Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Rear Suspension TSB

Old 09-23-2010, 09:03 AM   #1
09TacomaPA has much to be proud of09TacomaPA has much to be proud of09TacomaPA has much to be proud of09TacomaPA has much to be proud of09TacomaPA has much to be proud of09TacomaPA has much to be proud of09TacomaPA has much to be proud of09TacomaPA has much to be proud of

Name: Jason
09TacomaPA's Tacoma Gallery
Rear Suspension TSB

I got denied by my local dealership to have the rear TSB done on my 09 AC 4x4. I was told "There is nothing wrong with you suspension and that they can't just do a TSB because I found it on the internet". I was wondering if I go to another dealership will they be able to tell that the other dealership denied me?
The dealership that denied me was Sloane Toyota in Devon, PA.
Thanks!
Old 09-23-2010, 09:11 AM   #2
topgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
topgun155's Tacoma Gallery
Has your truck bottomed ouy before. If it has show them the marks and tell them that it is very unsafe to drive like that.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:57 AM   #3
trd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chuck
trd09's Tacoma Gallery
call toyota corporate and complain
Old 09-23-2010, 09:58 AM   #4
ubugarrity is one of the sharper tools in the shedubugarrity is one of the sharper tools in the shedubugarrity is one of the sharper tools in the shedubugarrity is one of the sharper tools in the shedubugarrity is one of the sharper tools in the shedubugarrity is one of the sharper tools in the shedubugarrity is one of the sharper tools in the shedubugarrity is one of the sharper tools in the shedubugarrity is one of the sharper tools in the shedubugarrity is one of the sharper tools in the shedubugarrity is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ubugarrity's Tacoma Gallery
Me and a friend both brought our Tacomas (08 and 09) to Newton Toyota (NJ) this morning. They had both done in 2 hours and even drove us to the diner while we waited.

I noticed when I had an atv or snowmobile in back, I couldn't put my finger between the springs and frame. Truck bottomed up when these were in the truck. I just mentioned it to them and they ordered the parts that day.

Maybe you can borrow an ATV to show it bottoms out before capacity? Or try another dealer. If your close to northern NJ try my dealer.

Good Luck
Old 09-23-2010, 10:15 AM   #5
"The Fuzz"
shook0002 is just really niceshook0002 is just really niceshook0002 is just really niceshook0002 is just really niceshook0002 is just really nice

Name: Joe
shook0002's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09TacomaPA View Post
I got denied by my local dealership to have the rear TSB done on my 09 AC 4x4. I was told "There is nothing wrong with you suspension and that they can't just do a TSB because I found it on the internet". I was wondering if I go to another dealership will they be able to tell that the other dealership denied me?
Thanks!
I had mine done last week at Champion Toyota off of Cottman ave. The wanted me to bring it in with weight. So I took it in with a 55 gallon drum filled with water, two old wheels and tires and two bags of mulch, about 600 lbs and it bottomed out. The checked it out and did my TSB a week later. At first they acted like they didn't know what I was talking about until I offered to show them the TSB. Sloane and Champion are owned by the same people. I would load it up and take it back with TSB in hand, if you still get denied, call the toyota number. Remember to use keywords like bottoming out and rides rough.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:15 AM   #6
huckyourmeat is just really nicehuckyourmeat is just really nicehuckyourmeat is just really nicehuckyourmeat is just really nice
huckyourmeat's Tacoma Gallery
Don't mean to thread jack, but I've been wondering...how much does the TSB fix stiffen the ride? I mostly use my truck for daily driving and don't want the ride to be too rough.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:22 AM   #7
If you want it bad, you usually get it bad!
Mark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LCDR Mustang (Ret) - 30 yrs - Submarine and Target Service
Name: Mark
Mark C.'s Tacoma Gallery
"Don't mean to thread jack, but I've been wondering...how much does the TSB fix stiffen the ride? I mostly use my truck for daily driving and don't want the ride to be too rough."

