LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

WTF?? Ordered Tacoma in Feb, still no truck! Help?

Old 09-20-2010, 12:06 PM   #1
Dan_K is on a distinguished road
Dan_K's Tacoma Gallery
Unhappy WTF?? Ordered Tacoma in Feb, still no truck! Help?

Ok, So I put a deposit down on a Tacoma I was looking for back in February.

These are the options I was after.

(7593) Tacoma Double Cab V6 (6-speed Manual Transmission)
Timberland Mica exterior with Grey interior

(OF) Off-Road Package with JBL Audio System
(TO) Towing Package
(RL) Daytime Running Lights
(37) TRD Exhaust

Well after a couple months I was told there were no more 2010’s being made because of the plant moving, but if I was willing to wait the 2011’s would be available soon.
I said fine. That is the truck I want, and can wait another couple months for it.

I called my salesman in July to find out the status and was told that they haven’t made any Tacomas with the 6-speen Manuals yet, and were going to start production of them in Mid-August.

I called in late August and was told they would be checking with their Regional Manager who placed the order to find the status.

I didn’t hear back, so I called again and was told that they only made one (7593) 6-Speed Manual DC Tacoma and they couldn’t equip it with the (OF) package and it was sent to Washington State.
Then he told me they weren’t making any more 6-speed Tacoma’s for the 2011 model year….

Also said that they can’t place an order direct from the factory.
Rather they are limited to what shows up at the port, and then they can request it be shipped to them rather than another dealer…

I checked online today, and found numerous (7593) 6-Speed DC trucks in other area’s of the country in Dealers inventory. I even called to verify with them that they were 7593’s, and not misrepresented on their website.

According to Toyota’s Website the options I selected are available on 2011 Tacoma’s.

I called their 800 Customer Service number and they said if it’s listed on the site, then it can be build.
They said I could lodge a complaint with them, but offered no more help than that.

I don’t understand why these options can’t be sent to the factory so they know what truck to build…

I’m not after a complaint. I just want the Tacoma with the options I ordered

I don’t know where to go from here.

Asking for any help, or anyone to contact since my Dealer doesn’t seem to care.

BTW, I went to three other dealers and none were willing to even place an order, or even search for a truck.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Dan Kalvig
dankalvig@gmail.com
Old 09-20-2010, 12:09 PM   #2
My Taco is Bi-Winning!!!!!!!!
meckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: EAS'D
Name: Stephen
meckleystephen's Tacoma Gallery
That sounds like some piss poor customer service. Sorry to hear that it sounds like your only option would be to settle for a different color or a sport possibly,but it sounds like your dead set on that truck.Id be fuming
Old 09-20-2010, 12:15 PM   #3
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Submarine veteran and Air Force DoD contractor.
Name: Ryan James
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
You might have to actually take a day and head to the dealership and have them call and do work while you sit there and stare them down and act pissed off. Maybe even make a little bit of a scene.

I can almost bet they are just telling you a bunch of junk so you'll accept the answer and move on.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:19 PM   #4
gunner_20 has a brilliant futuregunner_20 has a brilliant futuregunner_20 has a brilliant futuregunner_20 has a brilliant futuregunner_20 has a brilliant futuregunner_20 has a brilliant futuregunner_20 has a brilliant futuregunner_20 has a brilliant futuregunner_20 has a brilliant futuregunner_20 has a brilliant futuregunner_20 has a brilliant future

gunner_20's Tacoma Gallery
So none of the dealers will look around and have a truck shipped to their dealership? Sounds like they dont want to sale a truck very bad. what idiots
Old 09-20-2010, 12:20 PM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I'd get the deposit back! How can they hold your money on a truck they claim can't be built? Dig in your heels a little with customer service, if you get testy with them they tend to be more helpful.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:23 PM   #6
swims with fishes
hansonian is on a distinguished road

hansonian's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like they're stringing you along hoping you'll just buy one off the lot. I'd head down there and raise some hell, tell em to order your truck the way you want to or get your money back. I'm sure there's another dealer near you who'd love your business if this one doesn't.

