1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Cool background effects on Toyota emblem

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by SAIRS, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Oct 2, 2010 at 10:18 PM
    SAIRS

SAIRS [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    Super White 2012 Double Cab LB TRD SPORT
    Icon Extended Travel Stage 1, Total Chaos UCA's, Dakkar leaf pack, Beefed DCLB Sliders with extended kickout and custom BSP, Beefed Custom exo-rear tube bumper, Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft mod. Front mudflaps removed, Access LE soft tonneau cover, Weathertech digital floor mat, Weathertech window deflectors, Weathertech license plate frames. future plans = diamond plate tailgate mod, Venture Shield, TRD supercharger...the dream goes on and on....
    So I was at a Toyota dealership last night gawking at some Tacomas and I walked by some new Prius's on the lot and stopped in my tracks when I saw this...

[​IMG]

I love the background effect behind the Toyota emblem. It is made on some type of thin flexible plastic sheet. I thought it would be a wicked cool accessory to go behind my devil toyota emblem when I get the truck (but the background will be red instead of blue).

I dont know if I was using the wrong words in my search, but nothing came up as far as anyone doing this to their Tacoma. Has anyone done this? Its gotta be real easy and cheap to do. I just dont know how to paint like that. Any suggestions on how to do this?

2. Oct 2, 2010 at 10:26 PM
    ilg

ilg VanCity Taco.

Member:
    BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 MGM TRD O/R 4x4 6-Spd
    WeatherTechs, Yellow Fogs, Alpine X-100 iPod Stereo, Custom Seat Covers, Debadged, Locking Bed Compartments, Black Front Toyota Emblem, AVS Vent Visors, Colour Matched Grill, TRD Shift Knob, Eagle Alloy 187s in 16x8 wrapped in 265/75/R16 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, Black Chrome TRD Badge on Tailgate, Black Rear Bumper, 8 in shorty antenna, 5100s @ 2.5.
    I have seen this on a few different cars, usually it is a single sticker that goes behind the emblem if you can remove it. Others have been separate stickers that you fill in the empty spaces with.

I have never seen it on a Tacoma either, but the emblems on the front have some dead space where there is no plastic so it might require using a thin sheet of plastic and adding a sticker to that, then re installing the emblem on top.

3. Oct 2, 2010 at 10:29 PM
    stmpjmpr

stmpjmpr Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    So Orange County, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma Sport MGM 4X4
    The Hybrid Lexus 450 has it also.

Products Discussed in

To Top