1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2011 Off Road DC PR=Leaf TSB Done!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Range 44, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Oct 6, 2010 at 11:24 AM
    jivewalker

jivewalker Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack MeHoff
    Chucktown
    Vehicle:
    2012 4RUNNER TE w/KDSS, 2017 LAND CRUISER
    i will verify when home later, but believe NUMMI? Yes, it bottomed out on bumps at around 500lbs. I could almost bottom it out by jumping in the bed and i am 200lbs. The new springs are A LOT beefier and stiffer. I think the truck sits and rides much better. I even think the shitty springs affect the seating position, made the truck feel ass heavy and made the driver seat feel lower, might just be me though. With the new springs it reminds of a jeep i hade a long time ago, nice and solid ride, better feedback while driving. Worth getting it done imo.

2. Oct 6, 2010 at 3:50 PM
    Steig

Steig Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD off road
    Dealer ordered mine after several phone calls. At least they said they are ordered. Will let you know. 2011 TRD DC Off Road.

3. Oct 6, 2010 at 5:02 PM
    jivewalker

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack MeHoff
    Chucktown
    Vehicle:
    My truck was made at TMMTX. # on my old RH spring was 48210-04550-K

Here is a before/after of the pack and the old springs #, hope it helps you

springs 002.jpg
    springs 004.jpg
    springs 001.jpg

4. Oct 8, 2010 at 8:07 PM
    G.T.

G.T. Official TW Burrito Inspector

Member:
    First Name:
    G.T.
    CONUS
    Vehicle:
    2011 Pyrite Mica 4WD DCLB TRDSport w/ FlipPac
    Some stick on chrome from pep boys
    Stopped by the Toyota store today to pick up something I ordered and ask the service manager about the TSB for my 2011 4WD DC + LB and he had the parts guy order my parts and scheduled my service for Thursday the 14th. Didn't threaten, play dumb, or act chapped. Simply told him that I'm not interested in having my truck drag it's butt like a dog with worms when I go to haul stuff. He chuckled and got it sorted out. Did mention that the ride will be affected by the change which I sorted out already via common sense.

Thanks TacomaWorld.com for letting me know about the solution.

5. Oct 8, 2010 at 8:11 PM
    charles

charles Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Charles
    AK
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
    Took my truck to the dealer yesterday for the TSB. I have to wait a week for the parts to get here and I'll get my new springs. They really didn't give me any hassle and I've only got 1700 miles on the truck. I called Toyota first though just incase the dealer tried giving me a run around.

6. Oct 9, 2010 at 6:10 PM
    jivewalker

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack MeHoff
    Chucktown
    Vehicle:
  7. Oct 9, 2010 at 8:19 PM
    ElfDad

ElfDad Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Central VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC 4x4 TRD MGM
    Factory Roof Rack, Factory Side Steps, Factory Bed Extender, Removed Cigarette Lighter and Installed 2nd Power Port
    I just had the tsb done on my 2010 4wd dc sb. after the install the truck handles better and rides better but now i have a vibration around 60mph. anyone else having or had this issue?

8. Oct 16, 2010 at 12:19 PM
    G.T.

G.T. Official TW Burrito Inspector

Member:
    First Name:
    G.T.
    CONUS
    Vehicle:
    2011 Pyrite Mica 4WD DCLB TRDSport w/ FlipPac
    Some stick on chrome from pep boys
    Apologies for the late follow up but had the appointment and the dealership did the install. Honestly the comments about how it will ride unloaded haven't materialized in actual ride quality. I've noticed no difference other than the slightly obvious increased height in the rear now. My service was performed by Newbold Toyota/BMW in O'Fallon Illinois.

9. Oct 18, 2010 at 2:26 PM
    Steig

Steig Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD off road
    Thanks JiveWalker and rest of forum, got my TSB done today on my 2011. No major noticable difference in ride quality (dealer said may make the ride stiffer)and raised the rear of truck approx. 1 inch. Maybe a little more than 1 inch, hard to tell, my driveway is not level. :)

10. Oct 18, 2010 at 7:22 PM
    ccextra1976

ccextra1976 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    2011 timberland mica DC 4x4 off road
    Thanks to everyone here for the info, went to dealer today and talked to the service manager. Told him that when hauling my trailer/load it hits the bump stops. Get this he asked me if I had the TSB since I mentioned it? really? I pulled it up on google for him. He then proceed to get on the phone with the regional rep in Co. He stated that I would have to bring the truck back for him to look at (also have bent tailgate).
    I am perplexed, the part number on my leaf is the same part number as the TSB states as being the old #. It blows my mind how a service manager doesn't have all this info readily available and educated on the subject. Not trying to bash here……. but probably in the good ole days when a service manager actually worked at the same dealer for 20+ years forums like this wouldn't be necessary. They would know the ends/out of the business. O'well ......rant done

Products Discussed in

To Top