LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Rear tail light assembly cost?

Old 09-28-2010, 02:08 PM   #1
NC Coast is a name known to allNC Coast is a name known to allNC Coast is a name known to allNC Coast is a name known to allNC Coast is a name known to allNC Coast is a name known to all
Army: 1st Air Cav - 18 Months VietNam
Name: Bill
NC Coast's Tacoma Gallery
Angry Rear tail light assembly cost?

I know, all I have to do is call the Toyota dealer parts dept but I have not because I am pi**ed about this. Mostly I am just here to rant and vent! 2010 Access Cab - yesterday backing up my foot slipped off the brake pedal (wet shoes - we had over 10 inches of rain in 12 hours - a record for a 12 rain fall not in a hurricane!) and I backed into a chain link fence. The clear plastic part of the rear tail light is severely scratched and has a crack in it. I can't tell but I am almost positive you cannot replace just that cover but instead you have to replace the whole rear tail light assembly for a bazillion dollars.

Does anyone know what one cost?n
Other than the tail light the only damage was to a spot of the body (painted area) just above the tail light that was deeply scratched and will have to be touched up with paint to keep it from rusting. It's only the size of a silver dollar but deep in the paint - but no dent.
I felt so stupid - I bought the truck new - this is the first "damage" and it was my stupid carelessness that did it. The truck only has 5050 miles on it. It's the 2010 light silver color. Thanks if you know anything about this.
Bill
Old 09-28-2010, 02:30 PM   #2
m3zy6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3zy6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3zy6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3zy6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3zy6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3zy6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3zy6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3zy6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3zy6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3zy6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3zy6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
m3zy6's Tacoma Gallery
Take a deep breath! Now go to the Buy-Sell-Trade forum and search for taillights. A set of LEDs usually goes for a little over $200.

If you can't find any here or on CL check out car-part.com.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:31 PM   #3
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
^^ great suggestion ^^
Or you can list a WTB
Man sorry that happened to ya..it is always the first one that makes you mad the most. Glad you are ok and the rain stopped.