1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rear tail light assembly cost?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by NC Coast, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Sep 28, 2010 at 2:08 PM
    NC Coast

NC Coast [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Eastern North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner Access Cab
    I know, all I have to do is call the Toyota dealer parts dept but I have not because I am pi**ed about this. Mostly I am just here to rant and vent! 2010 Access Cab - yesterday backing up my foot slipped off the brake pedal (wet shoes - we had over 10 inches of rain in 12 hours - a record for a 12 rain fall not in a hurricane!) and I backed into a chain link fence. The clear plastic part of the rear tail light is severely scratched and has a crack in it. I can't tell but I am almost positive you cannot replace just that cover but instead you have to replace the whole rear tail light assembly for a bazillion dollars.

Does anyone know what one cost?n
    Other than the tail light the only damage was to a spot of the body (painted area) just above the tail light that was deeply scratched and will have to be touched up with paint to keep it from rusting. It's only the size of a silver dollar but deep in the paint - but no dent.
    I felt so stupid - I bought the truck new - this is the first "damage" and it was my stupid carelessness that did it. The truck only has 5050 miles on it. It's the 2010 light silver color. Thanks if you know anything about this.
    Bill

2. Sep 28, 2010 at 2:30 PM
    m3zy6

m3zy6 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    '17 TRDSport AC 6spd 4x4
    Take a deep breath! Now go to the Buy-Sell-Trade forum and search for taillights. A set of LEDs usually goes for a little over $200.

If you can't find any here or on CL check out car-part.com.

3. Sep 28, 2010 at 7:31 PM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    ^^ great suggestion ^^
    Or you can list a WTB
    Man sorry that happened to ya..it is always the first one that makes you mad the most. Glad you are ok and the rain stopped. :)

Products Discussed in

To Top