Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

does it make a bit of difference?

Old 09-23-2010, 06:49 PM   #1
comajoe has a spectacular aura aboutcomajoe has a spectacular aura aboutcomajoe has a spectacular aura about
comajoe's Tacoma Gallery
does it make a bit of difference?

i need to change the plugs on my 06 taco V6. i went to advance, got denso plugs PKH20TT which are platinum. i double checked and did a search to see if there was any headsup on changing the plugs since it seemed to me to be pretty straight forward. the platinums were the only ones listed at advance auto besides the highdollar iridums. mine didnt come with a manual so.....the part# yall are pushing must be copper plugs so techinacally i'm should be OK since the platinums should just last alittle longer....right?
Old 09-23-2010, 07:32 PM   #3
comajoe has a spectacular aura aboutcomajoe has a spectacular aura aboutcomajoe has a spectacular aura about
comajoe's Tacoma Gallery
thanks. the number being listed here is about a hour drive from me and i dreaded going into the city and that damn traffic yea i like it in the sticks
Old 09-24-2010, 05:40 AM   #4
larryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Vet: C-17 Avionics Engineer; Electrical Research Engineer
Name: Larry
larryde09's Tacoma Gallery
What number are you referring to? Is it an E3 brand number or something? I'm only familiar with the iridium plugs (denso). IMO, the biggest benefit from iridium plugs is longer life, resulting in a cleaner spark over its lifetime. Getting a platinum or basic plug is fine, just remember you can't get the same mileage out of it as you can an iridium plug.

There may be other performance gains from using iridium and/or E3 and other strange shaped electrodes, but that's a whole other argument. If you're looking to save a few bucks and not travel into town, you'll be fine with whatever plug is available at the store.
Old 09-26-2010, 06:36 PM   #5
comajoe's Tacoma Gallery
yeah i got the denso platinums, i didnt realize that the plug was in the same "family" as the one listed in the searchs that i did. thanks.
Old 09-26-2010, 06:38 PM   #6
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
The stock plugs work the best, iridum on a v6 is actually a performance loss. The stock plugs are also cheap as hell from the dealer, no reason to not use them imo.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:53 PM   #7
comajoe's Tacoma Gallery
well i didnt even use the plugs, i removed the first one to replace and it was a iridum, still gapped correctly. i stuck it back in and went and returned the plugs