Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Wet Okole: To heat or not to heat?

Old 10-02-2010, 09:34 PM   #1
BGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to all
Name: Baron
BGrutter's Tacoma Gallery
Wet Okole: To heat or not to heat?

I've been really thinking hard about whether or not to get in on the Wet Okole group buy. I've not yet made any decision, but I'm getting closer. Here's a little background on my primary debate.

My last vehicle had leather seats and were absolutely miserable in the Winter and Summer, but EXTREMELY uncomfortable in the winter. However, I had heated seats, which was about the only thing that made things bearable.

I've begun wondering whether the Neoprene will suffer any of the same weather effects as the Leather. I sort of doubt it, as standard fabric is no where near as temperature sensitive. But, with my total lack of experience with Neoprene seats, I really don't know.

Side note: I'm aware that I'll have to install 12v outlets for the heat elements.

So, here are my questions:
  • Does anyone have the heating elements for their Wet Okole?
  • Will the heating elements be worth the money and effort of installation?
  • Does anyone see a large downside to the ~$70 extra for the heating elements?
Old 10-02-2010, 09:39 PM   #2
Gots a Taco!
Series1000 is just really niceSeries1000 is just really niceSeries1000 is just really niceSeries1000 is just really nice
Series1000's Tacoma Gallery
I plan on ordering the heated seat option and I would also like to know if the heated seat option is worth the money.
Old 10-02-2010, 11:19 PM   #4
BGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to all
Name: Baron
BGrutter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
^Fuck yes if it comes stock.
Huh?
Old 10-02-2010, 11:22 PM   #6
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
Tacomas up here in Canada as of 2010 can come with a leather option that includes heated seats.
2009's had the same option .
Old 10-02-2010, 11:31 PM   #7
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Now you're rocking Blade Runner avatar?

I knew there was something I liked about you.

BTW - Fuck 2009. It was a shitty year.

Minus the birth of my daughter, that wasn't so bad.
Old 10-02-2010, 11:55 PM   #8
Leadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Leadgolem's Tacoma Gallery
This indicates that neoprene is not heat or cold sensitive like leather.
http://www.ehow.com/about_6546335_ne...at-covers.html

I plan on getting the heated version myself. Colorado can be bitterly cold sometimes.
Old 10-03-2010, 04:10 AM   #9
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
2009's had the same option .
x2 Saw one at the dealership last year.
Old 10-03-2010, 06:27 AM   #10
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
You don't have to go with neoprene. There are other seat covers that won't be 'as miserable' (like clothe, etc). I hate neoprene myself because it sweaty in summer & cold as hell in the winter.

I have clothe seat covers and I added a heated seat element/kit to my 2007 drivers seat (aftermarket). I would've added heated seats even if I didn't have seat covers!! Heated seats are frigin awesome!!!
Just in case anyone wants to know:
http://www.lieblweb.com/heatedseat.html
This kit is really nice.
Old 10-03-2010, 07:21 AM   #11
The "Search" tab is your friend!!
steviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Steve
steviestyles's Tacoma Gallery
I don't have the heater option on my WO, and I have never found myself wanting them either. If you like having a heat pad on your back, I'd say go for it, otherwise they're not really necessary.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:41 AM   #12
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
I agree. I live in a cold climate and never once wished my seats were heated. I'd use the savings for something else.
Old 11-28-2010, 01:07 AM   #13
WiltSF is on a distinguished road
Air Force: SF
Name: Matt
WiltSF's Tacoma Gallery
So if it is available in Canada shouldn't there be a Toyota factory set up for it???
Old 11-28-2010, 01:12 AM   #14
Gots a Taco!
Series1000 is just really niceSeries1000 is just really niceSeries1000 is just really niceSeries1000 is just really nice
Series1000's Tacoma Gallery
mmmm, I got the heated seat option on the wet okole covers and i have used them every day since they have been in! well worth the money!!
Old 11-28-2010, 05:03 PM   #15
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiltSF View Post
So if it is available in Canada shouldn't there be a Toyota factory set up for it???
That's what I don't get either , the US and Canadian trucks are made in the same plants , but we can get factory leather with heated seats , and our trucks come stock with the 4 leaf TSB rear .
Old 11-28-2010, 08:41 PM   #16
shawnd2 is a glorious beacon of lightshawnd2 is a glorious beacon of lightshawnd2 is a glorious beacon of lightshawnd2 is a glorious beacon of lightshawnd2 is a glorious beacon of lightshawnd2 is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Shawn
shawnd2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
That's what I don't get either , the US and Canadian trucks are made in the same plants , but we can get factory leather with heated seats , and our trucks come stock with the 4 leaf TSB rear .
They also come with different speedometers, and all have DTRL's.
Different options for different region markets.

Shawn
Old 11-28-2010, 10:42 PM   #17

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnd2 View Post
They also come with different speedometers, and all have DTRL's.
Different options for different region markets.

Shawn
Duh .

KM's vs MPH and DTRL's are the law here . Thanks .

But seriously , why no factory leather / heated seats for the US Tacomas ?
Old 11-28-2010, 10:55 PM   #18
Tacoma Newbie
moserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud of
moserjjx's Tacoma Gallery
I have heated WO seat covers and I love them in the cold climate up here in WI. Wired each one separately to a switch on the dash and left a 12V plug under each seat in case I need to remove the seats (I can just unplug the stock connector)