Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Flowmaster exhaust

Old 09-17-2010, 08:13 PM   #1
jaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jared
jaw154's Tacoma Gallery
Flowmaster exhaust

I just saw some clips on youtube who have flowmaster exhaust on there V6 Tacoma's and i was suprised they sounded good. I was gonna get the TRD exhaust next month but now i dont know. haha
anybody like there TRD exhaust?
Old 09-17-2010, 08:14 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I personally think the TRD exhaust sounds the best Im really happy with mine.
Old 09-17-2010, 08:15 PM   #3
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
i like mine,its got a low growl.the flow is just to loud for me.
Old 09-17-2010, 08:43 PM   #4
Bobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant future

Army: C Co, 2nd Bat 75th Inf
Name: Bobo
Bobo_1's Tacoma Gallery
I spent a ton of time on researching this. I went with Flowmasters American Thunder. They have great sound clips in and out of the cab, drive by etc. I am really happy with it and it was way cheaper than TRD. I find TRD to be way over priced. I have been through over twenty exhausts on my bikes and trans am. So, I have some vague idea of what I am doing. Regardless, it is all about preference and what you are after. I want some performance boost and great sound and I got them both.

It is not loud at all IMO. The flowmaster could be louder. If you go just muffler make sure you get a 50 series which flowmaster says is designed for the v6 like the Tacoma.
Old 09-18-2010, 12:01 AM   #5
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Flowmaster and couldnt be happier. Lower revs it growls real nice, then as the revs build the sound of my supercharger overpowers the exhaust. Best of both worlds. Suprisingly the noise from both isnt as bad in the cab as I thought would be. Plus they drown out the sound of my STT Coopers so that is another good plus.

I love the Magnaflow BTW.
Old 09-18-2010, 12:09 AM   #6
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
what about 4 cylinder
Old 09-18-2010, 12:31 AM   #7
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
I cant imagine it would sound good on the IL4. Your getting into that raspy tinny ricer sound at that point. I cant imagine it doing much for power or milage either. I am probably wrong though.
Old 09-18-2010, 01:55 AM   #8
TACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
TACOMA TRD's Tacoma Gallery
In my previous vehicles.... 01 Dakota 4.7 V8 I had the flowmaster 40's duals. My Hemi Ram had the Gibson series ( not sure which model) but I thought it would be a waste of money on the taco because i thought it was impossible to replicate the sound of a V-8 with a V-6.

I switched to Toyota to save on fuel, but sure miss the sound of the above vehicles. I often thought about putting a system on my Tacoma, but dont want it to sound like a wet fart going down the road. I would love to hear a few that do have them on. You Tube...just does'nt get it done for sound quality. I heard other 6 bangers around my area V-6 S-10's & V-6 dakotas that had flowmasters, and thought they sounded terrible.
Old 09-19-2010, 06:14 AM   #9
Bobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant future

Army: C Co, 2nd Bat 75th Inf
Name: Bobo
Bobo_1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOMA TRD View Post
In my previous vehicles.... 01 Dakota 4.7 V8 I had the flowmaster 40's duals. My Hemi Ram had the Gibson series ( not sure which model) but I thought it would be a waste of money on the taco because i thought it was impossible to replicate the sound of a V-8 with a V-6.

I switched to Toyota to save on fuel, but sure miss the sound of the above vehicles. I often thought about putting a system on my Tacoma, but dont want it to sound like a wet fart going down the road. I would love to hear a few that do have them on. You Tube...just does'nt get it done for sound quality. I heard other 6 bangers around my area V-6 S-10's & V-6 dakotas that had flowmasters, and thought they sounded terrible.
According to Flowmaster the 40s are for v8s and the 50s for v6. Go to http://flowmastertv.com/video_detail.php?mId=13169 to watch a video and hear differents sounds like outside, inside cab, etc

Believe me, if my flowmaster sounded like a fart pipe it would not still be on my truck.
Old 09-19-2010, 06:39 AM   #10
brians05taco is a jewel in the roughbrians05taco is a jewel in the roughbrians05taco is a jewel in the roughbrians05taco is a jewel in the rough

Name: Brian
brians05taco's Tacoma Gallery
i have the flowmaster 50 and its perfect not to loud but noticable..
Old 09-23-2010, 02:48 PM   #11
tdubd is on a distinguished road
tdubd's Tacoma Gallery
I welded a flowmaster 40 series on my truck a couple months ago. Almost welded a 2nd one on and ran duals because I have another one but I am perfectly happen with just the one. I definitely recommend it! I still have the other one for sale haha $75, and an extra tip. I used the stock tip....