Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Sad Day..

Old 09-15-2010, 07:36 PM   #1
silverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
silverback's Tacoma Gallery
Sad Day..

Well boys I might have to sale my truck. Going through a divorce and I have both the truck and a Mazda CX7 awd. I tried diligently to sale the CX7 but even being 1500 less than KBB no takers. I took it to Carmax and they wanted to rape me on it. I owe 21k and they offered 15.

I know I can sale the truck. I owe 11500 and its been appraised for 12k with the new tires, 17inch fjcruiser wheels , 5100 shocks and little other things. I just cant bring myself to do it. Another thing that sucks is the truck payment is 265 vs 463 so another 200 to budget for...

Truck--- 2006 pre-runner reg cab sr5 different now, then in the pic 63k miles.
Crossover---- 2007 CX7 grand touring AWD 26kmiles
Old 09-15-2010, 07:47 PM   #2
jdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jdtemple's Tacoma Gallery
wonder if you could trade both of them in towards a new Tacoma.... or trade in the cx7 for a new truck, and sell old one

good luck!
Old 09-15-2010, 08:12 PM   #4
wht09taco will become famous soon enoughwht09taco will become famous soon enough
Name: James
wht09taco's Tacoma Gallery
Whos name is on the mazda loan....... Evil Laugh.......

Notes for the Future
1. Truck in your name
2. Suv in her name
3. pay off truck 1st
Old 09-15-2010, 08:13 PM   #5
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wht09taco View Post
Whos name is on the mazda loan....... Evil Laugh.......

Notes for the Future
1. Truck in your name
2. Suv in her name
3. pay off truck 1st
Old 09-15-2010, 09:14 PM   #6
Don't really understand 2WD trucks....
4X42HEL is a name known to all4X42HEL is a name known to all4X42HEL is a name known to all4X42HEL is a name known to all4X42HEL is a name known to all4X42HEL is a name known to all

4X42HEL's Tacoma Gallery
That stinks man. Is there anyway to make a deal with her and get her to keep the car? I mean, I can't imagine you had the truck and the Mazda during your marriage, both for yourself? I'm sure she drove one or the other. Try to get her to keep the Mazda, see if she will take.

It sucks that you are that bad upside down... Unless you over-paid by a long shot in the beginning, that is a tell-tale sign not to ever shop Mazda because of depreciation.

One thing to think about is this.. perhaps you can sell the truck or trade it in... but then trade the Mazda in for a new 2010 taco? I know they are pretty desperate to get them off the lot, and maybe you can get better than 15K for it? Try to get 18 - 19K? Sounds far fetched, but if they want to move their units, they may bite. And an extra 2K is more easily absorbed in a new payment... like $35-40 more...

Good luck.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:10 AM   #7
silverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X42HEL View Post
That stinks man. Is there anyway to make a deal with her and get her to keep the car? I mean, I can't imagine you had the truck and the Mazda during your marriage, both for yourself? I'm sure she drove one or the other. Try to get her to keep the Mazda, see if she will take.

It sucks that you are that bad upside down... Unless you over-paid by a long shot in the beginning, that is a tell-tale sign not to ever shop Mazda because of depreciation.

One thing to think about is this.. perhaps you can sell the truck or trade it in... but then trade the Mazda in for a new 2010 taco? I know they are pretty desperate to get them off the lot, and maybe you can get better than 15K for it? Try to get 18 - 19K? Sounds far fetched, but if they want to move their units, they may bite. And an extra 2K is more easily absorbed in a new payment... like $35-40 more...

Good luck.

I guess what I could do is take the cx7 to the dealer and act like i want trade it in and get their offer and see if carmax will match it, or like u said see if they will lessen the difference and trade up. but being upside down what ever amount If everything together is not less than $463 might as well keep the loaded low mileage cx7. It is turbocharged thats one positive. Moves pretty good.

Ill post some pics of the truck and you guys tell me what u think I can get for it.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:12 AM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysfunctnlretard View Post
Well I completely agree with getting the car in her name but her credit was not good enough. So number #4 would be... make sure the bitch has good credit first. lol
Old 09-16-2010, 09:14 AM   #9
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
man i'm sorry to here that,how much you askin?
Old 09-16-2010, 09:40 AM   #10
Danosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Danosabre's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck man, I would try and trade em both in for a new one. If you sell either one expect her to take half.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:57 AM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGM View Post
man i'm sorry to here that,how much you askin?

