1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Trim bed mat to fit short bed?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by MotoTacoma, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Sep 29, 2010 at 6:38 PM
    MotoTacoma

MotoTacoma [OP] Adrenaline Addict

Member:
    Pencilveineeya
    Vehicle:
    14 Tundra TRD OR, 05 GX470
    tacoma sold 11/13/13 GX470 has 2” Dobinsons IMS w/JBA UCA, Baja Designs S1 ditch lights, more to come!
    For those of you that have/have seen the Toyota bed mats... Do you think I could trim one for a long bed down to fit in a short bed? I would imagine I would just have to trim the extra in the front, but I'm worried about the thickness/toughness of the bed mat...

I found one for a long bed for sale and I have a short bed..

Thanks in advance

-don

2. Sep 29, 2010 at 6:43 PM
    Pster

Pster Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma 4x4
    Bak Flip bed cover, shorty antenna, Peripheral iPod interface, Garmin 750 mount, add'l bed tie down rings, Westin nerf bars, hitch safe, tailgate lock, Ideal 1 3/4" turn-key clamp to secure tailgate from removal, Spare tire security cable, spare tire stainless air hose extender, Fumoto oil drain valve, Amp Research Bed X-Tender w/Schlage Cable Lock, bed mat, Redline hood struts
    Yes. Most bed mats for the Taco in fact have a cut line on them so they don't have to mfg two sizes. I think you probably cut the end off that abuts the cab, but not sure about the OEM.

3. Sep 29, 2010 at 6:59 PM
    jpmorrisvb

jpmorrisvb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2014 Barcelona Red TRD Off-Road PreRunner
    Clazzio seat covers, KB Voodoo Powder Coated Tailgate Cap, OEM running boards, ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket, 35% Tinted windows, EGR window vents, color matched door handles and tail gate lift, WeatherTech FloorLiners, OEM bed mat, sound dampening on rear wall and rear doors, on anytime foglight mod
    They do in fact have two different numbers for the mats. Short (60.3") = PT580-35050-SB .... Long (73.5") = PT580-35050-LB

Be that as it may ..... to the best of my knowledge the only difference is that the wheel well/hump of the short bed meets the front wall where as the long bed cuts back outward in front of the wheel well towards the front wall.

You should be able to cut to fit ... .well worth the investment.

4. Sep 30, 2010 at 5:33 AM
    Pster

Pster Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma 4x4
    Bak Flip bed cover, shorty antenna, Peripheral iPod interface, Garmin 750 mount, add'l bed tie down rings, Westin nerf bars, hitch safe, tailgate lock, Ideal 1 3/4" turn-key clamp to secure tailgate from removal, Spare tire security cable, spare tire stainless air hose extender, Fumoto oil drain valve, Amp Research Bed X-Tender w/Schlage Cable Lock, bed mat, Redline hood struts
    Exactly. I don't have an OEM, thanks for correcting me. :)

5. Sep 30, 2010 at 6:35 AM
    MotoTacoma

Member:
    Pencilveineeya
    Vehicle:
    tacoma sold 11/13/13 GX470 has 2” Dobinsons IMS w/JBA UCA, Baja Designs S1 ditch lights, more to come!
    thanks for the info guys

6. Sep 30, 2010 at 6:41 AM
    Pster

Pster Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma 4x4

BTW, I got a really heavy thick well made NEW mat for my Taco on AMAZON.COM for $45.00. Not sure if they have them at that price point any longer. It is a LRV brand Protecta mat.....very heavy and very thick....superb buy for the money. Amazon may have them for ~$60.00.

7. Sep 30, 2010 at 7:26 AM
    478DblSport

478DblSport Thermonuclear Protection

Member:
    Byron, GA
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver Streak Mica PreRunner DC TRD Sport
    | EXTERIOR | DiamondBack SE Tonneau Cover, Havoc HS2 Hoop Steps, Tailgate Hose Clamp Mod, Shortened OEM Antenna, DeeZee Bed Mat | INTERIOR | Flyzeye V2W (Amber/White/Amber), RAM Mt A-Pillar Mod, Audio: Pioneer AVH-X5700, PDX-5 (119Wx4+410W), Polk Audio MM6501 (F) & MM651 (R), JL Audio CP108LG-W3v3 (Sub), w/Monster, Rockford, & Streetwire cabling, Metra Dash Kit.
  8. Sep 30, 2010 at 7:29 AM
    Pster

Pster Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma 4x4
    The Dee Zee pics look exactly like my LRV Protecta...I suspect they are one in the same and made by same company. Often, a company will do this so they can increase sales volume by selling into a lower price point outlet without sacrificing their primary brand.

9. Sep 30, 2010 at 7:37 AM
    MotoTacoma

Member:
    Pencilveineeya
    Vehicle:

Products Discussed in

To Top