Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Any silver streaks out there with OEM tube steps?

Old 10-02-2010, 10:03 AM   #1
huckyourmeat is just really nicehuckyourmeat is just really nicehuckyourmeat is just really nicehuckyourmeat is just really nice
huckyourmeat's Tacoma Gallery
Any silver streaks out there with OEM tube steps?

I have the silver streak 2010 DC and am wondering if anyone out there has the stock silver/grey tube steps installed. If so, I'd love to see a picture!

I'm thinking about getting these and really like the look of the Toyota branded steps, but I'm having a hard time imagining what the grey looks like with the silver truck.
Old 10-02-2010, 12:09 PM   #2
maju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Retired
maju's Tacoma Gallery
Here are some. Sorry about the qulity they are phone pics
Attached Thumbnails
Any silver streaks out there with OEM tube steps?-img00004.jpg   Any silver streaks out there with OEM tube steps?-img00005.jpg   Any silver streaks out there with OEM tube steps?-img00012.jpg  
Old 10-02-2010, 12:29 PM   #3
Native Son
Cape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jack
Cape Codder's Tacoma Gallery
Access Cab Tube Steps

Sorry for shadows and grass in the last one, it's the only broadside pic I could find

EDIT: Mine aren't Grey, They're Silver and pretty much a perfect match.
Installed as dealer option on new truck. Choices were Silver or Black
There's more pics in my gallery, but I don't think any are close-ups that would show the Matching, any better.
They're Aluminum and I believe I read here, that they're Powder Coated, but IDK.
Would NOT be a good choice if you plan serious Off-Roading.

CC
Old 10-02-2010, 08:36 PM   #4
huckyourmeat is just really nicehuckyourmeat is just really nicehuckyourmeat is just really nicehuckyourmeat is just really nice
huckyourmeat's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome...thanks for the fast responses!

By the way, both of your trucks look awesome. I think I'll grab the tube steps after I throw down for a topper.
Old 10-02-2010, 10:15 PM   #5
Official TW Igloo Builder
cantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hugh Jass
cantac09's Tacoma Gallery
check my gallery. i really like them but they are a bitch to get mud out of
Old 10-03-2010, 08:14 AM   #6
CometKat is a jewel in the roughCometKat is a jewel in the roughCometKat is a jewel in the rough
CometKat's Tacoma Gallery
Are these OEM steps useful in any way for getting in and out of the truck?
Old 10-03-2010, 08:59 AM   #8
Native Son
Cape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jack
Cape Codder's Tacoma Gallery
that's what they're for

Quote:
Originally Posted by CometKat View Post
Are these OEM steps useful in any way for getting in and out of the truck?
I use mine for exactly that purpose and my lady, at five feet tall, needs to use them.
I put my outside foot (left for driver's door) on the step, grab the pillar handle with my outside hand and lift myself in.
Little more awkward getting out and is easier to slide off the seat, but it's still a drop, so I use them to get out also
Same process in reverse.
I do this mainly to keep from sliding across the upholstery and wearing it out.
I can get in and out without them though, if I chose to.
I've got a 2010 TRD Sport 4x4 with no lift.
The highest part of the edge of my seat is at about 33" and my belt line is maybe at 39"
Don't know if yours is the same height. You obviously wouldn't need them in a lower vehicle or if you're taller.
As I stated in my post above, I wouldn't have them, if I did any serious off roading, though.

CC
Old 10-03-2010, 09:01 AM   #9
Palmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant future

Army: U.S. Army
Name: Pete
Palmetto Pete's Tacoma Gallery
Here are a couple photos of mine. I like them since they are basically the same color as the truck, they blend in well. My wife also likes them for getting in and out of the truck.

Old 10-03-2010, 09:11 AM   #10
TRDfly is a splendid one to beholdTRDfly is a splendid one to beholdTRDfly is a splendid one to beholdTRDfly is a splendid one to beholdTRDfly is a splendid one to beholdTRDfly is a splendid one to beholdTRDfly is a splendid one to behold

TRDfly's Tacoma Gallery
I've had them since new in 2007.....love'em!