Notices

Looking for the best toolbox "black"

Old 09-10-2010, 09:12 PM   #1
Greenthumb is on a distinguished road

Greenthumb's Tacoma Gallery
Looking for the best toolbox "black"

Pics and suggestions???
Old 09-10-2010, 09:17 PM   #2
zzchipster is one of the sharper tools in the shedzzchipster is one of the sharper tools in the shedzzchipster is one of the sharper tools in the shedzzchipster is one of the sharper tools in the shedzzchipster is one of the sharper tools in the shedzzchipster is one of the sharper tools in the shedzzchipster is one of the sharper tools in the shedzzchipster is one of the sharper tools in the shedzzchipster is one of the sharper tools in the shedzzchipster is one of the sharper tools in the shedzzchipster is one of the sharper tools in the shed
zzchipster's Tacoma Gallery
weather guard...aluminum...black..as good as any...i have 3 boxes on my taco..doesnt leave much room in back, but i need all those tools...had same setup on my gen 1 tundra and just couldnt give up all that storage space...
Old 09-11-2010, 05:18 AM   #3
fjm0008 has a spectacular aura aboutfjm0008 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Jack
fjm0008's Tacoma Gallery
UWS

I have a UWS box, black, it has been great also. Very solid, no leaks, latches work every time. It fits the Gen 2 the best out of all off the boxes I researched. I found mine on Amazon.com.
Old 09-11-2010, 06:32 AM   #4
VermonterLost has much to be proud ofVermonterLost has much to be proud ofVermonterLost has much to be proud ofVermonterLost has much to be proud ofVermonterLost has much to be proud ofVermonterLost has much to be proud ofVermonterLost has much to be proud ofVermonterLost has much to be proud ofVermonterLost has much to be proud ofVermonterLost has much to be proud of
Name: Devin
VermonterLost's Tacoma Gallery
I have the same UWS box as fjm0008 and got it on Amazon. He's right, great box, looks awesome, and was at my house in like 3 days. Does fit real nice.
Old 09-11-2010, 07:04 AM   #5
I'd rather be hunting!
huntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
huntark03's Tacoma Gallery
If you can find one that doesn't turn all your tools grey I would go with that one!!! But as long as they are aluminum...I think you are SOL!?
Old 09-11-2010, 08:59 PM   #6
Greenthumb is on a distinguished road

Greenthumb's Tacoma Gallery
Uws... Seems to be the crowd favorite... It was my first choice and unanimously chosen by the members... I'm sold!!!
Old 03-04-2013, 06:47 PM   #7
SwampTaco is on a distinguished road

SwampTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I know this is an older thread, but idk where else to ask... whats the best way to mount a chest style toolbox to the bed of the tacoma? I'd hate to drill a bolt hole into something such as the gas tank!
Old 03-04-2013, 07:59 PM   #8
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampTaco View Post
I know this is an older thread, but idk where else to ask... whats the best way to mount a chest style toolbox to the bed of the tacoma? I'd hate to drill a bolt hole into something such as the gas tank!
Ask TAC1 via PM...he has one...he wheels pretty hard sometimes and it seems to really stay in place...

I have the crossover style and used the bed rails....
Old 03-05-2013, 03:02 AM   #9
MPToyo17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMPToyo17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMPToyo17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMPToyo17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMPToyo17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMPToyo17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMPToyo17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMPToyo17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMPToyo17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMPToyo17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMPToyo17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
MPToyo17's Tacoma Gallery
I fastened mine to the front wall.
Looking for the best toolbox "black"-imageuploadedbytapatalk-hd1362481328.526363.jpg
Old 03-05-2013, 07:01 AM   #10
SwampTaco is on a distinguished road

SwampTaco's Tacoma Gallery
thanks guys. also does anyone know anything about wiring a light into the box? Just for convenience at night
Old 03-05-2013, 07:04 AM   #11
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPToyo17 View Post
Attachment 199163
Thats what I'm currently thinking about buying, how did you secure it to the back wall of the bed?
Old 03-05-2013, 07:04 AM   #12
friction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shed

friction's Tacoma Gallery
I just drilled the UWS LoPro right into the bed. The holes are hardly noticeable.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:20 AM   #13
Interweb wheeler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampTaco View Post
thanks guys. also does anyone know anything about wiring a light into the box? Just for convenience at night
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...light-led.html

I want to do this to mine soon. Like a couple above, I have the Lo Pro UWS and love it! I made J hooks out of eye bolts but I'm gonna drill the bed rails and bolt it in cause it slides around a little right now
Old 03-05-2013, 07:22 AM   #14
undecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Adam
undecided's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Attachment 199163
is that the 42" box? I was planning on buying one about a month ago and I decided to wait just a bit longer. How do you like it?
Old 03-05-2013, 07:22 AM   #15
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I would like to see some more pictures and options people have.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:42 PM   #16
MPToyo17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMPToyo17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMPToyo17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMPToyo17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMPToyo17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMPToyo17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMPToyo17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMPToyo17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMPToyo17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMPToyo17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMPToyo17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
MPToyo17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by undecided View Post
is that the 42" box? I was planning on buying one about a month ago and I decided to wait just a bit longer. How do you like it?
Yes 42", I love it. Can put a 5 gal bucket in it, I've had since the truck was new, '05, it has faded a bit but not too bad. I don't carry long items too often so the loss of length in the bed doesn't bother me.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:45 PM   #17
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Attachment 199163
... ^^^ ... That is my favorite style of tool box (tool chest) ... good choice ...
Old 03-05-2013, 07:48 PM   #18
Road rage is a hobby
Oowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS:
Name: Owen
Oowen's Tacoma Gallery
If you want the best, get highway products
http://www.800toolbox.com/saddle/saddle_box.htm
My father and I both run them.
They can be custom built to your spec
Old 03-13-2013, 03:37 PM   #19
Usmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to behold

Marines:
Name: Jovani
Usmcsantosj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oowen View Post
If you want the best, get highway products
http://www.800toolbox.com/saddle/saddle_box.htm
My father and I both run them.
They can be custom built to your spec
Thanks for the link. I really like their Lo Pro Gladiator.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:24 PM   #20
IOPiece Chicken is on a distinguished road

Name: jesse
IOPiece Chicken's Tacoma Gallery
Can some one post a pic on of the side of the truck i am thinking of investing in a low profile uws box and was curious to see the look