1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

experienced alignment help!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 85yote09taco, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Sep 19, 2010 at 2:27 PM
    85yote09taco

85yote09taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    York, PA
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD OR
    3'' OME lift, TRD CAI, Built Right UCAs, 285 Goodyear DURATRACS, black steelies, Fog light anytime, DTRL, Alternating turn signal, Diff breather relocated, Carrier bearing drop, Weathertechs, Bestop, Extended SS brake lines, CBI Sliders w/kickout, Cab mount chop, Total Chaos LCA skids, All Pro skids, Satoshi(HomerTaco), Bruteforcefab ''HC'' rear bumper, Bruteforce Hybrid front bumper
    So I just installed my 285/75/16 Duratracs on wheelers OR black rims with 4'' BS. When I got them put on the shop told me that they were unable to do the alignment because of the closing time so today I had no choice but to go to the dealer because they were the only place open and I did'nt want to eat up my new tires because of my bad alignment. So I took it to the dealer and told them that I would like to be idealy at 2.4* positve caster to eliminate the rubbing I was having on my fenders. So they checked my alignment and said that I was already at 3.4* positive caster so I had no choice but to tell them to move it up another degree to get the rubbing to stop is this a bad idea? and how do you guys even get close to 2.4*? I do have UCAs by the way.

2. Sep 19, 2010 at 3:58 PM
    Bsly862

Bsly862 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    08 Off Road
    3in lift
    The plastic lining? Just cut it and get it out of the way

3. Sep 19, 2010 at 4:10 PM
    85yote09taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    York, PA
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD OR
    3'' OME lift, TRD CAI, Built Right UCAs, 285 Goodyear DURATRACS, black steelies, Fog light anytime, DTRL, Alternating turn signal, Diff breather relocated, Carrier bearing drop, Weathertechs, Bestop, Extended SS brake lines, CBI Sliders w/kickout, Cab mount chop, Total Chaos LCA skids, All Pro skids, Satoshi(HomerTaco), Bruteforcefab ''HC'' rear bumper, Bruteforce Hybrid front bumper
    yeah im not so concerned about the plastic in the front, I mean its rubbing on the back fender twords the cab

4. Sep 19, 2010 at 4:11 PM
    brutalguyracing

brutalguyracing BIG DADDY

Member:
    F.U> GUYZ
    broken mods
    x2^^^^^^^^^^^
    the alingment is to make your truck drive straight and not wear your tires

5. Sep 19, 2010 at 4:13 PM
    85yote09taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    York, PA
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD OR
    yes but my caster needed to be adjusted to compensate for the larger tires, I read on another thread that caster should be 2.4* positive and im 4.2* I did remove my mud flaps hoping that would help with rubbing

6. Sep 19, 2010 at 4:17 PM
    rzimm001

rzimm001 Tearmytaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Wildomar
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 Long-Travel
    King 10" coilovers w/ resi. 3.5" over long travel kit. Factory spindles w/ ALLPRO gussets. Total Chaos tower gussets. Energy Poly cab mounts and steering rack mounts. Glassworks fenders and bedsides. Home fabbed bed cage. King 2.5x16 bypass shocks in the rear. DMZ long travel rear end. Race radio (2meter). Removed secondary carbon air filter. Exhaust dumped before the axle / no muffler. Phram fresh air cabin filter. K&N replacement filter, After market stereo, Grillcraft grill, custom fabled roof rack with 7" HID's, PRP race seats.
    You're fine. Race trucks run even more caster. I'm forced to run 5 degrees with my spindles and chaos uca's. The truck doesn't seem to handle any different other than the steering coming back to center quicker.

7. Sep 19, 2010 at 4:19 PM
    85yote09taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    York, PA
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD OR
    ok i just thought i would ask i do not know a whole lot about alignments thanks

8. Sep 19, 2010 at 4:22 PM
    rzimm001

rzimm001 Tearmytaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Wildomar
    Vehicle:
    King 10" coilovers w/ resi. 3.5" over long travel kit. Factory spindles w/ ALLPRO gussets. Total Chaos tower gussets. Energy Poly cab mounts and steering rack mounts. Glassworks fenders and bedsides. Home fabbed bed cage. King 2.5x16 bypass shocks in the rear. DMZ long travel rear end. Race radio (2meter). Removed secondary carbon air filter. Exhaust dumped before the axle / no muffler. Phram fresh air cabin filter. K&N replacement filter, After market stereo, Grillcraft grill, custom fabled roof rack with 7" HID's, PRP race seats.
    There is a point where too much caster can be harder on the steering rack but your not even close to too much. Mercedez cars run 10*

9. Sep 19, 2010 at 4:25 PM
    85yote09taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    York, PA
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD OR
    you know i do appreciate the help i've been learning a lot about my truck thanks to this site

10. Sep 19, 2010 at 4:26 PM
    85yote09taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    York, PA
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD OR
    not to mention that im about broke thanks to this site

11. Sep 19, 2010 at 5:51 PM
    rzimm001

rzimm001 Tearmytaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Wildomar
    Vehicle:
    Join the club :p

12. Sep 19, 2010 at 7:03 PM
    Bsly862

Bsly862 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    08 Off Road
    3in lift
    :thumbsup: