LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bestop supertop problem

Old 09-24-2010, 02:43 PM   #1
Gitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant future
Name: Justin
Gitmo's Tacoma Gallery
Bestop supertop problem

Hey guys so I just bought a bestop from a guy on craigslist for 250$ in great condition, just really dirty. We hooked it up on my truck and there's this gap between the rear window and the tailgate. Ill have pics once I get out of class. Also, the top came of a 96 yota but I hoped it would fit my 2010 =\.
Old 09-24-2010, 07:15 PM   #2
Gitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant future
Gitmo's Tacoma Gallery

Any suggestions? I was thinking of getting a bigger gasket or something like the gaskets on the hard camper shells.
Old 09-24-2010, 07:29 PM   #3
AKA "06tacosport"
Lunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beth
Lunercrab's Tacoma Gallery
i'm alittle confused...are you talking about the gap between the cab and the topper or is there a gap on the back window above your tailgate?
Old 09-24-2010, 07:32 PM   #4
AKA "06tacosport"
Lunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beth
Lunercrab's Tacoma Gallery
did you get the bar that goes on the bottom of the back window that snaps onto the bestop rail bars, it the long piece with the rubber gasket on the bottom of it?
Old 09-24-2010, 07:33 PM   #5
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
I used to be be the asst shop foreman for a trim shop in bloomington, indiana.
If it's the rear gap above the tailgate, take it to a local trip shop and have them steam the entire rear plastic glass and surrounding area.
Fasten it to where it should be and let it sit for a while. Usually it will just stretch and be ok.
Old 09-24-2010, 07:33 PM   #6
rcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
wow you got that for $250, great deal. The gap between the gate and the top, is a tough one, i would look in Mcmaster.com and see if they have anything.
Old 09-24-2010, 07:54 PM   #7
Gitmo's Tacoma Gallery
^ I was on craigslist last night at 2am looking for stuff for my truck...saw that top posted a couple hours before and I was all over it! I've been looking for one for a year now, shit.

But yes, I'm referring to the gap between the tailgate and the rear window of the soft top. I believe the top is the one made for 89-04 models...mine is 2010. I couldnt pass up this deal so hopefully I'll find a way to seal the gap. I'll check out the resources you guys gave me, thanks!

EDIT:

Btw, what type of trim shop do you mean Matic?
Old 09-24-2010, 11:00 PM   #8
13th wunder
chyknees will become famous soon enough
chyknees's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunercrab View Post
did you get the bar that goes on the bottom of the back window that snaps onto the bestop rail bars, it the long piece with the rubber gasket on the bottom of it?
if you have that bar, try flipping it the other way. Thats how mine was at first but I flipped it around and it seals up nicely, where the rubber is touching the tailgate.