1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dealer refuses to work on my Taco!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 2011TacoSport4x4, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Sep 24, 2010 at 2:08 PM
    2011TacoSport4x4

2011TacoSport4x4 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Clyde
    Offutt AFB, Nebraska
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport DC 4x4 OME 3" lift
    OME 3" lift, Flowmaster exhaust, K&N Intake, bestop, ARB Locker, 4:56 gears, ARB Deluxe bumper, Warn 8000lb winch, Synthetic line, Rock sliders, exhaust relocation done, All Pro standard 3" leaf packs, Timbren Bump stops, Extended brake lines, Pioneer dual din DVD, Pioneer door speakers, Ultra Gauge, BAMF Lower LCA Skids.
    I do have documentation. I also have a great Attorney:p

My truck has a vibration in the driveline, my truck has no rear lift at this point. And the problem is visually obvious! I will take a pic and see if anyone can tell? It will be in the morning as my kids have Football in just a few:)

2. Sep 24, 2010 at 2:10 PM
    2011TacoSport4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    Clyde
    Offutt AFB, Nebraska
    Vehicle:
    OME 3" lift, Flowmaster exhaust, K&N Intake, bestop, ARB Locker, 4:56 gears, ARB Deluxe bumper, Warn 8000lb winch, Synthetic line, Rock sliders, exhaust relocation done, All Pro standard 3" leaf packs, Timbren Bump stops, Extended brake lines, Pioneer dual din DVD, Pioneer door speakers, Ultra Gauge, BAMF Lower LCA Skids.
    I believe this is him!

3. Sep 24, 2010 at 2:30 PM
    hendooman

hendooman The Stroker Ace

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    KC
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma OR (SOLD); 2015 TRD PRO 4Runner
    Toytec TRD PRO LIFT with 1.5 SAW in rear, 255 Coopers, Baja Rack, Southern Style Front Bumper, Warn Wireless Winch, DeMello Sliders.
    You probably have reasons for doing what your doing, but why in the hell would you fight to have this dealer work on your truck? Even if they agree to work on it, what makes you think it is going to be any easier to deal with.

4. Sep 24, 2010 at 3:46 PM
    2011TacoSport4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    Clyde
    Offutt AFB, Nebraska
    Vehicle:
    I believe its the way they treated me, and it is now personal. I will never let them work on my truck.

5. Sep 24, 2010 at 3:48 PM
    MOT

MOT Prez of @BattleBornToyotas

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 DB DC 4X4 Sr5 Sport
    Black Housing Head, Custom Retro fit, T-Rex #2 Eyelids 50 inch ToughLight Radius Bar and 2 20 inch Bars behind grill with BAMF mount, T-Rex #2 Eyelids, Custom Vegas Dezert Fab Front Bumper and Rock Sliders,Wet Okole's, WeatherTech Mats, Magnaflow Exhaust, Pro Comp 6 InchStage 2 Lift, K&N Intake,
    This is why i love having friends that work in dealers!

6. Sep 24, 2010 at 4:00 PM
    ST77

ST77 Wandering doesn't mean you're lost

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Sandy, Or
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD OR DCSB
    Bone Stock
    What Stealership is this that's being the douchecanal??

7. Sep 24, 2010 at 5:00 PM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 F150
    Personally, I would have not done any suspension modifications if I had a driveline vibration from the date of purchase. The problem is with the front lifted you have changed the original geometry. If the dealer does correct the issue you are going to change the geometry again when you lift the rear.

I would just go ahead and finish the lift at this point and then have the vibration issue dealt with.

8. Sep 24, 2010 at 6:20 PM
    th3duke

th3duke Active Member

Member:

+1 on that advice...

9. Sep 24, 2010 at 7:49 PM
    Larry

Larry CARL

Member:
    CARL
    I'd find a better way to spend my energy...

and, I'd find a new dealership.

10. Sep 24, 2010 at 7:55 PM
    timmo

timmo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    OKC
    Vehicle:
    2010 doble cab 4wd sr5-silver

hahaha...douchecanoe!

11. Sep 24, 2010 at 8:03 PM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
    Find another dealer, you don't want those hacks working on it even if they agree to it.

12. Sep 24, 2010 at 8:06 PM
    RZRob

RZRob Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Anaheim Hills
    I'd launch an overt smear campaign. Go get the truck fixed elsewhere and then personally tell customers this guy's a douche bag. Over stay your welcome. Get signs and drive sufficient business away.

Either that or just kick this guy's ass after work some day.

