1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Grey wire mod VS relay diff lock anytime

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Alby9999, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Sep 28, 2010 at 7:56 AM
    Alby9999

Alby9999 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alby
    NNJ
    Vehicle:
    07 AC TRD OR Impulse Red
    TRD Cat back exhaust 3" FR lift-AAL CAI-Ram air D rings Tail gate theft mod 4x4 illumination switch mod Redline hood struts Fogs on any time mod diff breather relocation mod 886 reverse light mod Wet Okole Avid weld on sliders LR UCAs Locker mod 115 in cab outlet 400w anytime
    I know, the horse is dead but I have searched and read about every thread dealing with this mod but have yet to find the pros and cons of both ways. The grey wire mod though easier seems to have some problems with the light indicators as well as not being able to engage the diff lock over the 5 mph mark. Is there any other side effects? I have not been able to find any problems associated with the relay method. Are there any issues? I would like to do eitjher mod this weekend but not sure which to go with.
    Thanks for your help.

2. Sep 29, 2010 at 12:25 PM
    Alby9999

Alby9999 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alby
    NNJ
    Vehicle:
    07 AC TRD OR Impulse Red
    TRD Cat back exhaust 3" FR lift-AAL CAI-Ram air D rings Tail gate theft mod 4x4 illumination switch mod Redline hood struts Fogs on any time mod diff breather relocation mod 886 reverse light mod Wet Okole Avid weld on sliders LR UCAs Locker mod 115 in cab outlet 400w anytime
    Bueller, Bueller, anyone????

3. Sep 29, 2010 at 12:37 PM
    David K

David K Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pala Mesa, California
    Vehicle:
    2010 4WD Off Road DC
    Differential Breather Mod Light Bar: 4 Cree LED lamps Bilstein 5100s Ride Rite Air Bags
    Umm, me thinks the grey wire mod works only on 2004 and earlier Tacos, and the relay mod is for 2005 and newer Tacos...?? Keep reading older posts and you will see the difference.

Products Discussed in

To Top