Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

transmission cooler

Old 10-01-2010, 12:34 PM   #1
elitepbk is on a distinguished road
elitepbk's Tacoma Gallery
transmission cooler

Have a 09 taco, double cab v6, didnt come with tow package but got one put on, does the truck come with tranny cooler?

Thanks=)
T
Old 10-01-2010, 12:35 PM   #2
elitepbk is on a distinguished road
elitepbk's Tacoma Gallery
4x4 not prerunner
Old 10-01-2010, 12:59 PM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I believe if you purchase the tow package from the factory there is a transmission oil cooler for the automatics. Someone on here did a good write-up of installing an aftermarket oil cooler. I'm assuming you meant you added a hitch and the appropriate wiring when you said you had it put on?
Old 10-01-2010, 01:06 PM   #4
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
You can always add a cooler... I am not sure what we have but there are many types and all transmissions have coolers - just some have auxiliary coolers. (If it helps with cred I was a VP of a company that manufactured 90% of all trans coolers for the large tractors on the highway)

There are alot of good ones out there and 1 bad one.

Seriously, if you are interested in putting one on your truck (they are GREAT insurance for the life of a transmission), go to someplace like Summit racing or believe it or not, Pep Boys - they carry Hayden (they actually invented the aftermarket aux trans cooler - I worked for them).

Best wishes!