Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

stuff sliding around in the bed

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-25-2010, 01:49 PM   #1
mrdinh is on a distinguished road
mrdinh's Tacoma Gallery
stuff sliding around in the bed

with my new taco, the toyota bedliner from toyota moves stuff around...anyone recommend a accessory to have my stuff in the bed stay put?

i usually don't use the whole bed, and use a bed cover...the stuff slides always to the back of the bed so i have to unroll the cover to get to the stuff....

what is the recommendation? thanks
Old 09-25-2010, 02:06 PM   #2
'Stralia! Riding Roo's and wrangling koalas
Redfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Conner
Redfox1's Tacoma Gallery
I would like to hear some solutions to this as well.
Old 09-25-2010, 02:20 PM   #3
Project.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Project.paradigm's Tacoma Gallery
You have the rubber mat from Toyota? I have a thin piece of rubber mat in the back of my truck and i'm amazed at how things don't move around.
Old 09-25-2010, 02:21 PM   #4
Dang liberals.
tacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
tacomaprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
D-rings?
Old 09-25-2010, 02:24 PM   #5
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Rubber bed mat....

There are many different brands for different prices. I have a Protecta Bed Mat. It's 1/4" thick and is AWESOME. I personally only paid $50 for it at my local truck accessories shop.

Old 09-25-2010, 02:24 PM   #6
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota bed mat.
Old 09-25-2010, 02:26 PM   #7
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.toyota.com/tacoma/accesso...610_p337359329

Not sure if the link will work but look at the cargo divider for the Tacoma on Toyota's accessory page. I just use a rubber mat and things seem to stay put. Or, throw it in reverse and stomp the brake to shift things to the back before you get out
Old 09-25-2010, 02:27 PM   #8
payrow is on a distinguished road

Name: Pete
payrow's Tacoma Gallery
I have the same problem. I was thinking of using Rhino Liner on the ribs of the bed to keep stuff from sliding around. The only thing stopping me is I am not sure that it will stick to the bed. Has anyone tried that yet??
Old 09-25-2010, 02:31 PM   #9
Jones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jones's Tacoma Gallery
Cargo bar http://www.harborfreight.com/ratchet...bar-96811.html

Just use it in reverse from the pictures or get two. One for the top of the stuff and one for the bottom. I have one and works fine for stuff to not move. I use D-rings for the bigger stuff.

If your stuff is pretty light, maybe a shower rod that you twist to expand is basically the same just weaker.

Or maybe this thing, just seems to be overpriced.
http://toyotapartspeople.com/searchp...=Cargo+Divider
Old 09-25-2010, 03:04 PM   #11
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
Bed mat
Old 09-25-2010, 03:06 PM   #12
andrew is a jewel in the roughandrew is a jewel in the roughandrew is a jewel in the roughandrew is a jewel in the rough
andrew's Tacoma Gallery
The toyota OEM bed mat I hear is the best. Read around and most people here say the same.
Old 09-26-2010, 08:00 AM   #13
mrdinh is on a distinguished road
mrdinh's Tacoma Gallery
good ideas..thanks...
Old 09-26-2010, 08:57 AM   #14
vinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shed
vinnyvavoom's Tacoma Gallery
The bed mat was my first addition. It works perfectly.
Old 11-06-2010, 02:47 PM   #15
Tacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant future
Name: Terry
Tacozoid's Tacoma Gallery
I fixed that. I haul Drums and Anvil cases all over Texas and I found the best tool. Tractor Supply has "E Track" like you see in cargo trailers and vans. I bought 2- 24" sections and a 10 ft E Track strap. the strap is 2-1/4 " wide and is strong as a tow strap. You just snap in the one side, pull it across your gear and lock in the other side, pull her tight and nothing moves! I used LARGE washers on the box to keep the track from poping loose. SWEET FIX I also added 2 D rings to the front of the box.
Old 11-06-2010, 03:03 PM   #16
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: I be a doctor
Caduceus's Tacoma Gallery
I went to Tractor Supply Co and bough a roll of no-slip tape (like for stairs and such). Cut it to size and placed it on the raised portion of the bed, on the outer 4 ribs on either side. Stuff in the middle slides, most of the stuff on the tape will stick pretty well.
Old 11-06-2010, 03:06 PM   #17
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HM1 (FMF/SW/AW)
Name: Frank
Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
I got stuff that goes in drawers, like above. Cheap and did the job.

Products Discussed in this Thread