Notices

added bullbar weight

Old 09-18-2010, 06:20 PM   #1
yv1650c is on a distinguished road
Name: Carlos
yv1650c's Tacoma Gallery
added bullbar weight

Hello, i have a question:
if you install the front ARB bullbar (without winch), and the rear ARB bar with the tow hitch... is it too much weight that i can feel in the performance of the truck?? less acceleration times? or weight feeling?

thank you
Old 09-19-2010, 09:07 AM   #2
yv1650c's Tacoma Gallery
nobody here have experienced the added weight produced by installing a bullbar?
Old 09-19-2010, 09:09 AM   #3
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
Old 09-19-2010, 09:09 AM   #4
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Max-4_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
bump
Old 09-19-2010, 09:15 AM   #5
Toyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Toyota Truck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yv1650c View Post
nobody here have experienced the added weight produced by installing a bullbar?
Well it is heavier than stock so your truck is working harder moving around the extra weight, but I have also heard it's easier to tow with the added weight in front.

Old 09-19-2010, 09:48 AM   #6
Jimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud of

Name: Jim
Jimmyjohn's Tacoma Gallery
It's not going to cut your Gas Mileage enough to worry about.
Old 09-20-2010, 07:40 PM   #7
yv1650c's Tacoma Gallery
i cannot post photos because i dont have the bars right now! I'm asking first just to know your impressions about the added weight.
Old 09-21-2010, 12:14 AM   #8
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
I dunno about a bull bar, but the ARB yes. I can defiantly feel a difference with my AllPro on stock TRD off-road suspension. It pulls the front down about 1-1.5" (haven't measured) with the IFS skid and transmission skid as well. I can burn the rear tires a little easier, and the front squeals quite a bit more. I can defiantly feel the weight in the corners.

That said, it also feels a lot more solid/rigid somehow. Long story short, I will be upgrading the suspension. I was planning to anyway, but I'd be hard pressed to recommend not doing it with the added weight.

Acceleration... I'm sure it's down a bit but it still pulls about as hard as it did before. THe engine is tuned more to torque than HP so... it's fairly minimal. I also have TRAC though which helps a launch. With all armor I'm sure you'll feel it. I intend to supercharge anyway though....

Also I've seen about a 0.5 mpg decrease with the weight/airflow changes. However, it's hard to really say because I have had a bit more of a lead foot lately... at least I think maybe more than usual...
Old 09-21-2010, 12:59 AM   #9
Leadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Leadgolem's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure what the weight of the arb bar is. I've got one that was on her when I got my truck. 2.7l 4 cylinder for mine, first gen. The weight it adds is negligible to performance. My bar is around 10 pounds is all. Even right on the front of the truck that's not much. 0.0029% of the stated curb weight for my model.

If you wanted the whole arb bumper, especially with a winch, you would be looking at adding somewhere around 150lbs. Right on the front of the truck too. That your going to feel.