Orderd a New Taco 4x4 DB SR5 will be here the end of october

Need some feed back form the Taco fan's

Going to lift the truck 3" in order to install 20" rims
Am looking at the OME kit or the Bilstein kit

Any input.

TacoTodd
Old 09-29-2010, 10:37 PM   #3
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
OME.

Not to bash the 5100's, but if you're going lift, compressing your springs isn't the way to do it. (Unless you upgrade your springs as well, but fuck it, OME makes the springs and shocks to compliment each other.)

And Chris4x4 has done some testing and found that after some pretty intense Arizona trail riding the bilsteins heated up far more than the OME shocks and thus were more resistant to shock fade.

Just something to consider.

I'm biased for OME for obvious reasons.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:40 PM   #4
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
OME.

Not to bash the 5100's, but if you're going lift, compressing your springs isn't the way to do it. (Unless you upgrade your springs as well, but fuck it, OME makes the springs and shocks to compliment each other.)

And Chris4x4 has done some testing and found that after some pretty intense Arizona trail riding the bilsteins heated up far more than the OME shocks and thus were more resistant to shock fade.

He seems to just want a lift to fit the wheels. Not offroading. But thanks for the boring post anyway
Old 09-29-2010, 10:44 PM   #5
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
He seems to just want a lift to fit the wheels. Not offroading. But thanks for the boring post anyway

Yeah I don't think he's going to do that much off roading with 20's
Old 09-29-2010, 10:49 PM   #6
ToddG is on a distinguished road
Name: Todd
ToddG's Tacoma Gallery
265 or 285/50-20
I have Denail now and have 285/50/20 Good Year fotera and love em was thinking about running the same tire on the Tacoma.
I was told by the tire shop that Tacoma' are extremly sensitive to vibration with larger rims. Any thoughts

Thanks for the help
Quote:
What size tires are you wanting?
Old 09-29-2010, 10:52 PM   #7
ToddG's Tacoma Gallery
I was going to replace the springs and run the 5100 or get the OME kit

Thanks for the help

I am excited about the New Taco and want to do things right the first time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
OME.

Old 09-29-2010, 10:55 PM   #8
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
You could always get the Eibach 1.6" lift springs and set the 5100's to .85". That will be cheaper than the OME front lift I think. But if you got the money you might as well do the full OME. It's a nice setup. But you will definitely want to consider uca's at 3" of lift.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:06 PM   #9
ToddG's Tacoma Gallery
Wink Cool Thanks

Thanks JD
I was looking on the Toytec site and the 5100 kit $649 OME kit $699 only $50 difference in price. OME looks to be worth it

Quote:
You could always get the Eibach 1.6" lift springs and set the 5100's to .85". That will be cheaper than the OME front lift I think. But if you got the money you might as well do the full OME. It's a nice setup. But you will definitely want to consider uca's at 3" of lift.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:07 PM   #10
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
Yeah I don't think he's going to do that much off roading with 20's
I dunno, there seems to be a number of people who like to actually wheel their rigs with 20's.

Not my personal preference, but that's why I'm keeping 16's on my truck.

I suppose I could have just told him to use the fucking search button instead.

I'm just getting soft in my old age.

DAMN YOUNGIN'S! *Shakes cane*

*Falls*

*Breaks hip*

*Complains about not making them like they used to*

*Soils 'Depends' way past its absorbent qualities*
Old 09-29-2010, 11:23 PM   #11
Leadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Leadgolem's Tacoma Gallery
I'd go with the OME for the height you want.

The vibration issue you heard about isn't a myth. However, what you heard isn't exactly right either. With the amount of lift your going to be putting on your going to mess up your drive shaft angle enough to cause an issue. This isn't hard to fix though. All you need to do is drop your carrier bearing 1/4 of an inch.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...k-you-too.html
Old 09-30-2010, 12:44 AM   #13
TACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
TACOMA TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Becareful on those 20's. I have seen may posts where folks on here had balancing issues. I would go 18 as the highest.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:19 AM   #14
ToddG's Tacoma Gallery
20"

Thank you for the information, I have been doing a lot research, and have been told that Taco's are real sensitivewhen it comes to tire balance

Thanks again for taking the time to help
TacoTodd
Las Vegas
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOMA TRD View Post
Becareful on those 20's. I have seen may posts where folks on here had balancing issues. I would go 18 as the highest.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:42 AM   #15
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Depends on how you're planning on using your truck.

The more time you're spending on gnarly dirt roads - the more you want the OME. But that's not really consistent with your choice of 20" wheels. That's a pretty low profile tire for off-roading.

For 20" on the street and low profile tires, I'd go with the bilstiens set to 1.85 ride height.
Old 10-02-2010, 12:16 AM   #16
ToddG's Tacoma Gallery
Tires

Was going to run Good year Fotera 275/60/20 will give a total height of 31.5in
Thank you
Todd G

quote=jdkeller;2228670]What size tires are you wanting?[/quote]
Old 10-02-2010, 12:21 AM   #17
ToddG's Tacoma Gallery
20'2

I am planning on running 275/60/20 Good Year Fotera I have read a lot of great comments on the Bilst with the AAL 1.5 in the rear

Do you suggest UCA's with this set up or will the stock UCA's be suitable.

Thanks for your help

TacoTodd

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post
Depends on how you're planning on using your truck.

The more time you're spending on gnarly dirt roads - the more you want the OME. But that's not really consistent with your choice of 20" wheels. That's a pretty low profile tire for off-roading.

For 20" on the street and low profile tires, I'd go with the bilstiens set to 1.85 ride height.
Old 10-02-2010, 05:49 AM   #18
Stay lifted my friends !
Wattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Uncle K
Wattapunk's Tacoma Gallery
Stock UCA's should be fine unless you have alignment issues. You may try a test fit the wheel/tire combo before purchasing to see if you will have any fitment issues with that size combo.

Old 10-02-2010, 08:55 AM   #19
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
Offroad package is what you are getting?