Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Dealer refuses to work on my Taco!

Old 09-24-2010, 01:25 PM   #1
2011TacoSport4x4 is just really nice2011TacoSport4x4 is just really nice2011TacoSport4x4 is just really nice2011TacoSport4x4 is just really nice2011TacoSport4x4 is just really nice

Air Force:
Name: Clyde
2011TacoSport4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Dealer refuses to work on my Taco!

I had a vibration in the rear of my truck since it was new. I have the front lifted and am trying to get the rear vibration fixed before finishing the rear.

It has 2300 miles on it and was taken to Toyota yesterday for this vibration

My dealer said he would not work on it at all, because the lift kit! He also told me that my factory warranty is now VOID!

I said BS! and called Toyota corporate, they said he is incorrect. My warranty is fine, but the aftermarket parts would not be warrantied, This is 100% fine by me.

I then called the dealer ship back and tried to explain what I was told by corporate, Dealer said I don't care...it will not enter my shop!

So needless to say, I'm !

My last new vehicle was a chevy z71, which I lifted 6" and never once had an issue with the dealer repairing it

Anyone else have an issue with their dealer?

What can I do besides complaining to corporate?

P.S. Thankfully I did not buy my truck from this dealer!
Old 09-24-2010, 01:32 PM   #2
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
magnusson moss act

Show him.
Old 09-24-2010, 01:34 PM   #4
silverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
silverback's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like you got a hella of a deal on the truck and the guy is pissed. Or if thats not the case just contact the better business bureau and file a complaint against him and his dealership. It will stay on there record even if nothing happens and when people look up the dealership to potentially buy there, they will see the negative mark and he will lose business. Might have to drive to the next dealership.
Old 09-24-2010, 01:35 PM   #5
Daudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Daudio's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigzor View Post
magnusson moss act

Show him.
^ This
Old 09-24-2010, 01:48 PM   #6
2011TacoSport4x4 is just really nice2011TacoSport4x4 is just really nice2011TacoSport4x4 is just really nice2011TacoSport4x4 is just really nice2011TacoSport4x4 is just really nice

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daudio View Post
^ This
I did and he told me he didn't care! I went to buy my truck from this dealer but they lied and told me "You can't get a 2011" I left and called a dealer 25 miles away and he said "come and get it, I have 2"

I even told the dealer that I believe this to be a safety issue, still refused me service! I sure hope Toyota makes this right???
Old 09-24-2010, 01:48 PM   #7
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottri's Tacoma Gallery
Take your business to another dealer. I'd be in his service area yelling at the damned manager for all to hear but I'm kind of an asshole about stuff like that.
Old 09-24-2010, 01:49 PM   #8

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback View Post
Sounds like you got a hella of a deal on the truck and the guy is pissed. Or if thats not the case just contact the better business bureau and file a complaint against him and his dealership. It will stay on there record even if nothing happens and when people look up the dealership to potentially buy there, they will see the negative mark and he will lose business. Might have to drive to the next dealership.
I am meeting with the owner tomorrow. If no resolution then I will be contacting the BBB!

Thanks
Old 09-24-2010, 01:50 PM   #9
Banned
raswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rick
raswank's Tacoma Gallery
Go have it done at the dealer you bought it from then. Why are you dealing with them?
Old 09-24-2010, 01:53 PM   #10

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottri View Post
Take your business to another dealer. I'd be in his service area yelling at the damned manager for all to hear but I'm kind of an asshole about stuff like that.
X2

My wife already warned me about getting into an issue with this ass! I'm going to have to go somewhere else which sucks. But I guess you gotta do what you gotta do.

It is the whole point that a Toyota dealer will not honor the warranty on a truck with 2300 miles on it, WTF!

Toyota Corporate has been awesome so far, that makes me feel a little better.
Old 09-24-2010, 01:54 PM   #11
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigzor View Post
magnusson moss act

Show him.
Ehhh....Going to have to an battle to prove one way or the other that the vibration was happening before-which means a pain in the ass and/or court time and lost time at work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raswank View Post
Federal law they can't deny you.
This is a gross oversimplification of the Moss Mag act...Make sure you actually understand what you are entitled to.

Quote:
I would agree with this. Sounds like this dealer is a douchecanoe....Take all your business elsewhere...
Old 09-24-2010, 01:56 PM   #12

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by raswank View Post
Go have it done at the dealer you bought it from then. Why are you dealing with them?
The dealer I bought it from is 30 miles away, they are 6 miles away. I am going to go somewhere else.

Also I believe anyone who buys from them could have the same BS story told to them.

It is federal law that the dealer must honor the warranty, especially when it is a potential safety issue.
Old 09-24-2010, 01:56 PM   #13
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
even if this dealer takes my truck after all of this, i wouldnt trust them to work on it
Old 09-24-2010, 01:57 PM   #14
UG legend wannabe
snowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
snowgod06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Ehhh....Going to have to an battle to prove one way or the other that the vibration was happening before-which means a pain in the ass and/or court time and lost time at work.

This is a gross oversimplification of the Moss Mag act...Make sure you actually understand what you are entitled to.

I would agree with this. Sounds like this dealer is a douchecanoe....Take all your business elsewhere...

^^ interesting, never heard of this "douchecanoe"
Old 09-24-2010, 02:01 PM   #15

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post

I have it documented that I had this issue from the time that I bought the truck. The Moss Mag act is a tough sell to any dealer, as they can interpret it in many ways!

I have no rear lift and my rear drive line is not straight. The shaft from the transmission is pointing towards the rear driver side tire and the shaft from the carrier to the rear end is straight. I loosened the cb and moved it to alleviate some of the angle and the vib got way better, move it the opposite way and WAY worse! Feels like driving on rumble strips when accelerating.
Old 09-24-2010, 02:03 PM   #16
theredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AM1
Name: John
theredofshaw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Same here....done it a few times just not at the dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgod06 View Post
^^ interesting, never heard of this "douchecanoe"

Sounds kinda canadian...lol j/p
Old 09-24-2010, 02:03 PM   #17
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011TacoSport4x4 View Post
The dealer I bought it from is 30 miles away, they are 6 miles away. I am going to go somewhere else.

Also I believe anyone who buys from them could have the same BS story told to them.

It is federal law that the dealer must honor the warranty, especially when it is a potential safety issue.
It is federal law that dealers must prove that a modification caused a failure. Warranties are not carte-blanch for free repairs. If you abuse a car or make unsafe/poorly engineered changes- the dealer is not on the hook for that.

For yours- You will end up having to go to Corporate to get the back up to get it fixed...Cause lifts have been known to cause issues with vibrations but if you showed them the issues before- They will end up looking at it. Their interpretation of the Moss Mag act doesn't really matter- If you get to the point you are trying to use that for leverage- You need to talk to a lawyer
Old 09-24-2010, 02:04 PM   #18

Air Force:
My Brother-in-law is an Attorney and he said he will explain the Moss act to me in English tomorrow...lol

He did tell me that the dealer is really putting himself on the line by refusing to look at it.

He said the dealer can't refuse to inspect the truck, but can refuse to work on it.
Old 09-24-2010, 02:06 PM   #19
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery

Old 09-24-2010, 02:07 PM   #20
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
He look anything like this?