Rob

13. Sep 24, 2010 at 8:16 PM
    Isthatahemi

Isthatahemi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD OFF ROAD
    BFG AT's, Weathertechs, Hoppy's brake controller.
    My experience has been that Toyota dealers can be sticky when it comes to warranty work, but it does not seem to come from corporate. thing. Some silly Toyota Loyalty / Fanboy thing. When I busted my rear diff, the mechanic acted like I had just killed his dog, he was genuinely upset. Strange. And when the repair didn't take, the second dealer blame the noises on my BFG All-terrains, because it was the only non OEM item they could blame. Why not just fix it and bill Toyota?

14. Sep 24, 2010 at 8:20 PM
    Larry

Larry CARL

Member:
    CARL
    Good advice.
    Terrible advice.

15. Sep 24, 2010 at 8:25 PM
    WATRD

WATRD Keyser Soze

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Duvall, WA
    Vehicle:
    '01 S/C SAS TRD
    WATRD.com
  16. Sep 24, 2010 at 11:56 PM
    Taco4x4NC

Taco4x4NC Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Western North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 DC/LB "Pytrite Mica/Katzkin leather
    3m clear bra or Venture, stant locking gas cap, Shield, front windows tinted, weathertechs, ARE "Z" topper. Sockmonkey decal, Billy 5100's x 4 corners, Eibach coils, Toytec 1.5 AAL. Michelin 265/75/16 MS2's, Grillcraft MX series/TOYOTA badging. FJ/SE TRD Anthracite gray wheels. Katzkin leather/heated seats.
    EXACTLY......I would not trust the dealer as this point. I would go to a dealership that treats you right.

17. Sep 25, 2010 at 1:39 AM
    ChompsterTacoma

ChompsterTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chompster
    Fresno,Ca
    Vehicle:
    TRD offroad 4x4
    Bone Stock
    I have force a local Honda dealer to fix my previous 2002 odyssey for shitty transmission. Corporate said they won't fix it for free, dealer said can't do anything. So I did what I could do. Park the damn van off from the curb in front of the dealer with written letters on the windows to let every customers visiting know what shitty transmission they have. About five hour pass I got a call from the dealer owner telling me corporate will honor it. Not recommended but I was desperate being that was a known problem and the only vehicle we had and they wanted over four grand to fix. I definitely know how you feel.

18. Sep 25, 2010 at 1:48 AM
    tacomarich

tacomarich luvsoffroading

Member:
    First Name:
    rich
    arizona
    Vehicle:
    trd 4x4 offroad
    ask to speak directly with the service manager in charge and also the shop manager, if there is one. i was being pushed around at one dealer, until i kept coming back, asking for the service manager and then finally got resolution. it was for a steering rack/bushing issue, when i had my 04 taco. i also told them several times i also had a bad left side ti rod. finally after what it seemed like three visits, and several wasted minutes later, i walked in the shop with the manager and shop foreman. with my taco on the lift, trying to show them the movement in the tirod i was seeing. it was all of a sudden fixed, like i was crazy for telling them there was movement. i know they just replaced it and didnt want to admit i was right all along.

19. Sep 25, 2010 at 2:37 AM
    FoxySandChick

FoxySandChick Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kristin
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 Base model V6 Impulse Red Pearl
    De-badged, limo tint, black wet okole's, weathertechs, extra d-rings, TSB bilsteins
    Not that it's always the right thing to do....but if you b!tch enough to the right people then they will do just about anything for you.
    The right people is not the people at the dealership....also a written letter with copies of all documentation along with date/times and names of the people at the dealership who you dealt with tend to work well when dealing with corporate.

My bf does drivability at a dealership and after inspecting vehicles has refused to work on them based on aftermarket equipment...His dealership will take photographs of the equipment and keep them in case there is a complaint.
    Recently a car came in with thousands of dollars in stereo equipment installed and had an electrical problem, he was told to put the car back to stock before they would work on it. The regional rep came out and his complaint to corporate was denied.

20. Sep 25, 2010 at 5:29 AM
    jpmorrisvb

jpmorrisvb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2014 Barcelona Red TRD Off-Road PreRunner
    Clazzio seat covers, KB Voodoo Powder Coated Tailgate Cap, OEM running boards, ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket, 35% Tinted windows, EGR window vents, color matched door handles and tail gate lift, WeatherTech FloorLiners, OEM bed mat, sound dampening on rear wall and rear doors, on anytime foglight mod
    Everybody has a supervisor .... just keep going up the foodchain.

Products Discussed in

To Top