KBB private party says its worth 19.5k, I was asking 18k, Now after carmaxs rape i guess id take 17k. Thing still smells bran new.

And technically we are still married ( havent filed yet) so I can do whatever I want with the cars according to a lawyer. Once I file everything freezes.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:11 AM   #12
Don't really understand 2WD trucks....
4X42HEL is a name known to all4X42HEL is a name known to all4X42HEL is a name known to all4X42HEL is a name known to all4X42HEL is a name known to all4X42HEL is a name known to all

4X42HEL's Tacoma Gallery
Grrr...

Divorce is the worst man. You know, at the end it doesn't even matter what the hell happens as long as your emotionally happy.

Sheesh. Is there no way to get her to "own" half the debt? You don't seem to be giving too much info on your agreement with her, and I can understand.

Cars come and go and ultimately always depreciate (less classics etc).

Seems like you are going to lose out either way. I would personally make my decision based on a balance of two things: Which car will i enjoy the most for the least amount of over-head...

That is basically my thinking when I traded in my one-year-old Scion... Carmax offered me peanuts, like $4K under KBB TRADE IN

So just made 3 jumbo payments back to back, and that got me to what I expected the dealer to offer me, which they did, and I worked the number down on the taco, and decided it was worth the money to drive what I want... for which I could afford.

Not to ramble on, but if it makes more financial sense to keep the Mazda, maybe you should do so for a year or two and come back to Taco Land at a different point in your life.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:15 PM   #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk8272 View Post
No matter what you can still hang out with us.

Right On! you guys are alright i tell ya...
Old 09-16-2010, 06:23 PM   #15
oneshot808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneshot808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneshot808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneshot808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneshot808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneshot808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneshot808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneshot808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneshot808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneshot808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneshot808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

oneshot808's Tacoma Gallery
I know how you feel man, hang in there... I lost my 98' taco to my ex also.... with my dog along with it.

Try and stay positive...most important
Old 09-16-2010, 09:28 PM   #16
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
I feel for you, bro. I'm going through it myself except my main concern is my almost 2 year old daughter. All I can tell you is, stuff doesn't mean shit because you can always get more stuff down the road. Have to think about yourself first now (assuming there's no child) and what's best for you.

And your lawyer's right, get rid of what you need to NOW.
Old 09-17-2010, 06:53 AM   #17
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NDT/QA
Name: Jimmy
jpmorrisvb's Tacoma Gallery
How are women and hurricanes alike?

The come in wet and wild and leave taking the house and car with them .......
Old 09-17-2010, 07:29 AM   #18
I'm Not Your F***ing Brother
Paul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Paul's TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Keep the truck and let them repo the mazda. Your credit is going to suck azz after the divorce anyways. Better keep something that you really like than having to deal with buying it again with worse credit and higher interest rates. Just my honest opinion.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:39 AM   #19
I smell corn
kilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gophuk Yousef
kilted1117's Tacoma Gallery
Ah shit! I know how you feel! I just went through the same thing, sort of. Both our trucks were paid off and she kept her Fronteir (hehehe, POS!) and I got my Tacoma. Problem was she went and filed for bankruptcy before we filed for the divorce leaving me with all the debt and forcing me to file bankruptcy in order to survive. I make too much money so my lawyer told me to get some monthly payments and suggested a new vehicle. Traded my '01 Tacoma w/170k ($5500 from Carmax) on it for an '08 FJ with 25k ($20k OTD) on it. I miss the shit out my truck but the FJ ROCKS!
Old 09-17-2010, 07:39 AM   #20
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Hurry, "give" the truck to a friend and transfer the title over into his name then it's no part of the divorce and since you made no money off it there's nothing to split. My old truck was still in my buddy's name that I bought it from when I got divorced so I just left it that way until the divorce was final. She couldn't have it and she couldn't make me sell it and split money either, was some rich fuckin shit. I actually made money off her filing for divorce. 2nd best thing that ever happened to me-kids were 1st best. I got to quit one of the jobs I had and only had to give out 28% of what I was makin and got to keep the rest AND!!!!!!!!!!! she had to get off her dead ass and go out and scratch out a living! Nothing like having a sucubus host organism for your offspring for a "wife" vs. having a partner, soul mate & best friend. Everybody should go out & NOT do it. Good luck & leave your "feelings" out of the divorce & overspend on your lawyer is my advice.