1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Airbag light + Airbag OFF = Frustrated

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by JMan551, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Sep 23, 2010 at 9:50 PM
    JMan551

JMan551 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Ferndale, WA
    Vehicle:
    '10 Access Cab TRD Sport
    TRD Skid Plate, Toyota Hood Protector, Magnaflow Exhaust, AFE Intake, Badgless
    A couple days ago, after a large gentleman made his way into and out of my car, I noticed that my airbag light came on. I also noticed that the passenger side airbag indicator tells me it is off, even with someone sitting in the seat. Through reading, it sounds like maybe the coil spring behind the steering wheel is bad but I was wondering if anyone had anymore input.

Recently I also installed a double din with a SWI steering wheel control box. I installed a bluetooth module under the passenger seat, making a small incision in the carpet on the middle console. I'm confident I didn't cut any wires due to the fact that I only started having the issue in the last couple of days (not a month ago when I installed).

I have a wicked fan chirp (on lvl 1 and 2), and I either have to have the fan on loudly or not at all, now the airbag light, so a dealership trip is mandatory. I hate the dealership!!!! They still haven't called me about the touch up paint I ordered (and paid for) a LONG time ago, not to mention my rear TSB nightmare story.

Argh

JER

2. Sep 23, 2010 at 9:56 PM
    DocBrown86

DocBrown86 Yota Doc

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    San Diego (Spring Valley)
    Vehicle:
    04 Prerunner
    toytec coil spacers, tokicko struts/dubcab springs, energy suspension rack bushings, bilstien hd shocks, K&N FIPK2, Flowmaster 50DF, ScanGuage2, 5000k HID's, horn mod, other stuff that I forgot to list
    Sorry to hear about your dealership woes.

Sounds like the seat occupancy sensor went out, and somethings in your blower motor. These two things should be covered under warranty.

If you wanna tackle the blower motor problem yourself, look under the dash, directly beneath your glovebox. You will see your blower motor, and 3 or 4 screws. Just unplug the connector and unscrew the screws, and your blower will drop out. I usually find leaves inside.

3. Sep 23, 2010 at 10:15 PM
    JasonJump

JasonJump Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Yukon Oklahoma
    Vehicle:
    '05 Tacoma TRD Sport 4X4 D Cab Debadged
    Billy 5100's set at 2.5, iPhone innerface, TRD Sport wheels powdercoated Anthracite grey wrapped in 265/70/17 Duratracs, Custom Sliders
    I have the same airbag light problem for passenger, it is suppose to turn off and doesn't when someone is sitting in it

4. Sep 23, 2010 at 10:23 PM
    DocBrown86

DocBrown86 Yota Doc

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    San Diego (Spring Valley)
    Vehicle:
    04 Prerunner
    toytec coil spacers, tokicko struts/dubcab springs, energy suspension rack bushings, bilstien hd shocks, K&N FIPK2, Flowmaster 50DF, ScanGuage2, 5000k HID's, horn mod, other stuff that I forgot to list
    Its supposed to be on when someone (over 60lbs I believe) is sitting in the passenger seat.

Its supposed to turn off (says airbag off) if there is a child (under 60 lbs) or no-one in the seat.

5. Sep 23, 2010 at 10:24 PM
    TacoTron

TacoTron Tacotronn

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    07 Toyota Tacoma
    I had the exact same problem last week! I guess one of the plugs under the seat got unplugged so i plugged it in. Still nothing changed, the passenger airbag said off no matter what and the gauges had the airbag light on. I was confused I didnt do anything to make it go bad. Your truck is still new a 2010 your clock spring cant be broken. I went to the dealership and my cousin plugged his labtop thing and just reset everything for me and all lights turned off. Thats all they probably honestly need to do for you. Once somethings been tampered or unplugged then thats what happens the light goes off and the passenger says off. So just go to the dealer ship and tell them they needa reset it for you.

Products Discussed in

To Top