I went in with 10-40lbs bags of topsoil in the back and when they took a look underneath, they agreed that it needed to be done. As for the ride stiffening up....only a slight increase in the stiffness in the rear without a load, but a lot more stable with a load. For me, it was well worth the fight to get it done. Obviously a personal choice.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:09 PM   #8
TacoBaja is on a distinguished road
Marines:
Name: John
TacoBaja's Tacoma Gallery
Spring TSB fix

I reported on another thread but will brief it down here - my harsh ride & bottoming out was dismissed by the dealer primarily because of mileage - 82,000 - on a 2006 TRD 4x4.

Called Toyota at 800-331-4331 and they co-ordinated with the extended warranty people and agreed to pay for the fix. The dealer still wanted to split the cost with me. So I called the Toyota number a couple of more times and somehow Toyota & the dealer finally agreed.

Persistence on my part, and also I tried to be as patient as possible, not getting pissy with anyone. Took about two weeks worth of phone calls.

It's done, with no charge to me, and bottoming out is far better and the ride isn't substantially different.
Old 09-24-2010, 03:07 AM   #9
JTDTacoma is on a distinguished road
JTDTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Huckyourmeat- The ride doesn't suffer with the extra leaf, even with an empty bed. It has a more solid, quality feel too it. Definitely how the truck should come stock.
Old 09-24-2010, 04:54 AM   #10
09TacomaPA has much to be proud of09TacomaPA has much to be proud of09TacomaPA has much to be proud of09TacomaPA has much to be proud of09TacomaPA has much to be proud of09TacomaPA has much to be proud of09TacomaPA has much to be proud of09TacomaPA has much to be proud of

Name: Jason
09TacomaPA's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the help, I am going to try another dealership and let you know how it turns out.
Old 09-24-2010, 05:09 AM   #11
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
If you feel like taking a ride to the AC area Shore Toyota did mine. My service adviser Matt used to own a taco so he knows our trucks.
Old 09-24-2010, 07:20 AM   #12
06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06redtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
this seems likes a real jackass thing to do but it really works, try to have your conversation in front of a lot of other customers and if things go bad start yelling. If this doesn't work tell him that you want to speak to his supervisor. Dont mention the internet tell him that you had a friend that got this done, and that you got online and found the paperwork for it (the TSB).
Old 09-24-2010, 07:34 AM   #13
2.7taco is on a distinguished road
2.7taco's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota still does not have a TSB for the 5 luggers. If I had the option I would do it in a heart beat. I am tired of having to load it to half capacity.
Old 09-24-2010, 08:06 AM   #14
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottri's Tacoma Gallery
I had to argue a little to get mine done. Just load it up and go over a few speed bumps. It will hit the bump stops. I used firewood, loaded the truck, headed to my mother in laws house to drop it off and drove down the street with the most speed bumps. Took the truck in on Monday and argued a little and after a few phone calls they agreed to do it. It does stiffen the ride a little but it feels much better to drive and you won't even notice it after about 2 weeks.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:26 PM   #15
JBRICENO is on a distinguished road
JBRICENO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09TacomaPA View Post
Thanks!

You need to call your closest Toyota Corporate office and file a complaint. Also, if you do take it back to the same dealer or different, tell them that you tow or have carried at least a 500 lbs load that caused your truck to sag in the back considerably. Advise them that this is a safety concern of yours specifically since this causes the front end to lift and have less weight distributed, which yields a looser steering control causing the truck to drift more than normal. Again, stress the importance of safety here. They should not be denying customers who come in with legitimate complaints. Even if you haven't yet hauled or towed, there will be a time when you do - hence why you have a truck -right?
Old 03-06-2011, 08:43 AM   #17
charles08tacoma has much to be proud ofcharles08tacoma has much to be proud ofcharles08tacoma has much to be proud ofcharles08tacoma has much to be proud ofcharles08tacoma has much to be proud ofcharles08tacoma has much to be proud ofcharles08tacoma has much to be proud ofcharles08tacoma has much to be proud ofcharles08tacoma has much to be proud of

charles08tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynyrd3 View Post
Magic words are - HARSH RIDE !
I tried using harsh ride, unsafe handling when loaded, bottoms out, etc with my dealer & had 360 lb load of bagged concrete in the bed. Service manager says there is evidence of bump stops being hit, but that was because I overloaded the bed so he is denying the TSB for my truck. I got pissed & told him 360 lbs is not overloaded! I called Toyota customer service & haven't heard back from them. I am going to another dealer this week.