Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What to sell stock wheels/tires for? (ebay or clist?)

Old 09-21-2010, 02:40 PM   #1
soflasurfr will become famous soon enough
soflasurfr's Tacoma Gallery
What to sell stock wheels/tires for? (ebay or clist?)

Just wonder what you guys did with your stock wheels/tires. I replaced my a day after driving my truck off the lot so the wheels and tires are brand new.

I think they're 17's... (I bought a double cap sport pckg)

a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/54131271@N07/5012452617/" title="IMG_0719 by soflasurfr, on Flickr"></a>
Old 09-21-2010, 02:46 PM   #2
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Sell them here.
I bought a set local a while ago for $350.00 with about 1K miles.
Smokin deal for my kids truck.
How fast do you want to sell will decide the price.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:50 PM   #3
Prez of @battleborntacomas and ASSHOLE!
MOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
MOT's Tacoma Gallery
If you do craigslist post for way more then you want so you can go down! Trust me i know! Sell them seprate!
Old 09-21-2010, 02:52 PM   #4
ethanw is on a distinguished road
ethanw's Tacoma Gallery
What state are you in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by soflasurfr View Post
Just wonder what you guys did with your stock wheels/tires. I replaced my a day after driving my truck off the lot so the wheels and tires are brand new.

I think they're 17's... (I bought a double cap sport pckg)

a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/54131271@N07/5012452617/" title="IMG_0719 by soflasurfr, on Flickr"></a>
Old 09-21-2010, 02:59 PM   #5
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
PM'd
Old 09-21-2010, 03:01 PM   #6
Ethan, in Florida.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:16 PM   #7
mike 4 is on a distinguished road
Name: mike
mike 4's Tacoma Gallery
wheels

where in florida. im guessing south florida. im interested for the right price
Old 09-21-2010, 03:30 PM   #8
Deerfield Beach, still trying to figure out whats a good price.
Old 09-21-2010, 04:21 PM   #9
Outdoorsman
Jere is a name known to allJere is a name known to allJere is a name known to allJere is a name known to allJere is a name known to allJere is a name known to all

Jere's Tacoma Gallery
Things to consider

You should first decide what it is you are selling:
Wheels, tires, lug nuts, center caps, TPMS valve stems.

Wheels are CL worth about $100 each, tires less, lug nuts are worth about $20 for all 24 and TPMS about $50 for 4. People will argue, they are probably looking to buy from you cheap. Set your preferences:
Local pick-up only, all or nothing, cash only ...

Then take a good offer around $500 for everything if it feels comfortable to you. If someone wants you to meet them a hundred miles from your work, or ship them, or give you a third party check, just walk, you don't need the aggravation.

In case it isn't clear, this is pure opinion, good luck.
Old 09-21-2010, 05:16 PM   #10
Another Toyota Enthusiast
toyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
toyo freak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jere View Post
You should first decide what it is you are selling:
Wheels, tires, lug nuts, center caps, TPMS valve stems.

Wheels are CL worth about $100 each, tires less, lug nuts are worth about $20 for all 24 and TPMS about $50 for 4. People will argue, they are probably looking to buy from you cheap. Set your preferences:
Local pick-up only, all or nothing, cash only ...

Then take a good offer around $500 for everything if it feels comfortable to you. If someone wants you to meet them a hundred miles from your work, or ship them, or give you a third party check, just walk, you don't need the aggravation.

In case it isn't clear, this is pure opinion, good luck.
Nice post +1 ! Yea you need to brake it down. Sell the tire and rims as package for $500, just my .02
Old 09-21-2010, 07:32 PM   #11
AKA "06tacosport"
Lunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beth
Lunercrab's Tacoma Gallery
I dunno. I sold my tires to my boss for 300 and I've put my runs up on craigslist for months now on and off with no real bites. I just put them up again lastnight and found a very potential buyer. He's coming up with weekend and I'm selling em to him for 300 with the lugs. So I got like 600 for everything so to speak.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:00 AM   #12
Newby
ec8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedec8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedec8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedec8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedec8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedec8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedec8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedec8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedec8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedec8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedec8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ec8's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought TRD 16's about 3 weeks ago with under 1000 miles on them off a 2010 or '11 in South Florida. Paid $300 for the set, was supposed to get lug nuts with them but seller forgot them and won't be sending them even though they were part of the deal (current lugs won't work on them). I think I got a great deal on them, but everyone says the stock Dunlops are garbage, looks like you have Bridgestones which are probably better. Ask high and expect to go down, but if you ask too high, no one will bite. I'd probably say ask $500?
Old 09-22-2010, 10:16 AM   #13
If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off
Rocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Rocketball's Tacoma Gallery
I got $400 plus shipping when I sold my Sport rims on ebay. No TPMS's. I did include the center caps.

I sold the tires separately because I was originally going to keep them to put on my wife's 4 Runner, but we needed to the space in the garage so I sold them. Only got $80 for the set of 4. They already had 25,000 miles on them.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:32 AM   #14
trdagule is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdagule is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdagule is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdagule is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdagule is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdagule is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdagule is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdagule is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdagule is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdagule is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdagule is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
trdagule's Tacoma Gallery
price?