1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The Diff Growl/Whine TSB....

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 2TRunner, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Sep 28, 2010 at 7:44 PM
    2TRunner

2TRunner [OP] Snoop Dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    My House Usually
    I am invested in a journey to get this issue taken care of. Had it at the local Toy dealer for the pedal recall and to check out some TSBs a while back

They ordered the pack for the leaf spring squeak. Been like 1.5 months since I was in for this. Dealer says the pack is still on B.O. Would consider doing this myself but I'm waiting for the chance to get my truck back over there.

I am most certainly getting the diff whine. Happens right at 54/55 MPH. Amazingly when I took my truck in, they could not duplicate it. Retards. Tech is either a) Dumb b)Deaf or c)A liar. Hellen Keller could hear that shit.

Like I said I would do the squeak fix I saw here, but I'm really waiting for the parts to come in so I can go back and request to take a ride with the tech and we can have a listen to that diff together.

My real question though. I've hear it whining, I know Toyotas solution is to R+R the carrier assembly.

But...what exactly is wrong? What is causing the whine noise?

Products Discussed in

To Top