1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Accelerator recall

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Barry J, Sep 18, 2010.

1. Sep 18, 2010 at 4:01 PM
    Barry J

Barry J [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Massachusetts
    My tranny has a hesitation in it, especially first thing in the morning. Seems like it's not doing anything and then goes.
    When they do the floor mat recall and re-flash the computer for the acceleration/brake udpate, I've heard that will fix the tranny hesitation also...is that true ???
    Thanks
    Barry[​IMG]

2. Sep 18, 2010 at 8:18 PM
    jpmorrisvb

jpmorrisvb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2014 Barcelona Red TRD Off-Road PreRunner
    Clazzio seat covers, KB Voodoo Powder Coated Tailgate Cap, OEM running boards, ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket, 35% Tinted windows, EGR window vents, color matched door handles and tail gate lift, WeatherTech FloorLiners, OEM bed mat, sound dampening on rear wall and rear doors, on anytime foglight mod
    --- search ---

3. Sep 19, 2010 at 3:10 PM
    Barry J

Barry J [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Massachusetts
    great !!! AWA....anybody else that can help me out a little bit better

4. Sep 19, 2010 at 3:13 PM
    Snipe

Snipe Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pacific NW
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Off Road
  5. Sep 19, 2010 at 3:17 PM
    jpmorrisvb

jpmorrisvb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2014 Barcelona Red TRD Off-Road PreRunner
    Clazzio seat covers, KB Voodoo Powder Coated Tailgate Cap, OEM running boards, ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket, 35% Tinted windows, EGR window vents, color matched door handles and tail gate lift, WeatherTech FloorLiners, OEM bed mat, sound dampening on rear wall and rear doors, on anytime foglight mod
    Barry ... this has been a 'HOT" topic here for some time. I was trying to help you out some .... sorry if I hurt your feelings.

My experience ...... low speed shifting has improved .... no question.

ps .... what does AWA mean?

6. Sep 19, 2010 at 4:20 PM
    Marshall

Marshall Well-Known Member

Member:
    MA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Double Cab Tacoma
    I had the tsb done for the shifting problem and all was fine. I then had the pedal recall done and now the shifting problem has returned. Has anyone else noticed this? I am wondering if the reflash with the pedal changed something that was originally done with the first reflash.

7. Oct 2, 2010 at 4:37 AM
    Marshall

Member:
    MA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Double Cab Tacoma
    Went to the dealer again to explain problem. Now they opened a case and said they have to wait for a call back. Wonder how long this will take. Anyone else experience this problem?

8. Oct 2, 2010 at 7:01 AM
    Bugsey

Bugsey Member

Member:
    Ontario
    Vehicle:
    08 Access Cab SR5
    I went for the accelerator recall on my 2008 and discussed another problem with the dealer of what I thought was the tranny. The shifting at low speeds is not smooth and I am still getting shudder and hesitation downhill, (the engine mount was changed on the TSB) the truck creeps from a start or after slowing down, will keep going to 30 + without pressing the accelerator. The shifting will resist to the point of the truck whining until it finally upshifts. The tech went for a test drive first with me driving and explaining the many symptoms then he took it and after three hours of testing and changing parts-(something in the differential), they believe it's the differential and they are lining up to change the "Pig" of the rear diff. I bought the truck at 26KM and it's had the vibration problem/shudder problem since the beginning which now has turned into a constant buzz from the vibration even at high speed.I haven't abused the truck in any way, I don't off road (afraid to considering the problems I've had)and whatever is causing this was there when I bought it. What could possible have happened to the differential in the first 26km? -the time frame the first owner had it. My question is-should I let them do this?

9. Oct 2, 2010 at 7:06 AM
    MaxPower

MaxPower Truck Noob

Member:
    First Name:
    Cezar
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 DCLB Taco TRD Sport
    this shifting problem you guys speak of...is it on manual or auto transmissions?

i have an auto, and i feel it kinda kick, or jerk when it's in lower rpms, usually when slowing down.

10. Oct 2, 2010 at 7:11 AM
    Bugsey

Bugsey Member

Member:
    Ontario
    Vehicle:
    08 Access Cab SR5
    Mine is automatic and it will jolt forward when it finally upshifts - this only at low speed like 1st to 2nd gear.

11. Oct 2, 2010 at 6:04 PM
    tacomathom

tacomathom Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    It's not new, it's not Mexico
    I had Safety recall 90L done two weeks ago. The accelerator pedal was trimmed (it looks like a bo'sunmate did it), the floor mats were checked and the SSC reflash done. The transmission shifts the same as it always did. I too get that hesitation from 1st to 2nd when the engine is cold and I'm giving it light throttle. After the first block or so the transmission shifts smoothly. Down shifts pass unnoticed except for passing. I don't think the recall did anything for the transmission, but then I didn't notice a problem.

12. Oct 3, 2010 at 5:07 AM
    Marshall

Member:
    MA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Double Cab Tacoma
    I have the automatic. Took it on a 200 mile trip sat and noticed that a couple of times while stopped in traffic it would lunge forward while I was stoped. Good thing I have my foot hard on the brake pedal. Love the truck but this trans. problems are annoying.

13. Oct 3, 2010 at 5:32 AM
    linkfeeney

linkfeeney Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    link the stink!
    Sewell, NJ Eh!
    Vehicle:
    09 Doublecab TRD Off-Road! Magnetic Grey!
    it only does that when I have the Air-condition on. It does for everyone pretty much i must say.

14. Nov 7, 2010 at 3:41 AM
    Marshall

Member:
    MA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Double Cab Tacoma
    I now find that this hesitation to engage happens in reverse too. The other day I was hitching up my trailer and I put it in reverse after I was about 6" shy of the trailer. The truck did not move after I placed it in reverse so I gave it a bit more gas all of a sudden it engaged and you know what happend next. The dealer still hasn't called back about the case they previously opened. This transmission problem is now a safety issue.

15. Nov 7, 2010 at 7:59 AM
    brandonlamb25

brandonlamb25 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    08 Crewcab Prerunner V6
    K&N Intake, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Ipod to Factory radio hookup kit, Black Low Pro Toolbox, Toytec Coilovers and 285/75r16 BFG MT's
    Mine does the same thing. It kinda feels like the tranny/engine is governing back. you can hear it rev kinda funny. Then it shifts and you feel it and all is good, its responsive again. Still annoying though. Any fix?? Any luck from the dealers on a fix?? Thanks

16. Nov 20, 2010 at 2:57 PM
    2006toco

2006toco Member

Member:
    southern cali
    Vehicle:
    06 tacoma longbed 4x4
    Im having the same problems. Any solutions out there for this.:mad:

17. Dec 14, 2010 at 3:17 PM
    Secondchildhood

Secondchildhood Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma
    I had my 2010 in for the gas pedal update today. The flash helped my tranny. My problem only happened in very specific locations. I have a down hill turn near my home. The right turn is tight and the tranny would seem to coast in neutral and then as you stepped on the pedal if would "catch" in first gear. Not smooth. That is now gone after the flash.

Products Discussed in

To Top