Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Taco lean.....

Old 09-11-2010, 05:49 PM   #1
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
Taco lean.....

mine is....indeed leaning towards the driver's side....it showed up two days after my 5100 install.....my question is.....because i took it to get aligned 30 minutes after i installed the billie's "NO Lean" has my alignment now been affected after the "lean" arrised? By the way the lean dont bother me at all....unless of course the alignment went out....just real particular about shit that's all thanks
Old 09-11-2010, 05:52 PM   #2
just cant leave anything stock !
Call0043 is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
Call0043's Tacoma Gallery
mine has the lean also on stock suspension had the lean both before and after the rear spring TSB
Old 09-11-2010, 06:00 PM   #3
jakoons86 is a glorious beacon of lightjakoons86 is a glorious beacon of lightjakoons86 is a glorious beacon of lightjakoons86 is a glorious beacon of lightjakoons86 is a glorious beacon of lightjakoons86 is a glorious beacon of light
Name: jason
jakoons86's Tacoma Gallery
mine was leaning to the driverside then when lifted it started leaning to the passenger side very weird
Old 09-11-2010, 06:01 PM   #4
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Mine lean towards the pass side
Old 09-11-2010, 06:11 PM   #5
mike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
mike686's Tacoma Gallery
it sounds like it just settled a little bit after having a load finally put onto the shocks, if they are adjustable you can just adjust them to being even, i wouldnt think it would affect your alignment very much, minimal at best, most of the alignment is from the UCA unless im wrong but i had a lean on the driver side and all i did was just adjust the coilover up higher, hope this helps
Old 10-30-2010, 05:44 PM   #6
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

crf69's Tacoma Gallery
so you have one side adjusted on the 5100 higher than the other? ehh ehh i ain't doin it
Old 11-01-2010, 07:09 AM   #7
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!
Bama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bama_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
I measured mine before I installed the 5100s and my passenger side was 1" higher than the driver's side. I installed the 5100s and put a 1/4" spacer on the driver's side and now there is only 1/4" difference, but isn't noticeable with the naked eye.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:37 AM   #8
Range 44 has a spectacular aura aboutRange 44 has a spectacular aura about

Range 44's Tacoma Gallery
I think the gas tank is on that side, the difference prob varies?
Old 11-01-2010, 07:42 AM   #9

crf69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama_TACO View Post
I measured mine before I installed the 5100s and my passenger side was 1" higher than the driver's side. I installed the 5100s and put a 1/4" spacer on the driver's side and now there is only 1/4" difference, but isn't noticeable with the naked eye.
mine is very visible...i dig it really
Old 09-17-2011, 12:02 PM   #10
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
I was so aggravated at my lean. I got the 1/4 spacer for the front and it solved that, but the rear still sagged on one side thus sending the passenger side up. So I had bro lean on the drivers side and a slight rake on the passenger side.

I ended up spending 8 dollars and added two sand bags to my passenger side. Put them in two trash bags and bungee corded them to the side of the bed. It's all under the cover and even with the cover up it's hardly noticeable. Truck sits perfectly level in the front and rear now.

Now I've essiently got the weight of two gas tanks in the rear. I'm level though, so I don't care.
Old 09-17-2011, 12:17 PM   #11
Glamour Shot
ajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
ajohnson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike686 View Post
it sounds like it just settled a little bit after having a load finally put onto the shocks, if they are adjustable you can just adjust them to being even, i wouldnt think it would affect your alignment very much, minimal at best, most of the alignment is from the UCA unless im wrong but i had a lean on the driver side and all i did was just adjust the coilover up higher, hope this helps
Quote:
Originally Posted by crf69 View Post
so you have one side adjusted on the 5100 higher than the other? ehh ehh i ain't doin it
He is talking about a coilover with a threaded collar, like this: