LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Trim bed mat to fit short bed?

Old 09-29-2010, 06:38 PM   #1
Adrenaline Addict
Mx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mx SuperFly 25's Tacoma Gallery
Trim bed mat to fit short bed?

For those of you that have/have seen the Toyota bed mats... Do you think I could trim one for a long bed down to fit in a short bed? I would imagine I would just have to trim the extra in the front, but I'm worried about the thickness/toughness of the bed mat...

I found one for a long bed for sale and I have a short bed..

Thanks in advance

-don
Old 09-29-2010, 06:43 PM   #2
Banned
Pster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Pster's Tacoma Gallery
Yes. Most bed mats for the Taco in fact have a cut line on them so they don't have to mfg two sizes. I think you probably cut the end off that abuts the cab, but not sure about the OEM.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:59 PM   #3
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NDT/QA
Name: Jimmy
jpmorrisvb's Tacoma Gallery
They do in fact have two different numbers for the mats. Short (60.3") = PT580-35050-SB .... Long (73.5") = PT580-35050-LB

Be that as it may ..... to the best of my knowledge the only difference is that the wheel well/hump of the short bed meets the front wall where as the long bed cuts back outward in front of the wheel well towards the front wall.

You should be able to cut to fit ... .well worth the investment.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:33 AM   #4
Banned
Pster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Pster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmorrisvb View Post
They do in fact have two different numbers for the mats. Short (60.3") = PT580-35050-SB .... Long (73.5") = PT580-35050-LB

Be that as it may ..... to the best of my knowledge the only difference is that the wheel well/hump of the short bed meets the front wall where as the long bed cuts back outward in front of the wheel well towards the front wall.

You should be able to cut to fit ... .well worth the investment.
Exactly. I don't have an OEM, thanks for correcting me.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:35 AM   #5
Adrenaline Addict
Mx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thanks for the info guys
Old 09-30-2010, 06:41 AM   #6
Banned
Pster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mx SuperFly 25 View Post
thanks for the info guys

BTW, I got a really heavy thick well made NEW mat for my Taco on AMAZON.COM for $45.00. Not sure if they have them at that price point any longer. It is a LRV brand Protecta mat.....very heavy and very thick....superb buy for the money. Amazon may have them for ~$60.00.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:29 AM   #8
Banned
Pster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 478DblSport View Post
Op have you checked this thread out? It may be of some help.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/pro...ee-bedmat.html
The Dee Zee pics look exactly like my LRV Protecta...I suspect they are one in the same and made by same company. Often, a company will do this so they can increase sales volume by selling into a lower price point outlet without sacrificing their primary brand.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:37 AM   #9
Adrenaline Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 478DblSport View Post
Op have you checked this thread out? It may be of some help.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/pro...ee-bedmat.html

good stuff..

as always TW members won't let me down

thanks guys