Good luck
Old 09-20-2010, 12:27 PM   #7
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
I feel your pain man. It took me forever to find a DC off road with the manual transmission. I was looking in August of 09 and nobody had any 09's left so I gave up. They only wanted to sell me what was on their lots so I told them to shove it. Then one day I was cruisin the dealers inventories and found one in a 2010 model. I called the dealership and it had been dropped off on the delivery truck the night before. I was there the next morning purchasing it.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:40 PM   #9
Danosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Danosabre's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
I'd get the deposit back! How can they hold your money on a truck they claim can't be built? Dig in your heels a little with customer service, if you get testy with them they tend to be more helpful.

x100000000 Get your deposit back and put it in the bank. Unless of coarse the stealer is giving you intrest? Most stealers are to F#%king lazy to order anything. Hell they don't even want to work with you to buy the truck.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:44 PM   #10
rcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
GEt your deposit back and go buy a 6.2L Ford Raptor.
Old 09-20-2010, 02:07 PM   #11
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NDT/QA
Name: Jimmy
jpmorrisvb's Tacoma Gallery
This is just my opinion, but it is years of experience talking:

Don't go in and tell they that you need this truck .... it what you have always wanted and you won't settle on anythinbg else. Because if that is the case the ball is in their court because they know that you have your heart set on this and you will wait until hell freezes over to get it .... but you have pretty much told them that.

Go back, let them know in a very calm and professional manner .... (they don't know how to handle calm .... if you rant and rave they say that you are out-of-control and won't work with you) , tell them that if they can't deliver you would like you deposit back and you will shop elsewhere.

Oh, also tell them that if they treat you right you will tell 20 people .... if they don't treat you right you will tell 40 people .... that gets their attention.

Best of luck.
Old 09-20-2010, 02:17 PM   #12
Make mine a Double!
skistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud of

Navy:
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
most dealers have web site's that list what trucks they have available
even the ones that are located elsewhere untill they can get them moved to the lot.

example - i wanted a cheap, manual, blue subaru impreza for work.
found one on only one dealers web site, so went that dealer.
started nogoations, explained what i was looking for,
of coarse he stated they didnt have any. asked him to go check their inventory
and behold they had one, but they had to get it from where ever the cars
are stored before they make it to the lot.

determine how far you are willing to go and search all of those dealers websites
weekly for new inventory, you may get lucky.
Old 09-20-2010, 02:20 PM   #13
KodiakVA is on a distinguished road
KodiakVA's Tacoma Gallery
Go on the internet and go to Kelly's or Edmunds and use their search engines to put in a request. Put in what you want and you will have dealerships all over trying to sell you a truck. You may have to drive somewhere but you will get what you want, or close to it.
Old 09-20-2010, 02:31 PM   #14
K Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shedK Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shedK Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shedK Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shedK Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shedK Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shedK Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shedK Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shedK Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shedK Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shedK Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shed
K Williams's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to K Williams
Mine took 3 months, 3 days to be delivered...and many months before that to find a Toyota dealership that would sell me one with all the options I wanted(three of which weren't installed on the truck...).
Old 09-20-2010, 02:38 PM   #15
toytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant future
Name: Jason
toytacoma22's Tacoma Gallery
Honestly you can have your truck built however you want it. I had to special order my truck because of the options I wanted and was told I would have to wait for three months to get it. My Dad's 4runner sport was the same case he wanted certain options and they did not build them with those options so it was a special order vehicle. Sounds to me like they are just jerking you around. I would leave that dealership and go somewhere else. Just my 2 cents.
Old 09-20-2010, 02:59 PM   #16
ScubaCougr is on a distinguished road
ScubaCougr's Tacoma Gallery
The magic words are "dealer trade". A dealer who wants your business will get one shipped in or trade with another dealer. I would expect a couple weeks at most to get this done.

If those words don't move their arse, I third the suggestion to use the words "deposit refund" then sit there until they cough it up. Be polite but firm.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:07 PM   #17
iSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

iSTIZO99's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaCougr View Post
The magic words are "dealer trade". A dealer who wants your business will get one shipped in or trade with another dealer. I would expect a couple weeks at most to get this done.

If those words don't move their arse, I third the suggestion to use the words "deposit refund" then sit there until they cough it up. Be polite but firm.
x2!!! Some dealers are just more hungry than others. I would've got my deposit back and moved on to another Toyota dealer. There's got to be another one in a town nearby.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:08 PM   #18
AKA "06tacosport"
Lunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beth
Lunercrab's Tacoma Gallery
I was dead set on a 2010 timberline mica sport dcab short bed. The dealer had none on their lot. They kept trying to get me to buy the same configuration in a different color cause the timberline was a rarer color. I constantly said no I want what I want. After a few days of searching they found one a few states away and shipped it up here for me. I think if they really wanted to help u out they would find a way
Old 09-20-2010, 03:19 PM   #19
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
If your a AAA member you might have them try to find you the truck. My dad wanted a certain Subaru a few years back which the dealer here couldn't find. He talked to AAA and a week or two later they found the car he wanted at a dealership on the other side of the state and had it shipped here.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:26 PM   #20
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
I would get my money back and call around see who can get you the truck
Don't give in