Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

in-channel vent shades ??

Old 09-30-2010, 07:20 PM   #1
Not bothered....
crazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: and Army - 12 yrs total
Name: Chris
crazyman's Tacoma Gallery
in-channel vent shades ??

I was at the dealership and asked the parts / accessory person if they had any of the in-channel ventshades for the windows.

He told me some story about some vehicles having issues with the windows not closing. He didn't recommend this type of ventshade.

Anyone had these issues ??
Old 09-30-2010, 07:26 PM   #2
notreallymikie will become famous soon enoughnotreallymikie will become famous soon enough
Name: Mike
notreallymikie's Tacoma Gallery
I have the in-channel vents and they are awesome! I can see how, if they are jostled around, they could wind up in the path of the window and prevent proper closure or become broken, but if they are in correctly you shouldn't have a problem. I got them from JC Whitney for a decent price.

ps thanks for the opportunity to use the word "jostle" in a sentence!
Old 09-30-2010, 07:31 PM   #4
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
I have in channel from weathertech and don't have any issues. Like them way better than the tape on ones
Old 09-30-2010, 07:31 PM   #5
SmootDog will become famous soon enoughSmootDog will become famous soon enough

SmootDog's Tacoma Gallery
I have the WADE brand in-channels, and I have had them on my 2006 and my 2009. Never had any problem with the windows not closing, but they do scratch the glass a little bit at the very top, where they contact the visor. Nothing major though.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:36 PM   #6
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NDT/QA
Name: Jimmy
jpmorrisvb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadToy View Post
I've had the EGR in-channels on for 3 years...never had an issue.
Same here ... 3 1/2 years on two Tacomas .... this is what they look like .... yes, they are installed:

Old 09-30-2010, 07:36 PM   #7
06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06redtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
What the parts guys was talking about is some of the auto roll up windows have an acuator in them that tells them to stop rolling up when its all the way up and with those in place it wont so it will keep trying to roll the window up after its all the way up. This is not an issue with our trucks so no problem. (this is an issue with the driver side only on the 4runner, interesting.)
Old 09-30-2010, 07:41 PM   #8
Live Free or Die
Dippy is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
Name: Andrew
Dippy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpulseRed008 View Post
I have in channel from weathertech and don't have any issues. Like them way better than the tape on ones
Hey Inpulse, do you have the set four? or you just have the two? I was looking at those, and wanted to know how the back ones held on..cause correct me if im wrong, but the two for the back windows stick on and the front two are in channel??

Thanks
Old 09-30-2010, 07:47 PM   #9
4X4_TRD has a spectacular aura about4X4_TRD has a spectacular aura about

Navy: Survival Instructor
Name: Justin
4X4_TRD's Tacoma Gallery
I also have the Weathertech's and haven't had any problems with them. I believe the problem with the 4runner that 06redtacoma talked about is with the auto up feature they have. I haven't seen that feature on Tacoma's yet so you shouldn't have any problems.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:48 PM   #10
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Hey Inpulse, do you have the set four? or you just have the two? I was looking at those, and wanted to know how the back ones held on..cause correct me if im wrong, but the two for the back windows stick on and the front two are in channel??

Thanks
I only have the front ones. Don't think they make any for the Access cab rear windows.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:57 PM   #11
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpulseRed008 View Post
I only have the front ones. Don't think they make any for the Access cab rear windows.

I agree ... and I think that they look a bit odd.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:58 PM   #12
Live Free or Die

Law Enforcement:
Dippy's Tacoma Gallery
Didnt think so either, but when i was on the weathertech website last night, i thought it showed a set of four and it said the back two for the access cab stuck on.
Heres the site..
http://www.weathertech.com/store/mvp...tChoiceIds=618

The red box at the bottom says they stick on with a transparent adhesive, but wasnt sure how well it would work. It just looks better with all four i think!
Old 09-30-2010, 08:14 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Didnt think so either, but when i was on the weathertech website last night, i thought it showed a set of four and it said the back two for the access cab stuck on.
Heres the site..
http://www.weathertech.com/store/mvp...tChoiceIds=618

The red box at the bottom says they stick on with a transparent adhesive, but wasnt sure how well it would work. It just looks better with all four i think!
Here is a shot of mine with shades on the front:

Old 09-30-2010, 08:16 PM   #14
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Weathertech ones as well. No problems.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:21 PM   #15
dexdawg is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexdawg is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexdawg is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexdawg is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexdawg is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexdawg is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexdawg is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexdawg is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexdawg is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexdawg is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Security Forces
dexdawg's Tacoma Gallery
just ordered my weathertech tonight.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:28 PM   #17
Live Free or Die

Law Enforcement:
Dippy's Tacoma Gallery
So nobody with the access cab has all four? Any pics??
Old 09-30-2010, 08:33 PM   #18
TacoSupreme is a name known to allTacoSupreme is a name known to allTacoSupreme is a name known to allTacoSupreme is a name known to allTacoSupreme is a name known to allTacoSupreme is a name known to all

TacoSupreme's Tacoma Gallery
I just picked up the JDM slim line weathershields. So far so good. No probs with the window going up.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:44 PM   #19
tammikm has a spectacular aura abouttammikm has a spectacular aura about

tammikm's Tacoma Gallery
egr inline and they are great!
Old 10-01-2010, 03:05 AM   #20
Not bothered....
crazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: and Army - 12 yrs total
Name: Chris
crazyman's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for all the replies.

I thought it was the case that some auto-up windows might have an issue. Glad to hear it's not with the Taco.

I plan to get a set soon. Sounds like Weathertech or EGR are the most popular.