Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Badge paint issue....

Old 09-22-2010, 04:25 PM   #1
JasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
JasonJump's Tacoma Gallery
Badge paint issue....

The grill "toyota" emblem is coming out a totally different color than the side "Tacoma" emblems why in the hell is that happening? Its almost as if they are different materials... I did the exact same application on all emblems and front emblem isn't showing the true color I am painting it??? anyone?
Old 09-22-2010, 04:27 PM   #2
Evasive Maneuvers PMKMS
tacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud of

tacobox's Tacoma Gallery
Both sanded and primed first?
Old 09-22-2010, 04:36 PM   #3
JasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacobox View Post
Both sanded and primed first?
Yes on all three, exact same application... its the weirdest thing.... I even went to the extent of buying a new front badge for the grill and its doing the same thing! F!
Old 09-22-2010, 04:43 PM   #4
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Hmmm thats really weird, I never heard of this issue before?
Old 09-22-2010, 04:47 PM   #5
Eurosport has a spectacular aura aboutEurosport has a spectacular aura about
Eurosport's Tacoma Gallery
make sure you allow enough time between coats, also humidity plays a factor...
Old 09-22-2010, 04:48 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Hmmm thats really weird, I never heard of this issue before?
me neither but that popcorn looks good..... ......
Old 09-22-2010, 04:49 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurosport View Post
make sure you allow enough time between coats, also humidity plays a factor...
time as in make sure the primer is still shiny? or dull.... when the paint gets dull it stays dull.... and it is very humid here in Oklahoma
Old 09-22-2010, 04:49 PM   #8
Evasive Maneuvers PMKMS
tacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud of

tacobox's Tacoma Gallery
hmmm that is weird. got any pics? I'll ask my painter friend. ^^^ and yeah when it dull looking
Old 09-22-2010, 04:52 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacobox View Post
hmmm that is weird. got any pics? I'll ask my painter friend. ^^^ and yeah when it dull looking
I'll post some tonight
Old 09-26-2010, 02:19 PM   #10
Eurosport has a spectacular aura aboutEurosport has a spectacular aura about
Eurosport's Tacoma Gallery
were you able to get it looking good?
Old 09-26-2010, 02:35 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurosport View Post
were you able to get it looking good?
Ha I ended up painting it a black metalic, said forget about the red ha, but the black turned out good