I'd bet 10:1 that the neoprene will hold up longer under normal circumstances than leather. I only speak from experience of course (G35 black leather interior vs my 08 Taco).
Old 09-21-2010, 01:41 AM   #18
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaTacoma View Post
I like these^^^

Thanks man!
Old 09-21-2010, 02:05 AM   #19
Leadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Leadgolem's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouto42 View Post
Also, I'd bet 10:1 that the neoprene will hold up longer under normal circumstances than leather. I only speak from experience of course (G35 black leather interior vs my 08 Taco).
A distinction that should be made here is that "leather" seats these days are a very thin piece of leather with a vinyl top coating. That's what "upholstery leather" is. A decent weight of split grain leather without the vinyl will last literally hundreds of years. As long as it's properly maintained.

That being said, I'm buying the wo's for my truck as they will probably last longer then the rest of the truck and the water proofing is a very nice feature.

The materials for an equivalent set of real leather covers would cost somewhere between 700-900 for 1 row only, depending on how fancy you wanted to get. I do my own leather work and thought about doing this instead, not really worth the effort and money though.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:01 AM   #20
vettenut2 is on a distinguished road
vettenut2's Tacoma Gallery
TRD LOGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtav2002 View Post
Definitely try to get in on the group buy to save some. Mine are black with charcoal center and red TRD logo.
I haven't been able to find out how to order the seat covers with the red TRD logo. Does anyone know how or where this is done?
Ladd

Products Discussed in this Thread