LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bed rails attachments.

Old 03-26-2013, 09:29 PM   #221
MikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
MikeCB600F's Tacoma Gallery
I thought about making and selling them. I can put one together for less than $6. Shipping costs would not be worth it for a small order.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:45 PM   #222
zackbremer is on a distinguished road
zackbremer's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd
Old 03-27-2013, 05:08 AM   #223
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCB600F View Post
I thought about making and selling them. I can put one together for less than $6. Shipping costs would not be worth it for a small order.
I could ship them out through my companies Fedex account. About $5-$6 dollars any where in the continental US. I think I am going to make some brackets also. Or I'll just make some for myself and tell people how to do it.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:57 AM   #224
Ds2199 is on a distinguished road
Ds2199's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd
Old 05-29-2013, 12:21 PM   #226
rmcelwee is on a distinguished road
rmcelwee's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd
Old 06-05-2013, 08:25 AM   #227
xjoex is on a distinguished road
Name: Joe
xjoex's Tacoma Gallery
My local fastenal did not have the t-nuts in stock, neither did the hardware store. But Rockymounts is local and had these in stock:

Nice thing, you don't have to take the existing cleats out to put them in, they can fit in if you angle them through the bed rails.

I bought conduit clamps, put wing nuts on them and sprayed them with plasti dip.

I put a washer between the rail and the conduit clamp just for extra room, I sprayed those with plasti dip too.

Works like a champ and clears the cap. Plus the plasti dip keeps the shovel from rattling.

-Joe
Old 06-11-2013, 10:45 PM   #229
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
made my own slot nuts.

and Teflon spacers.

Old 06-12-2013, 07:48 AM   #232
Seer will become famous soon enoughSeer will become famous soon enough
Name: Tom
Seer's Tacoma Gallery
Me too.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:04 PM   #234
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks
you should see the trailer harness relocate bracket in my gallery
Old 06-30-2013, 10:30 PM   #235
The "Wet" Coast
pjo is on a distinguished road

pjo's Tacoma Gallery
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullaculla View Post
made my own slot nuts.

and Teflon spacers.
Those look damn good!
What did you make those out of those? The ones I got from Fastnel (black ones) are starting to rust...
Old 06-30-2013, 10:49 PM   #236
Dogs & cats, living together! Mass hysteria!
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjo View Post
Those look damn good!
What did you make those out of those? The ones I got from Fastnel (black ones) are starting to rust...
Inconel 625, with EDM threads. That's what all the cool kids use these days.

You might email these guys and ask where they source their aluminum T-nuts; I doubt they make them in-house They aren't quite as pretty as our friend's, but they'll work fine. Just make sure you use anti-seize compound or something similar to keep the threads of a non-aluminum bolt from corroding with the T.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:22 PM   #237

LOL, mine are aluminum.
Somebody told me that McMaster has stainless slot nuts that work for with rail system.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:52 PM   #238
Daveo is on a distinguished road
Daveo's Tacoma Gallery
Any chance you'd do a run of aluminum t-nuts with the appropriate metric thread? I can't be messing around with this inch crap.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:26 PM   #239

Sure. I also hate mixing hardware.

Products Discussed in this Thread