Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

new keys?

Old 10-01-2010, 09:41 PM   #21
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerez View Post
^^^ hahaha...ya after i paid for it i saw that n thought to myself "maybe i should buy another one if it works"...lol
You could have saved on shipping but ya blew it. I'd only get one and store the originals.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:28 PM   #22
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
UPDATE:

i finally received the key and....im a little disappointed with the how it looks and feels...but lets see how if it works, tomorrow i will try to program it n get it cut to c if it works with the truck...

here r some pics:

Old 10-14-2010, 07:31 PM   #23
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
The one in the non ebay link looks exactly the same. Good luck man.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:35 PM   #24
chacotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedchacotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedchacotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedchacotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedchacotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedchacotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedchacotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedchacotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedchacotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedchacotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedchacotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Travis
chacotaco's Tacoma Gallery
Can we program new keys ourselves for 05-current (2011)? Or is that Dealer Onry?
Old 10-14-2010, 07:36 PM   #25
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NDT/QA
Name: Jimmy
jpmorrisvb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
UPDATE:

i finally received the key and....im a little disappointed with the how it looks and feels...but lets see how if it works, tomorrow i will try to program it n get it cut to c if it works with the truck...
Thanks for being the test case on this one .... I took a look at one but didn't want to pull the trigger.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:40 PM   #27
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacotaco View Post
Can we program new keys ourselves for 05-current (2011)? Or is that Dealer Onry?

I found this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amddetailing View Post
after 2 hrs of research I found this..

1. Place an already programmed Master key in the keyway. (Do not turn on.)

2. Press the Gas pedal 5 times.

3. Press the Brake pedal 6 times.

4. Pull out the key.

5. Insert the new key and DO NOT turn it on.

6. Press Gas pedal just 1 time and wait until security light stops blinking, (about a minute.)

7. Remove the key and Press Brake pedal 1 time. The cycle is now closed.

The programming mode will end after 10 more seconds.

Several people said it did work. I just ordered my replacement switchblade style from ebay and am waiting to try this procedure to see if it works. Hoping it does.. Ill post my results

Not sure if it works though.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:41 PM   #28
Choot It!
kcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
kcrob1's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-14-2010, 08:01 PM   #30
ppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phuong
ppham444's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-14-2010, 08:04 PM   #31
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
The one in the non ebay link looks exactly the same. Good luck man.
ya thats exactly what my bro said when he called me that it arrived...supposely my dealership will program it for around $30-45 bucks...thats what this service guy told me. (who ive known for a while)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmorrisvb View Post
Thanks for being the test case on this one .... I took a look at one but didn't want to pull the trigger.
u gotta take one for the team sometimes haha, but it looked cool so hopefully everything works great.
Old 10-15-2010, 03:56 AM   #32
TRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to behold

TRDsport253's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-15-2010, 10:20 AM   #33
akdisney is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
Name: Alan
akdisney's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-15-2010, 11:53 AM   #34
SoCal Tacomas

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
I'm actually @ dealership eating popcorn waiting for my truck....
Old 10-15-2010, 11:57 AM   #35
Banned
Quote:
I'm actually @ dealership eating popcorn waiting for my truck....
I know which one you are at. Quality Toyota. Am I right?
Old 10-15-2010, 12:02 PM   #36
SoCal Tacomas

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Hahaha. Naw man. Toyota of glendora off the 57 fwy n 210
Old 10-15-2010, 12:27 PM   #37
SoCal Tacomas

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
DAMN.........

IT FUCKEN WORKS!!!!!
Old 10-15-2010, 01:14 PM   #39
Banned
Quote:
Hahaha. Naw man. Toyota of glendora off the 57 fwy n 210
Damn. Quality Toyota has free popcorn too.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:42 PM   #40
SoCal Tacomas

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Damn. Quality Toyota has free popcorn too.
Haha. They should have food there...like a meal for free