1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Noise in Cab

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by lockdj, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Oct 4, 2010 at 12:30 PM
    lockdj

lockdj [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    DONNIE
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner-Extendid Cab
    I bought my Tacoma and after a couple of days my wife noticed a noise in the cab, like the window was down, I usually have a window cracked. With all window up it sound like a window is crack. The Dealer stated that all Tacomas sound like that!! This doesn't sound right. Can someone help me. It is an 2009 with only 13,000 on it and I already want to get rid of it!!:mad:

2. Oct 4, 2010 at 1:45 PM
    09slvrtaco

09slvrtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Rancho Cucamonga
    Vehicle:
    09 Silver DC LB PreRunner Sport
    Banks Monster Exhaust, Weather Tech's, Tint, AFE air filter, 5100's on all four corners, front set at 0, Eibach coils, tsb spring
    I have the same issue. It sounds like there is air coming through one of my panels by the seat belt. I'v kind of just gotten use to it.

3. Oct 4, 2010 at 1:51 PM
    TRDfly

TRDfly Well-Known Member

Member:
    Traverse City, MI
    Vehicle:
    Silver 07 DC, TRD off-road....it's the bomb!!
    DRL, Black Headlight mod, H.I.D's, Wet Ass Seatcovers, White instrument cluster, Illuminated 4x4 switch.
    Maybe you bought your wife too nice a car and she's used to a noise level that the Taco might not provide?!:notsure:

Start looking in the stereo section here for ideas on how insulate your Taco.

4. Oct 4, 2010 at 2:11 PM
    theredofshaw

theredofshaw Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Somewhere on the East coast
    Vehicle:
    not a taco (guess that means I can be a MOD now)
    (totaled) 2011 Tacoma DC
    X2

kinda got used to it...but it can get bad if its really windy while driving

5. Oct 4, 2010 at 2:38 PM
    Priddle

Priddle And now for something completely different....

Member:
    St. John's, NL Canada
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Sport DCSB
    Current: Pelfreybilt front and rear bumpers, winch, icon front coils/shocks, Icon rear shocks, Dakar leafs, Camberg UCAs, Pumpkin Android stereo, custom sub box w/ 2x10" RF subs and Kicker amp, short shifter kit, Fuel Beast 18" wheels w/ 1mm offset, BFG AT2 285/65/18
    I found this too. I've had the truck for 4 weeks now and the past 1-2 weeks its been windy here and it sounds like win is coming through somewhere on the passenger side door, like the seal is not 100%. Forget bringing it to a dealer, unless it's windy out they'll unlikely be able to reproduce it.

6. Oct 4, 2010 at 3:00 PM
    myname150

myname150 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Check the windshield seal at the top...mine was making the same noise when we first bought it (feb 2008) and i got it fixed at the dealership.

7. Oct 4, 2010 at 3:23 PM
    Priddle

Priddle And now for something completely different....

Member:
    St. John's, NL Canada
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Sport DCSB
    Current: Pelfreybilt front and rear bumpers, winch, icon front coils/shocks, Icon rear shocks, Dakar leafs, Camberg UCAs, Pumpkin Android stereo, custom sub box w/ 2x10" RF subs and Kicker amp, short shifter kit, Fuel Beast 18" wheels w/ 1mm offset, BFG AT2 285/65/18
    For me it sounds like its coming from over the passenger-side access door. The wind is low now so I can't detect it lol

8. Oct 5, 2010 at 11:13 AM
    lockdj

lockdj [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    DONNIE
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    I took my back to dealer and they all heard the noise but wouldn't do anything about it, this was at Peterson Toyato Lumberton NC or can I say that ???
    A truck that cost 26,000.00 plus shouldn't have any wind noise when windows are up!!!!

9. Oct 7, 2010 at 1:38 PM
    009NJF

009NJF Member

Member:
    kissimmee, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma 4x4 TRD SR5
    K&N cold air intake
    I have the same issue, it gets loud like the window is down at around 95 MPH. I cant figure it out.

10. Oct 7, 2010 at 6:51 PM
    Dadic 78

Dadic 78 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Fil
    Edmonton, AB CANADA
    Vehicle:
    08 Double cab TRD
    Sounds like a bad seal. Your dealer should take care of it, especially if you're the original owner of the vehicle. If you bought the vehicle used, and it's still under warranty, the dealership should still take care of it. You may have to raise a stink, but they'll do it. Worse case scenario, just take it to another Toyota dealership, raise another stink about it, and they'll take care of it.

11. Oct 8, 2010 at 4:37 AM
    jpmorrisvb

jpmorrisvb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2014 Barcelona Red TRD Off-Road PreRunner
    Clazzio seat covers, KB Voodoo Powder Coated Tailgate Cap, OEM running boards, ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket, 35% Tinted windows, EGR window vents, color matched door handles and tail gate lift, WeatherTech FloorLiners, OEM bed mat, sound dampening on rear wall and rear doors, on anytime foglight mod
    I also experienced this noise in my cab ...... more of a whinning ...... I figured it out and booted her to the curb ...... :cool:.

Now I am very pleased with my Tacoma ...... solid and quiet ...... people are surprised after a short drive of how nice it rides.

12. Oct 8, 2010 at 5:21 AM
    dalsmthme

dalsmthme Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ithaca, NY
    Vehicle:
    '09 Double Cab 4X4 SR5
    Close a dollar bill (or a hundo if you are a high roller) in the door and slide it around the seal. If you feel and loose spots where the bill slips easily, mark the location and take it back to the dealer. If it isn't the door seal then move to the next items. Unfortunatly, it seems like dealers lately don't want to do any diagnostic work. If you take a few minutes to try and track down the issue yourself and can show them where the issue is you will probably have a better time getting it fixed. After it is fixed you can have the enjoyment of discuss how disappointed you are that you had to do there job for them...

13. Oct 8, 2010 at 11:21 AM
    lockdj

lockdj [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    DONNIE
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    Thanks (dalsmthme)that sounds like a winner to find the problem, but I guess I will try the (Jackson) since I haven't gotten to the high roller status yet!!!!

Products Discussed in

To Top