1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sold Wrong Seat Covers

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Sidehack, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Sep 28, 2010 at 7:17 PM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!

I say sit back and see what PayPal does for you. From what I understand if it was misrepresented you should get your money back. The fact that he specified it would fit a 07, and did not specify it may or may not fit a 07, I think you are covered. I think he knew by his reply to you about selling them to someone else.
    Good luck

2. Sep 28, 2010 at 7:38 PM
    airsoft_warrior

airsoft_warrior Batman

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Edgewater, Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma DCLB Limited
    TRD Performance Exhaust
    Definitely file the claim!!! whether or not they pay you back or not, it is worth the try. I have a feeling they will and if they dont, if it was a VISA. Try them and tell them it was a fraudulent charge due to a misleading ad. They may work with you. Paypal, is usually pretty good with this sorta thing though, thats is why everyone uses them. Keep all your emails, and you have the conversations with him on here so that is all evidence against him. I think that is more than enough to win the claim and get at lease partial money back, you may have to return the covers but hey, who cares if you get money back. Paypal may cover return shipping costs too.

3. Sep 29, 2010 at 10:49 AM
    davegreenberg

davegreenberg Member

Member:
    co
    Vehicle:
    07 double cab short bed
    I figure I'll jump in - I sold the covers to sidehack.

I think the blame falls on him to, but fuck it I'll take them back and refund. It doesn't make sense that they fit the guy I got them from, but not sidehacks. I really doubt the guy who sold them to me expected them not to fit my seats since we have the same truck (2007 vs. 2008). He doesn't have a picture of them on his truck, but even if he did - what would that mean? Hell, I even gave the guy my old TRD floormats a week later. Maybe I'm the dumbass, but oh well. Live and learn - next time I sell it's "as is, buyer to verify blah blah blah blah"

4. Sep 29, 2010 at 11:35 AM
    Fortech

Fortech Well-Known Member

Member:
    CANADA
    Vehicle:
    2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR
    Bilstein 5100's, rear TSB, Firestone bags
    The OP should share the majority of the blame as far as I'm concerned. It was stated in the original classified thread (the very post above his own) that the covers were for a SR5 standard seat. The seller didn't install the covers on his own truck so he obviously didn't know either - BUT when purchasing goods second hand it was the responsibility of the purchaser to distinguish if the covers would fit his particular seats or not.

As for the two different sizes of the covers, I believe the passenger side seat is larger than the drivers due to its folding flat option in some years - therefore the reason why one cover fits.

I don't really see any manipulation here on the behalf of the seller? He didn't specify one way or the other if the covers were TRD or SR5. Therefore, I would have a hard time eating the shipping costs and refunding money on this one if it were me. It was stated in the thread, albeit not by the seller, that the covers were for a SR5. I think the purchaser got too horny with a pair of Wet Okole's for only $100...

5. Sep 29, 2010 at 11:36 AM
    Sidehack

Sidehack [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Simi Valley
    Vehicle:
    07 DC Long Bed Sport
    Black Westin Oval Step Bar, Blacked out tail lights, ScanGuageII
    I gladly accept Dave's offer of accepting the seat covers back. As soon as PayPal reverses the charge or credits me back the amount or what ever it does, I will ship them back to Dave, and I will pay the return postage.

I am sorry it had to come to this sort of public airing of what should have been a minor problem.

6. Sep 29, 2010 at 12:55 PM
    cinch

cinch Member Extraordinaire

Member:
    First Name:
    Al
    Boulder Creek Ca
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prerunner double cab
    Maybe it's my imagination but in the picture the OP posted it looks like his drivers seat is a different style than the passenger seat!

:notsure:

Products Discussed in

To Top