LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bed rails attachments.

Old 09-24-2010, 04:09 PM   #41
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for taking the time and doing the leg work on this. Will make it much easier for the rest of us.
Old 09-24-2010, 05:28 PM   #43
Crooked Beat is on a distinguished road
Crooked Beat's Tacoma Gallery
Eric:

This is a great thread. I am surprised it wasn't done 5 years ago - it is so helpful.
I am a proponent of having the bolt in the rail and the nut outside. That way you can easily check if any bolts and nuts have loosened off by a visual inspection.

What do you have behind your rail? A strip of aluminum?
Old 09-24-2010, 05:51 PM   #44
EricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
EricGagne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crooked Beat View Post
Eric:
What do you have behind your rail? A strip of aluminum?
That's part of my Access Literider tonneau cover. It comes with spacers that bring rails forward and the cover brackets are installed behind it so you can still use the rails fully.

Edit: And I agree with you. The bolt and the nut does seem like a nice option, especially if you use a 5/7" stainless steel nylon insert nut like this.....assuming of course that whatever you want to bolt to the rail is big enough to take bolts that size. If not then the 9/16" T-Slot nut with a 3/8" bolt appears to be the solution.

http://www.fastenal.com/web/products...1170866&ucst=t
Old 09-24-2010, 06:15 PM   #45
EricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I updated the first post again because I had forgotten the different part numbers for Tapped Through T-Slot nuts. If you were gonna to order soon please check them out before going ahead.
Old 10-02-2010, 08:24 PM   #46
day42 is on a distinguished road

day42's Tacoma Gallery
Very valuable info. Thanks a lot for your hard work.
Old 10-02-2010, 08:44 PM   #47
www.BeLikeBrit.org
fletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
fletch aka's Tacoma Gallery
If someone comes up with the Mfg part numbers on this stuff, I might be able to buy this stuff at huge discount. Post up the numbers and the suppliers and I will check to see if I can help. I have no interest in making any money on this and I have no interest in making 50 trips to the post office. If I can help I would like someone to buy the pack of 50, or 100 and take it from there. I have access to the T-bolts, nuts and the channel nuts with and with out the springs. Again I would only want to help one person that was willing to take it from there. They will be provided with the actual invoice for the material. I work for one the largest industrial supply company on the planet.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:00 PM   #49
akdisney is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
Name: Alan
akdisney's Tacoma Gallery
I had too cut the cone down to fit in the track and the cone help find the hole for the bolts
Bolts you want to use 1" long.
I like use this bolt is make it harder to take the tool box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akdisney View Post
Only thing I just found out is that the T-nut for 1/4"-20 are too small for the track rail.

I have buy some t-nut That made by dman597, out of aluminum.

Unistrut for the 1/4-20 some time do not sit flat in the Track.

I'm going see it cone shape Unistrut nut will sit flat in the track.

Stainless is a necessity on this west coast too also with salt air

Part number ZCM-100-1/4
Steel cone nut All 1- 5/8 channl
1 bag 5 Nuts Superstrut thomas& betts
Old 10-22-2010, 03:17 AM   #50
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
[quote=EricGagne;2186291]The information on what we can use to bolt stuff on our rails is scattered all across the forum. I think it'd be useful to many of us if we had a topic dedicated to that, now we have one

We can use this thread to post information on what works, what doesn't and what might, who makes it, where we can find it and what are the part numbers.

T-Slot Nuts

If you know of other things that would work please post them or send me a PM and I'll add it to the list above. I will use the remainder of this post to maintain a list of manufacturers and distributors. Again feel free to send me any information you have about finding these things where you live and I'll update the list.

I'm in Canada and it's sometimes hard for us to find this kind of stuf. I know some of you guys found Unistrut nuts at home-depot but Canadian hardware stores don't have this kind of stuff, not in Montreal anyway. I will put (USA), (CAN) or (USA, CAN) beside manufacturers names to show if they have known distributors in those countries.

T-Slot Nuts
TE-CO (USA, CAN), Where to buy: Look up
Drillspot (Online, USA Only):
Ferro Technique
(Montreal, Qc, CAN)
Fastenal (Online, USA, CAN)
Jergens (USA, CAN)
See contact page
DrillSpot (USA Only)
Fastenal (Online, USA, CAN)
Things that work
The 9/16" T-Slot Nut
Fastenal Part Numbers:
Jergens - 0349555 - Not tapped through
TE-CO - 302932-130481 Not Tapped Through
TE-CO - 3163956 - Tapped Through

A nice bonus is that it also fits nicely in the notches on the rail which makes it even better to lock them in place and stop them from moving.

From your post here,I found and called Fastenal.There was one local.
Picked up some T slot nuts today.Good fit,they do set into the notch in the
rail. They're not threaded through. Think I'll hit up a local machine shop and see what they say.
Thank you for taking the time and putting this info together. reps sent.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:30 PM   #54
meeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: g
meeestirg's Tacoma Gallery
Old 03-29-2011, 11:32 AM   #55
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sandman614's Tacoma Gallery
I will be picking up a handful of these, Fastenal is local and I have a buddy that works there!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricGagne View Post
The 9/16" T-Slot Nut
Fastenal Part Numbers:
Jergens - 0349555 - Not tapped through
TE-CO - 302932-130481 Not Tapped Through
TE-CO - 3163956 - Tapped Through

Made by Jergens but other manufacturers make similar ones. This one is near perfect, the entire nut at 7/8" easily slides in the rail and clears the screws easily, no grniding is required. The 9/16 slot slize is almost the same as the gap on the rail and almost fills it. A 15/16" nut with a 5/8" slot would be perfect.

A nice bonus is that it also fits nicely in the notches on the rail which makes it even better to lock them in place and stop them from moving.

Old 04-10-2011, 06:59 AM   #56
pauldotcom is a glorious beacon of lightpauldotcom is a glorious beacon of lightpauldotcom is a glorious beacon of lightpauldotcom is a glorious beacon of lightpauldotcom is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Paul
pauldotcom's Tacoma Gallery
I read somewhere on here that a member here made somthing that worked perfect for this.. Wish I remembered..
Old 04-10-2011, 12:07 PM   #57
mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
FlawedXJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldotcom View Post
I read somewhere on here that a member here made somthing that worked perfect for this.. Wish I remembered..
I made some. Get some flat aluminum bar from lowes or home depot, cut it to size, drill holes in it. Bam, done. It was like 15 bucks for 6 feet of it.
Old 04-10-2011, 04:50 PM   #58
maineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Tim
maineah's Tacoma Gallery
3/4" table saw "T" slot bolts any wood working store should have plenty of them they are the same as the bolt in the hooks so you can just put them in the slot and turn them no need to slide them down the rail.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:43 PM   #59
outlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: FO on the OP
Name: Brandon
outlaw7's Tacoma Gallery
after reading through this thread i decided to try some 5/8 1" tslot nuts. found some on ebay that were 1/2" coarse thread. used them to mount my n-fab carrier, the supplied hardware was weak and these worked perfect. no trimming at all near perfect fit. heres the pics:

Old 05-10-2011, 05:46 AM   #60

Outlaw7, that looks like a perfect fit. I thought 15/16 would be the max that we could put in the rail.

Would you tell us the make and part # of these nuts ? I'd like to add it to the first post.

Products Discussed in this Thread