1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

question about steering wheel

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by danmckennat, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Sep 10, 2010 at 7:01 PM
    danmckennat

danmckennat [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    chardon, ohio
    Vehicle:
    2009 tacoma access cab offroad package
    i just had the tsb done for the steering shaft in my 09 tacoma. now i am noticing that the steering wheel is slightly off center to the right. How would i get this fixed? Would an alignment help? or do i have to loosen the bolts on the new shaft and rotate a few teeth over?

2. Sep 10, 2010 at 7:07 PM
    PA452

PA452 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western PA
    Vehicle:
    15 Access TRD Offroad, V6, 5spd Auto, 4x4
    I just took mine in for an alignment. The steering had been feeling a bit squirrelly. It also was pulling slightly to the right and the wheel was off center to go straight also.

After the alignment, the steering is a bit less squirrelly, but the wheel is still slightly off center and it is still pulling to the right some.

3. Sep 10, 2010 at 7:09 PM
    Gabex35

Gabex35 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gabe
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra Limited 4x4 Crewmax
    i have the same thing except to the left. truck drives straight but the steering wheel is off. tech jut half assed the steering wheel IMHO. My non-dealer alignment guy is magic. i'm gonna get the whole thing squared away when i get my lift on.

4. Sep 10, 2010 at 7:16 PM
    danmckennat

danmckennat [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    chardon, ohio
    Vehicle:
    2009 tacoma access cab offroad package
    yea my truck drives perfectly straight just the wheel is off center, drives me nuts

5. Sep 11, 2010 at 5:32 AM
    fjm0008

fjm0008 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack
    Annapolis
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 LB White
    Sirius Starmate and ipod integration w/Pay15 Toy USA Spec, Hardwired Radar Detector and GPS, DRL Mod,Tailgate Anti Theft mod, Hi Lift Jack, CB Radio, Back up sensors, Front 30% tint, Leer 100R Cap, Weathertech, Under hood light and 12V outlet, D Rings, N-FAB Step Bars, Bed Mat, Yakima Bike Rack, OEM Roof Rack
    Mine was slightly off also, I adjusted it myself. Both left and right tie rods need a minor tweak, one moved in, the other out. It is important to adjust them exactly the same so the alignment is not affected. Mark the nut and tie rod with a marker. Mine only took 1/4 turn to get it centered. Took about 10 minutes to do, test drive, and it is done.

Products Discussed in

To Top