Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Garmin 60CSx Install in 05+ Tacoma

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-25-2011, 04:53 PM   #22
MGRS is on a distinguished road
Army:
MGRS's Tacoma Gallery
Good work. Your mods are always thoughtful and well executed.

I am about to copy this with my Vista Hcx.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:55 PM   #23
barlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
barlowrs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crom View Post
Hey Robert, how is your mount holding up?
Still holding up great. No issues at all.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:23 PM   #24
Shaggy is a splendid one to beholdShaggy is a splendid one to beholdShaggy is a splendid one to beholdShaggy is a splendid one to beholdShaggy is a splendid one to beholdShaggy is a splendid one to beholdShaggy is a splendid one to behold

Shaggy's Tacoma Gallery
I know I am reviving a very old thread but today I finally got around to doing it (THANK YOU ROBERT!). Instead of gluing the factory bolt into the ball mount I had a machine shop make a custom insert with the correct size and threads on each end. Cost me $50 bucks for the custom work but it is perfect and I had the guy make sure he kept measurements in case I needed more. I have a Garmin 3590 so I also had to buy a couple of different Ram Mount parts to make it work right. If anyone is interested in the parts list PM me.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:53 AM   #25
...and we're back!
Benson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
Benson X's Tacoma Gallery
got a 60CSx w/ RAM mounts + extras (maps, power leads, cables) on eBay for a steal.

Mounted it similar to Robert's way, but used the RAM-B-367u mount (since it has a hole through it) with a M6 x 50mm bolt and some washers. I used the 2" arm, and seem to have pretty good range of movement, and it definitely doesn't get in the way.

Here's a comparison shot of the shorter ball I used vs. the OP's

MINE

OP's

Old 11-16-2013, 12:15 AM   #26
Washington State University
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0352
Name: Mark
SeattleCoug's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd

Gonna do this with my 1st Gen here shortly

Products Discussed in this Thread