Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2011 2011 TRD OR - Surge at stop with brake applied?

Old 09-29-2010, 05:03 PM   #1
me gusta pechos firmes
jivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jack MeHoff
jivewalker's Tacoma Gallery
Question 2011 TRD OR - Surge at stop with brake applied?

I know of at least one other person that has noticed this and was wondering if anyone had any ideas. After coming to a stop with brake still applied, engine will rev up in a lttle burst and truck will lunge slightly and then return to normal idle. It feels like the truck is gonna take off for a split second and then go's away. It's enough to startle me every time. I will ask the dealer but want to wait until after he does my leafs, since it seems i got lucky there. Any ideas? BTW, the other person has the same 2011. Thanks for the help.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:25 PM   #2
Venomns is on a distinguished road
Venomns's Tacoma Gallery
my 2008 does the same... gonna do a search
Old 09-29-2010, 05:27 PM   #3
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
perfectly normal, was the a/c on or the vent selector set to defrost?

Search around you will find a lot of info.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:31 PM   #4
me gusta pechos firmes
jivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AC definately on, ill search a little further but "lunge" and "surge" didn't seem to give me much, is it engine load related, like compensating after dip at stop. That is my suspicion.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:33 PM   #6
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
It's due to the AC clutch engaging.

Perfectly normal.

Also somewhat startling when not expecting it.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:35 PM   #7
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
It's due to the AC clutch engaging.

Perfectly normal.

Also somewhat startling when not expecting it.
yes my 06 does it too.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:35 PM   #8
DBZ 2010 is on a distinguished road

DBZ 2010's Tacoma Gallery
Get the trans/reflash done if you can get the dealer to apply it to the 2011 trucks. See attached pdf.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Toyota trans-TSB-0393-09.pdf (1.47 MB, 108 views)
Old 09-29-2010, 05:35 PM   #9
Discount Tire Company
Archangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Archangel's Tacoma Gallery
my 2010 does it all the time
Old 09-29-2010, 05:37 PM   #10
Taco Lover
tegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tegdog's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah its the AC my 06 Tundra did it bad, I had to warn people who drove it or they might end up in the intersection.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:38 PM   #11
me gusta pechos firmes

Gotta love TW! Cool, problem solved, thanks to all! Only had the truck 3 weeks, so got to get used to it's personality and what is normal. So far so good.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:41 PM   #12
me gusta pechos firmes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester243 View Post
Look here this is the first one I came across http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post1467750
I must have had my head in my ass again when i looked
Old 09-29-2010, 05:42 PM   #13
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jivewalker View Post
Gotta love TW! Cool, problem solved, thanks to all! Only had the truck 3 weeks, so got to get used to it's personality and what is normal. So far so good.

Old 09-29-2010, 05:54 PM   #14
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
its the ecm bumping the idle,for AC and power steering
Old 09-29-2010, 05:58 PM   #15
Steig is on a distinguished road
Steig's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jivewalker View Post
I know of at least one other person that has noticed this and was wondering if anyone had any ideas. After coming to a stop with brake still applied, engine will rev up in a lttle burst and truck will lunge slightly and then return to normal idle. It feels like the truck is gonna take off for a split second and then go's away. It's enough to startle me every time. I will ask the dealer but want to wait until after he does my leafs, since it seems i got lucky there. Any ideas? BTW, the other person has the same 2011. Thanks for the help.
My 2011 Tacoma DC Off Road does this. At least your getting the Leafs, Toyota and/or The Dealer won't give me the new Leafs.
My first and maybe last Toyota, I owned several Nissan's including a Titan that I traded for the 2011 Tacoma. Nissan customer service is much better, If my Titan had any of these isssues, Nissan Dealer would of took care of them and gave me a loaner car while they fixed it.
I had Tacoma at dealer approx. 2 weeks ago and called Toyota today, either one will fix the Leafs or engine rev problem.
Very dissappointing !!!!
Old 09-29-2010, 06:26 PM   #16
2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed

2chains's Tacoma Gallery
I've noticed this on my 2010, I thought maybe I wasn't paying enough attention to my braking at the stop lights...brakes also seem to have alot more travel...only 20k on the truck...
Old 09-29-2010, 06:32 PM   #17
me gusta pechos firmes

Steig,

I may be wrong here, but I think any ASE cert mechanic can do warranty work. Maybe try that. Also, I might get a hold of the dealership GM and bust his nuts, sounds like he may have an asshole service manager, not cool. Another thing to try is the Attorney General and BBB, wouldn't hurt to call. Don't let some yahoo dealer ruin your experience with the truck. BUST HIS NUTS!
Old 09-29-2010, 09:37 PM   #19
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2chains View Post
I've noticed this on my 2010, I thought maybe I wasn't paying enough attention to my braking at the stop lights...brakes also seem to have alot more travel...only 20k on the truck...
They're like that.

If you need to jump on them though in an emergency, believe me, those fuckers will grab hard.

Gotta love having 4 piston front calipers.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:44 PM   #20
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBZ 2010 View Post
Get the trans/reflash done if you can get the dealer to apply it to the 2011 trucks. See attached pdf.
That has nothing to do with the problem.

Op: Normal. Just use the brake and you won't have a problem.