1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My tacoma got hit!!!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by spshocker07, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Oct 1, 2010 at 9:55 AM
    spshocker07

spshocker07 [OP] Member

Member:
    Lynwood, California
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 TRD-Off Road
    Alright guys this past Wednesday night coming home from school I was at a red light going east at an intersection to make a left turn northbound. A Corolla driving north makes a left turn heading west. A jeep driving straight from north to south hits it on the passenger side and the corolla hits me on my driver side front tire. The jeep had a busted front end, radiator liquid spilled, and had to be towed. The corolla had a smashed front passenger door, and body damage on the front diver side pannel (and my paint), he was able to drive away. My truck had the left headlight busted, front bumper cracked, and the side fender is also broken, worst is that the tire axle seems to have bent (the tire was angled in from the top, see pic). Cops showed up and cited the driver of the corolla as responsible. Basically the jeep had the right of way and he crossed him, I just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. My truck is already at the shop but the insurance agent has not looked at it yet, so no idea what repairs are going to be needed yet. My biggest concern is the front axle being bent, what do you guys think?

IMG_0596.jpg
    IMG_0597.jpg

2. Oct 1, 2010 at 9:58 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    It's really hard to tell what damage might have occurred underneath with just a visual reference. Let them deal with it and document any problems or differences you find.

3. Oct 1, 2010 at 9:58 AM
    SubFrozen

SubFrozen r00t

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Sandy, UT
    Vehicle:
    2007 Taco SR5 V6
    3" OME Heavy Duty Lift, 18" Chrome Rimes, ARB Front Bumper, K&N Cold Air Intake
    Ahh crappy dude. If your front axle is bent you'll need to worry about all of the internals it's connected to and possible damage (Xfer case, etc). That can get spendy

4. Oct 1, 2010 at 9:58 AM
    Canadianboy

Canadianboy Taco love in East Van

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Vancouver, BC
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport S/B 4x4 Auto in Mag Grey
    Icon Stage 3, Goodyear Duratracs and KMC Addicts!
    That sucks, but at least you are ok!

5. Oct 1, 2010 at 10:02 AM
    SilverTacoZack

SilverTacoZack Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Elgin, SC
    Vehicle:
    2011 FJ trail teams
    Man that sucks, my dad's Tacoma got hit by a car making a retarded left turn through an intersection in front of him(was like your scenario, his truck would have been the Jeep). His damage was similar to yours but luckily his axle didn't bend. I'd hope your axle didn't bend but if you think it might have, make SURE they check everything out very carefully. You don't wanna run into major problems later when its too late to get the people responsible to pay for it.

6. Oct 1, 2010 at 10:03 AM
    spshocker07

spshocker07 [OP] Member

Member:
    Lynwood, California
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 TRD-Off Road
    Thx guys, nobody in the accident got hurt i forgot to mention that. And yes it is hard to really see the damage to the axle from just the pics, honestly i did not even think to look under it at the time.

7. Oct 1, 2010 at 10:07 AM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    Sorry about your accident. Hope the insurance comes through for you. When you get her back, do not sign anything until you have completely checked her over, that she's all fixed correctly.

Happy to hear you weren't hurt.

Products Discussed in

To Top