Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2011 Off Road DC PR=Leaf TSB Done!

Old 09-27-2010, 03:10 PM   #1
Range 44 has a spectacular aura aboutRange 44 has a spectacular aura about

Range 44's Tacoma Gallery
2011 Off Road DC PR=Leaf TSB Done!

Just picked up my 2011 From the dealership today, after having some hauling issues and complaining. They swapped the rear leaf springs out no questions asked. Feels alot stronger and will def be able to haul what its supposed to now. If your having trouble with your dealer, ask them to match the part #'s from the previous TSB campaign. They will match up, because they are the same faulty springs. It has a 4 leaf pack now.
Attached Thumbnails
2011 Off Road DC PR=Leaf TSB Done!-img_0937.jpg   2011 Off Road DC PR=Leaf TSB Done!-img_0943.jpg   2011 Off Road DC PR=Leaf TSB Done!-img_0945.jpg  
Old 09-27-2010, 03:12 PM   #2
Steig is on a distinguished road
Steig's Tacoma Gallery
good info, I also have a 2011 and would like to get the TSB done.
Old 09-27-2010, 03:16 PM   #3
ekard is a glorious beacon of lightekard is a glorious beacon of lightekard is a glorious beacon of lightekard is a glorious beacon of lightekard is a glorious beacon of lightekard is a glorious beacon of light

ekard's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the update. I'll use your situation to hit back at my dealer who's claiming the 2011 3-leaf is already updated...
Old 09-27-2010, 03:16 PM   #4
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2010 and when I called the dealer to ask about the tsb leaf springs they said that my vin # doesnt have a tsb issued for it. Do you think that is true? I dont really know the difference, and i just did an add a leaf anyway.

thanks
Old 09-27-2010, 03:18 PM   #5
me gusta pechos firmes
jivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jack MeHoff
jivewalker's Tacoma Gallery
i will contact my dealer tomorrow.
Old 09-27-2010, 03:19 PM   #6
me gusta pechos firmes
jivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

by the way, what hauling issues did you have?
Old 09-27-2010, 03:30 PM   #7
AKtoyTaco has a spectacular aura aboutAKtoyTaco has a spectacular aura aboutAKtoyTaco has a spectacular aura about
Name: Adam
AKtoyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quick question: I've got the exact same truck on order, 2011 DC in white, and am planning on doing coil overs in the front and a replacement 3 leaf pack by Deaver in the rear. The reason for the replacement pack in the rear is to get some additional (aprox 1.5") lift, does the TSB give you any additional lift? Thinking that if it does, I may be able to skip the aftermarket kit & save the $$.

Thanks & congrats on your kick ass new truck!
Old 09-27-2010, 03:41 PM   #8
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKtoyTaco View Post
Quick question: I've got the exact same truck on order, 2011 DC in white, and am planning on doing coil overs in the front and a replacement 3 leaf pack by Deaver in the rear. The reason for the replacement pack in the rear is to get some additional (aprox 1.5") lift, does the TSB give you any additional lift? Thinking that if it does, I may be able to skip the aftermarket kit & save the $$.

Thanks & congrats on your kick ass new truck!
I got the TSB done on my 2010 DC 4x4 last week...

The rear was lifted 1.75 inches. She has now settled to exactly 1.5 inches. I'm guessing I'll see another 1/4 or 1/2 inch of settling over time with more use (hauling & towing)

It's for this reason if I go with the Billy 5100's...I'll set them at .85. I do not want the ass squat stance.

The TSB and front Billy's give the truck a nice stance...not enough to run 285 tires, but nice just the same.
Old 09-27-2010, 04:09 PM   #9
Range 44 has a spectacular aura aboutRange 44 has a spectacular aura about

Range 44's Tacoma Gallery
The hauling issues that i had were that i had about 500lbs of tile in the back and my tires were almost in the fenders. When i went over a bump it felt like it was bottoming out. I was pretty pissed that my brand new truck was performing like this at half the rating. Dont let the dealership BS you, load up your bed and take it up there, tell them to match the part numbers. If you load it up and theres no issue than maybe they are right.
Old 09-27-2010, 04:21 PM   #10
me gusta pechos firmes

thanks for the info. That would piss me off too. hopefully I get it done with no hassle
Old 09-27-2010, 04:38 PM   #11
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jivewalker View Post
thanks for the info. That would piss me off too. hopefully I get it done with no hassle
call Toyota 1st...they will create a file and give you a case #...they also will email the dealership service manager...then call the service dept.

get Toyota in your corner...then have a copy of the TSB in hand...

If this does not work...I wouldn't want that particular service dept. working on my truck. Find another dealership.
Old 09-27-2010, 04:40 PM   #12
U no kea but AINOFEA!
kauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 66H now w/ PHS
kauaibuilt's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, gonna call and try to set it all up for me too.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:30 PM   #13
GRAY GHOST is on a distinguished road
GRAY GHOST's Tacoma Gallery
I'm interested in this too, however, the TSB only lists up to 2010 models. If I bring in a 2011 am I gonna get turned away? I attached the TSB revision 2 for clarification. Seems odd that this TSB was originally published in 2008 and the fix isn't standard on a 2011 model??
Thanks for any input!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf T-SB-0305-08.pdf (2.37 MB, 136 views)
Old 09-28-2010, 04:46 AM   #14
me gusta pechos firmes

printed the TSB, gonna try and make some time to initiate this today and see what happens. My thought, if they give me shit I'll have 6 people from the dealer hop in the bed and ride around the lot...that'll be fun.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:40 AM   #15
me gusta pechos firmes

just spoke with the dealer. first, I'll say he was very nice with no BS. I have to take it by so they can have a look and verify the problem. He will then order the 4 leaf pack, bushings, etc. No hassle yet. We'll see after I take it by. BTW, I also told him the front springs creak during slow turns over bumps, he will look at that as well.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:41 AM   #16
magixfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagixfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagixfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagixfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagixfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagixfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagixfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagixfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagixfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagixfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagixfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

magixfinger's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in with this, I've read about this issue for months, I need to start and get going on having them to correct this issue. As a precaution, I'd like to get this done prior to any suspension modification I have plan for the future, just something to less worry about if I have to bring it back to the dealershit if I ever have suspension problems. Thanks guys for all the infos
Old 09-28-2010, 07:48 AM   #17
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
for the others...make sure that the part numbers on your current springs match the old part numbers on the TSB. they should take that into acocunt when doing the TSB for a newer year than what's on the TSB.

oh yeah...TSB!!!
Old 09-28-2010, 09:05 AM   #18
me gusta pechos firmes

Just got back from dealer. They said that the TSB doesn't cover the 2011 trucks, however, they understood my problem and are calling Toyota to make sure they get paid if they do the replacement. this is understandable. When I get a call with a yeah or nay I'll post it. The service advisor did say that 99.9% of the time Toyota will just say do it, so that sounds positive and Service Manager was on board.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:11 AM   #19
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
It kills me that every year the dealers claim the 3 pack is 'revised and does not need to be changed' and it never is. What are these idiots smoking?
Old 09-28-2010, 09:45 AM   #20
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
IMO...those of you with 2011's need to contact Toyota...

enough calls to Toyota on the issue will eventually get 2011 models added to the TSB list.