Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

So TSB's After Warranty

Old 09-22-2010, 03:04 PM   #1
They are more like guide lines.
sloppyjoe is just really nicesloppyjoe is just really nicesloppyjoe is just really nicesloppyjoe is just really nicesloppyjoe is just really nice

sloppyjoe's Tacoma Gallery
So TSB's After Warranty

I was wondering if a TSB carries over after the factory Warranty runs out? I have soft and weak rear springs and I am sure the TSB would rectify the issue, thing is I am not sure they care much about it after it is not warranted? Does anyone know if I can get TSB's done afterthe warranty is out if so what is the best method to get the work done? I would like to have the TSB leafs and if not and the answer to my question is flat NO, then what or who have any of the TW'ers used to get the desired ride and support out of the rear. I have heard good things about allcan leafs springs (anyone using them?) I do not want a lift kit but the extra lift would not hurt as I do plan on adding OME coils in the front. Any help would be awesome, THanks!! JOE>
Old 09-22-2010, 03:06 PM   #2
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
TSB coverage seems to end at 36,000/3 years. I suppose if you went to a dealer and were really nice you could try, worst they can do is say no. How far out of warrenty are you?
Old 09-22-2010, 03:09 PM   #3
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
just get an AAL and call it a day
Old 09-22-2010, 03:10 PM   #4
Northern Alliance: Airlift Div
Coreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud of

Air Force: Flight Engineer
Coreyjon's Tacoma Gallery
man im in the same boat, just hit 38k miles but would like the rear suspension tsb.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:36 PM   #5
JKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JKD's Tacoma Gallery
TSBs still "apply" after the warranty, you are just probably going to be paying out of pocket unless you call Toyota corporate and they take pity on you.

A TSB just spells out steps to try to remedy a customer complaint or common problem.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:54 PM   #6
Fortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fortech's Tacoma Gallery
TSB's only apply if the affected part is still under warranty. A TSB is not a recall - just a bulletin to help techs diagnose common problems.

If a TSB is done after the warranty expires, it's usually due to "good faith" and is very uncommon.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:57 PM   #7
Evasive Maneuvers PMKMS
tacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud of

tacobox's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortech View Post
TSB's only apply if the affected part is still under warranty. A TSB is not a recall - just a bulletin to help techs diagnose common problems.

If a TSB is done after the warranty expires, it's usually due to "good faith" and is very uncommon.
Correct.

Just get a $80 AAL. Toyota will want $1600 to do the TSB out of pocket.