Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

chrome mirrors

Old 09-12-2010, 03:50 PM   #1
Banned
raswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rick
raswank's Tacoma Gallery
chrome mirrors

Do they make oem chrome mirrors for our trucks? If someone has them and wants to trade them for my Barcelona red TRD Sport mirrors I am in.
Old 09-12-2010, 03:51 PM   #2
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
maybe chrome covers for the stock mirror
Old 09-12-2010, 03:57 PM   #3
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NDT/QA
Name: Jimmy
jpmorrisvb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by raswank View Post
Do they make oem chrome mirrors for our trucks? If someone has them and wants to trade them for my Barcelona red TRD Sport mirrors I am in.

I'll trade you my black for your Barcelona Red and you can buy the covers for them.

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/de...P45402022.html
Old 09-12-2010, 04:16 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Oh god...please don't....
Old 09-12-2010, 04:35 PM   #5
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Oh god...please don't....
That's some funny shit. I was thinking the same.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:27 PM   #6
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
http://www.southparkstudios.com/clip...0/?tag=Cartman
Old 09-12-2010, 06:22 PM   #7
BGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to all
Name: Baron
BGrutter's Tacoma Gallery
The chrome covers are pretty cheap, but I just can't imagine voluntarily going from your color-matched mirrors to Hoakie looking Chrome Mirrors. You have ANY idea how many of us non-sport owners want color matched mirrors? Not that I'd trade my OR for a Sport, but I certainly like the color-match.
Old 09-12-2010, 07:27 PM   #10
BGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelfan_08 View Post
I got chrome covers on mine..
Crimeny! I wish I could have just traded you. So sad
Old 09-12-2010, 08:39 PM   #11
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelfan_08 View Post
I got chrome covers on mine..
Have fun blinding the hell out of people with that.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:46 PM   #12
Carolina Alliance
tarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
tarheelfan_08's Tacoma Gallery
There problem, not mine! As for me..it looks good as hell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouto42 View Post
Old 09-13-2010, 06:02 AM   #13
Banned
raswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rick
raswank's Tacoma Gallery
Don't you just love it, when you get bashed for putting something on you like? Look at all the trucks on here with all the ugly black wheels, and those stupid eye lash type things on their headlights. The truck looks good, post some new pictures with all the add ons. Then watch how you get dogged for the chrome bull bar.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:15 AM   #14
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
OP: Ebay has cheap chrome mirror covers. I bought them, sanded and painted white.

Just be aware that they don't cover the entire mirror...the flat part of the housing closest to the body of the truck is left uncovered. You can only see the uncovered version from inside the truck. You can see a few shots of the covers at different angles in my build thread/gallery to decide if that's the route you want to go.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:23 AM   #15

Quote:
Don't you just love it, when you get bashed for putting something on you like? Look at all the trucks on here with all the ugly black wheels, and those stupid eye lash type things on their headlights. The truck looks good, post some new pictures with all the add ons. Then watch how you get dogged for the chrome bull bar.
I agree ..... at times I have posted pictures of this and that and you might think that I raped their wifes and daughters ..... if you want chrome ... get chrome.

But ..... I replaced the black door handles with color matched and painted the tailgate handle ..... painted the fog light inserts to match the red bumper .... I would love the Barcelona Red mirrors ... I'm just saying.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:58 AM   #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
OP: Ebay has cheap chrome mirror covers. I bought them, sanded and painted white.

Just be aware that they don't cover the entire mirror...the flat part of the housing closest to the body of the truck is left uncovered. You can only see the uncovered version from inside the truck. You can see a few shots of the covers at different angles in my build thread/gallery to decide if that's the route you want to go.
Question for you, do you think I could take them off and get them back on without them being ruined? They appear to be stickied on. I tried removing one, but found it to be stretcuing the adhesive. Perhaps I could remove tuem and just replace with something similar? If so, what might you suggest? That way I can pick up the sand paper, paint, clear coat, and adhesive all together.

Quote:
Very true. I didn't mean to bash what he felt would be a good look. If he likes it, by all means. That is after all why they have so many color options. I'm sure you can find a FEW people that think the bright blue (can't remember the technical name) is hideous. On the other hand, I quite like it and certainly wouldn't take their criticisms to deter me from getting it if I so chose.

I believe getting the Chrome covers would definitely be the wisest decision. That way, they could be removed if need for resale. They also look pretty good. When I first looked at them, i thought they were the actual handles and mirror. just when you look close will you notice.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:00 AM   #17
Carolina Alliance
tarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
tarheelfan_08's Tacoma Gallery
I like the chrome on my truck! Best part is, if I get tired I can take it all off and go a different route!
Old 09-13-2010, 08:18 AM   #18
VanCity Taco.
ilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to behold

ilg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouto42 View Post
How do you figure having chrome mirror covers would blind anyone?
Old 09-13-2010, 10:37 AM   #19
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGrutter View Post
Question for you, do you think I could take them off and get them back on without them being ruined? They appear to be stickied on. I tried removing one, but found it to be stretcuing the adhesive. Perhaps I could remove tuem and just replace with something similar? If so, what might you suggest? That way I can pick up the sand paper, paint, clear coat, and adhesive all together.

Yeah I removed one of them because I didn't have it bonded very well. It ruined the tape, so I just added some 3M automotive mounting tape to them and they've been fine for a year.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:34 AM   #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Yeah I removed one of them because I didn't have it bonded very well. It ruined the tape, so I just added some 3M automotive mounting tape to them and they've been fine for a year.
What paint, clear coat, and grit of sand paper did you use?